'Full Game Trials' Allows you to earn trophies for 5 hours for free.

Breakingthegreen

Mostly wanting to make this thread to answer a question I had that no one here either ask or mentioned.

But to answer the query I had, Yes, you can earn trophies through the 'Free Game Trial' feature on PS5 and they are proper trophies unlike those "PS Plus game trials" on PS3 10 years ago.

To explain what these trials even are: In the UK and Canada, Sony is trialing ? allowing people to play a game for 5 hours, uncomprised, not a demo. You download the whole game and you can then continue from where you left if you buy it after the trial ends.

It's also recommended that a second account to claim the trial and download the desired game, because the 5 hour timer starts at the point of claiming not the point of starting the game.

Currently to my knowledge the games that you can play trials of is: Sackboy A Big Adventure, Death Stranding Directors Cut, Biomutant.

• Like 2

The big question is: can I sync these trophies to my profile and keep them even if I opt not to purchase the game?

I remember this same idea on PS3 years ago, but the trophies wouldn't sync unless you purchased the full version.

1 minute ago, Helyx said:

The big question is: can I sync these trophies to my profile and keep them even if I opt not to purchase the game?

I remember this same idea on PS3 years ago, but the trophies wouldn't sync unless you purchased the full version.

You can see on my profile that I got two trophies in Biomutant, and I have not bought the game, I've had experience with both PS3 and PS5 Trials and I know what you mean.

1 hour ago, breakingthegreen said:

Yes, you can earn trophies through the 'Free Game Trial' feature on PS5 and they are proper trophies unlike those "PS Plus game trials" on PS3 10 years ago.

Maybe I'm just a dumb-dumb, but what is the point of using a second account for downloading the trial? Wouldn't the timer be tied to the console, regardless of which account downloaded it? Or if you do that, would you have the full 5 hours on your primary account? 

Cause I thats the case, I would imagine you could start the trial on your primary and when it's up, download it again with a secondary and continue another 5 hours on the primary. 

Hope that makes sense. 

Regardless, I like the idea. Been wanting to check out biomutant but didn't want to buy it if I got bored 3 hours in. 

• Like 1