Whats your favorite UR Platinum game?

Misshandlad

I don't really have a singular favorite one. Here's some of the more enjoyable ones I've done though:

Tera

Muramasa Rebirth

Tales of Symphonia

Rogue Legacy

Final Fantasy XIV (PS4, that PS5 one looks like a nightmare with the collector gathering/crafting)

https://psnprofiles.com/Nauticus87/log?rarity=ultra-rare&type=platinum

I have 28 and the only one I wouldn't recommend is Gauntlet as it's a horrible grindfest that's not fun in any way.

N++ is probably the best, pure platformer out there and tough, if you enjoy it you'll get dozens of hours of fun that lasts beyond the platinum.

Rayman Legends is pure fun. Dark Cloud 2 if you want an amazing, nostalgic PS2 RPG, Catherine if you enjoy puzzles mixed with a visual novel, honestly I'd say they're all worth playing. Except Gauntlet.

• Like 1

Ys Origin.  The fact that I did it twice on PSN and also did the 100% on Steam (which is a lot harder) says I really enjoy the game. 

Also an honorable mention to Exist Archive.  That and Ys Origin are about the only UR Plats I got that I'd actually recommend to others.

7 hours ago, Caleb_21 said:

I know it isn't for everyone, but I love The Evil Within. The multiple playthroughs and Akumu will scare people off, but it's honestly my favorite survival-horror game of all time. The aesthetics, the claustrophobic corridors, the enemy designs, all of it I'm crazy about. Playing through the game as much as I did made me realize how many different ways you can approach the combat situations in the game. With multiple tools at your disposal, I always came up with new approaches to situations in subsequent playthroughs. 

It definitely isn't for everyone, but it's some of the most fun I've had in awhile. 

The Evil Within is my favorite horror game as well, maybe my favorite game ever! I recomend It, too!

• Like 2

Oh wow. Until this post, I didn't even know I had a single Ultra Rare Platinum. After looking, looks like I have 20!

Recommend:
Rayman Legends - First and only Rayman game... oh wait, I played Rayman Raving Rabbids. I enjoyed the game. Great platformer. The Final Level of Awesomeness was stupid though.
Batman: Arkham Origins - The Arkham franchise being my favourite franchise means I have to include this. It's probably my least favourite Arkham game, but I still really enjoy it. A Cold, Cold Heart is a great DLC. Was annoyed spending $14 for the DLC though, more than I spent the rest of this 25-30 hour game. Definitely not going to justify the awful Origins Blackgate spinoff though.
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - I really enjoy this game and its list. The DLC is cheap, and the game as a whole is fairly priced. I don't play many stealth games but I enjoyed the ability to be a pacifist or be completely stealthy. Great game.
Steep - I don't play Sports or these types of games. But I *really* enjoyed this game. Highly recommended.
Battlefront II - For the price I paid ($14) I love it. The campaign sucks, but the multiplayer is great fun, despite being a casual Star Wars fan. The game launched rough... to say the least, but they really turned it around and I'd recommend it to anybody that enjoys multiplayer games.
The Forest - I don't think I would've enjoyed it nearly as much solo. Playing this co-op was a blast. Super enjoyable... except for that ending, what the hell was that? Some of the trophies were stupidly made, even with me earning them via Creative mode.
Red Dead Redemption 2 - What a phenomenal game. Has an awful online mode with trophies, has those stupid exotic hunting requests. But I'm able to look past all of that. Great characters, writing, world, environment, mechanics, and gunplay that 99 in 100 seem to detest but I love. One of my favourite games of all time!

Do Not Recommend:

Knowledge is Power - Could've been an alright gimmicky trivia game. But the long-ass animations making matches take half an hour make this easy to avoid. The platinum requirements are also quite grindy.

Grand Theft Auto V - Super long and awful Online mode. Easy 8+/10 game otherwise.

Fall Guys - Enjoyed it for the time but don't care for the game anymore and felt Infallible was a dumb trophy meant only to stir up controversy.

Superhot - The game was pretty alright but for whatever reason, I just can't recommend it.

Killzone Shadow Fall - First and only Killzone and I can easily say it's one of my least favourite games I've ever played. Feels like a PS3 launch title not a PS4 one.

Call of Duty:

Black Ops III

Infinite Warfare

Black Ops

Modern Warfare 3

Black Ops 4

Cold War

Ghosts

WWII

=======================

Black Ops III - The campaign is awful, and Personal Decorator is an infamous trophy as it's a long grind, however, Black Ops III is one of, if not my favourite CODs so I'm glad I went ahead and got it.

