Undead Wolf

Corpse Party (2021) coming to PS4 on October 20th

13 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

header.jpg?t=1633711643

XSEED announced that they're going to release Corpse Party (2021) for PS4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC in the west on the 20th of October. This is the game known as Corpse Party Blood Covered: Repeated Fear in Japan that released in February of this year. The trophy list HERE.

Here's an overview of the game:

The haunted halls of Heavenly Host Elementary School are waiting for their next victim! Based on the cult classic that started the series in 1996, Corpse Party (2021) has been updated for the next generation of horror fans while retaining its 16-bit charm. In addition to the five main story chapters, each with multiple gruesome endings, the title features 16 “Extra Chapters” expanding the series’ lore, characters, and relationships, including two brand-new episodes introducing new characters with intriguing roles to play. The “Extra Chapters” included in this release are also fully voiced in Japanese for the first time in the West.

ABOUT THIS GAME
A friendship ritual gone awry transports high school student Ayumi Shinozaki and her friends to an alternate reality version of a tragedy-stricken institution that stood on the site of their own school long ago. As the vengeful spirits of elementary school students threaten their lives and their sanity, their only hope of survival–much less escape–is to uncover the chilling details surrounding the murders of those trapped before them.

KEY FEATURES
Atmospheric Retro-Style Graphics
Gorgeous 16-bit-style visuals paired with gruesome descriptions and heart-pounding sound design will have your imagination running wild with visions of horror.

Every Choice Counts
Explore every corner of Heavenly Host Elementary with a cross between point-and-click adventure gameplay and a battleless RPG, making choices that significantly change the course of the story and its characters’ fates.

More Content than Ever
On top of the original five main story chapters and fourteen Extra Chapters, two new Extra Chapters delve into the relationship between series favorites Ayumi and Yoshiki, as well as introduce Miku Shirayume and Ryoka Iwami, two characters with their own intriguing roles to play in the grisly legend of Heavenly Host Elementary.

Another Dimension in Horror
Put on headphones to immerse yourself in the fully voiced Japanese audio and bone-crunching sound effects thanks to the binaural 3D recording techniques, creating a simulated surround sound experience that will have you looking over your shoulder at every turn.

I'm pretty hyped for this myself. I love Corpse Party.

Edited by Undead Wolf

I bought mine from the Japan store since it comes with English subtitles and menu. Though I do need to remind myself to play it sometime starting next week to make it my Halloween platinum. Now if only they will bring the other corpse party games over an then I can have them all with platinums.

I was hoping this would come west at some point. I'll likely wait for a sale or a physical to re-buy this for the 3rd time though, I'm in no rush to replay it.

Hard to believe this series started out as an rpg maker game for the NEC PC-9801 back in 1996

really interested on it, played the first 2 on PSP, and were good

5 minutes ago, DeepEyes7 said:

really interested on it, played the first 2 on PSP, and were good

Same here. I still have both games on my PSP and loved them.

Maybe there is a chance to get an updated version of the second one if this sells well?

Is this the first one that's on the PSP?

1 minute ago, XchocomanX said:

Is this the first one that's on the PSP?

It's an enhanced version of the PSP game. New chapters, updated character sprites, etc.

11 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

It's an enhanced version of the PSP game. New chapters, updated character sprites, etc.

Say, if I'm playing that game (I'm currently on Chapter 5), should I hold off for this one instead? Also, is just the first one, right? There are two on the PSP, that's why I'm asking.

1 minute ago, XchocomanX said:

Say, if I'm playing that game (I'm currently on Chapter 5), should I hold off for this one instead? Also, is just the first one, right? There are two on the PSP, that's why I'm asking.

Personally, I would hold off for this new version. I mean it looks better, has more content, and also the added bonus of trophy support. Not sure if there are any caveats like increased censorship though. Maybe someone who's more familiar with the two versions can speak to that. And I believe it's just an enhanced version of the first game. 

18 minutes ago, XchocomanX said:

I’m pretty sure there is only a little bit of extra content so if you don’t care about the trophies I probably wouldn’t bother and just look up the new content online. and yes, it’s just the first one.

Nice. I've been trying to get that for PS Vita with no success so this will be cool for people like me. 

Hell yes!!! love the amount of Japanese games that are heading over to the west!