Infinite Warfare - Campaign is, in my opinion overhyped. Obviously, there was massive backlash for the game as a whole. But the people who went ahead got the game and played the campaign seem to love it. I enjoy E3N (Ethan). But that's where my praise of the characters/story goes. The levels and guns are alright, especially for the $16 I paid. But I don't understand the story/character hype.

I really enjoy Zombies in Spaceland and is probably the sole reason I'm putting this fairly high.

The Dominion trophy is insanely bullshit. Literally only annoying because it's buggy beyond belief.

Black Ops - Amazing campaign, great multiplayer, and while it is an outdated Zombies, in my opinion, it is a great step up from WAW and I really enjoyed it. If I didn't feel the need to have 100% lists, then I'd recommend it even more. $5 for the game is great, but then I went and spent $80 for 4 DLC maps.

Modern Warfare 3 - Least favourite Modern Warfare of the original trilogy, but it's still fun for the campaign and Spec Ops for $5. Same problem as Black Ops for me where I spent $45 for the 3 DLCs.

Black Ops 4 - Stupid Reznov requirement. Difficult Easter Eggs and Zombies for a whole, which is a big negative for non-Zombies players. No campaign. Multiplayer that was not my cup of tea at all. I enjoy the Zombies though, even with all my complaints with this iteration and whatnot.

Cold War - I enjoyed the campaign. Didn't like the multiplayer, and think the Zombies is mediocre at best. But it had a fairly good trophy list. First time I've actually played through a Dead Ops Arcade campaign. The worst part probably being the stupid Onslaught mode. But that's tied to the DLC list. No other DLC trophies though. That's good.

Ghosts - Forgettable campaign, multiplayer that I don't care for and a side mode (Extinction) that I don't enjoy more than Zombies. I'd probably like it more if it didn't feel like such a PS3 game. WAW, BO1, MW2, MW3 & BO2 all somehow felt more advanced than Extinction.

WWII - A campaign that included over-the-top action scenes, characters and story moments I didn't care for at all. But I still enjoy it a bit. Played a ton of multiplayer but I tried to go back and couldn't enjoy it for more than a few minutes. Probably my least favourite Zombies mode.

TLDR; I don't have a single one. I have multiple.

Edited by OmegaRejectz
  • Like 1

Easily for me Yakuza Kiwami. Bought the game on a whim cause i thought the steelbook looked cool. Now the game is one of my all time favorites and it introduced me to the Yakuza series. Just need to get around to playing through all the other games in the series.......eventually  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I haven’t played X-Com myself, so I can’t comment comparatively, but personally, I think Invisible Inc is rare more because it takes a long time, and quite a few runs to plat, rather than raw difficulty.

For most runs, you can have ‘rewinds’ on, so really, if you have the patience to learn the game mechanics and a willingness to experiment with them, it is a very do-able plat.

Plus, the game is so good, that taking that time to learn the mechanics is a pleasure 263a.png

To be honest this sounds almost identical to Xcom platinum requirements.

I may well be tempted to purchase Invisible Inc based on all these recommendations.

• Like 1

Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus. How should I put this? I never imagined I would pull off one of the most difficulty games I've ever played. It's a 9/10 difficulty because of the whole setting Mein Leben. Collectibles and DLC collectibles were really easy and not too much of a big hassle to find them all. I know how it feels to lose your shit on Mein Leben which can be quite the formidable challenge. You gonna be very confident and determined throughout Mein Leben to know what weapons you use, upgrade them, where the enemies are etc.

The only easy shortcut I only did was Re-entering Section F. It was easy enough for me to go through that but the other shortcuts I was bad at it, instead I took it like a man and did it the hard way all the way to the very end.

It's not over for me. I possess the second Mein Leben and I'm gonna do it again.

• Like 2

Yakuza 0: Tough choice as I played a couple of very good UR games but I’m going for Yakuza 0.

Having never heard of Yakuza this game was recommended to me by someone. Can’t remember who exactly.. And this game blew me away. Everything from the characters, story, music, humor, minigames, etc.. It’s all so good.

When I completed it the rarity was 2.70% or something and now it’s at 4.16%. That’s a good thing. More people should play and complete this masterpiece! 

• Like 4

I've actually put some of my favourite UR plats in my cabinet, which are:

Super Meat Boy

WipEout HD (can just do Omega Collection instead)

Catherine

Jotun

Furi

Thumper

Shadow of the Colossus

Edited by Dzware