The Trilogy will be removed

On 10/9/2021 at 2:24 PM, Italianlaaaad2 said:

Rockstar… only giving 3 day notice for ppl who dont own…. It?1f3fb.png‍♂️1f614.png1f614.png1f614.png1f614.png?1f3fb.png‍♂️:(…

The current bundle is 35 bucks. It  has had 50% discounts at launch and 20+ times since.
https://en.psprices.com/region-us/game/125728/grand-theft-auto-the-trilogy

The only interest being given to the product now is the fake outrage of no longer have access to this exact SKU. R* will be replacing it with a comparable product that should be better but, sadly, also more money. Access to the games will remain although the new ones will be more than PS2 emulated games. 

In 5 years if someone wanted this collection but couldn't get 18 bucks for it then I'd say they never really wanted it. When R* re-releases those people can go right back to claiming to want the new collection and never buy it. Nothing changes

• Like 3

On 10/9/2021 at 2:03 AM, N1NJ4_V4MP1R3 said:

I’m guessing the Remasters will be pretty low effort if they are worried about having the originals available on the store at the same time

I am guessing this is going to be the case. I don't see R* putting too much effort into these ports.

On 8.10.2021 at 11:48 PM, CntrlAlt said:

so the next trilogy got a different trophy list?

Probably. The achievement icons from the files within the rockstar launcher indicate that their will be more achievements while also keeping the original ones. At least 5-10 new achievements for each game.

20 minutes ago, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

The new "remasters" will be a lazy upgrade. uncap frame rate and resolution bump nothing more, if you were hoping for mafia definitive edition level remaster. it won't be like that.

I mean we have no clues for anything like that so far. I don't expect a gta5 level of graphics or even 2021 standard, but it should be at least on a level of gta4. The definitive edition will run (according to file leaks) on unreal engine 4 which is a completely different engine as the original ones. Also the rumored pricing of 60-70 bucks for the new trilogy would be insane, if we only get a ps2 graphical level.

• Like 1

Was there ever a physical release of these 3 games in one pack?

"It’s also coming to iOS and Android during the first half of 2022. "

Definitely can't be that good if they are being released on phones...

Edited by enaysoft

5 hours ago, westersburg said:

Probably. The achievement icons from the files within the rockstar launcher indicate that their will be more achievements while also keeping the original ones. At least 5-10 new achievements for each game.

I mean we have no clues for anything like that so far. I don't expect a gta5 level of graphics or even 2021 standard, but it should be at least on a level of gta4. The definitive edition will run (according to file leaks) on unreal engine 4 which is a completely different engine as the original ones. Also the rumored pricing of 60-70 bucks for the new trilogy would be insane, if we only get a ps2 graphical level.

i've seen some pretty convincing youtube videos from large creators that are massive gta fans, and they checked the official rockstar release feed and found a fair bit of compelling evidence that it would be a shite remaster. they weren't nessercarily shitting on 2k or rockstar, they were fans.. just that they knew not to get their hopes up.

I'd pay 50 quid for each of them if they looked and played like mafia definitive edition remaster, but they won't they're on unreal engine because it allows easy scalability esp for phones.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

i've seen some pretty convincing youtube videos from large creators that are massive gta fans, and they checked the official rockstar release feed and found a fair bit of compelling evidence that it would be a shite remaster. they weren't nessercarily shitting on 2k or rockstar, they were fans.. just that they knew not to get their hopes up.

I'd pay 50 quid for each of them if they looked and played like mafia definitive edition remaster, but they won't they're on unreal engine because it allows easy scalability esp for phones.

lol hate bait from youtubers.

Good thing you are such a good subservient to those guys and parrotting their opinions.

Edited by TJ_Solo
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, enaysoft said:

Was there ever a physical release of these 3 games in one pack?

There was for the PS2 and original Xbox, released in 2005.

I think the only physical release for any of these games on newer platforms was in 2014 when the mobile version of GTA San Andreas came to PS3 and Xbox 360 as @Lance_87 mentioned.

Edited by Marco

9 hours ago, westersburg said:

We do have industry precedent, developer precedents, and the sudden uptick in information all at once to go off of.

Bandai Namco released Dark Souls Remastered and removed legal access to Prepare to Die Edition, an arguably superior and more authentic experience, on PC, and it was a massive disappointment.

If these remasters were good enough on there own, that would imply that there'd be no good reason for a removal for the ports. If they're substantial enough of a difference that the upgrade is worth a purchase, this would be distinct content that couldn't be confused with the original.

We can also look at the quantity and arguable decline in quality for R* since the launch of the PS4.

There's plenty good argument for concern.

Edited by Moostache7
Typo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Lance_87 said:

Legal access? You mean it was simply delisted. It's still playable for owners.

Yes, sorry, should've been more specific.

I worded it that way because there are apparently still ways of acquiring it but I don't believe that discussion is appropriate here. Wanted to stay ahead of the "but my sister's cousin said you could still get it" comments.

On 10/8/2021 at 7:17 PM, SeniorRicketts said:

Those S.O.B.s could at least put them on sale before delisting them. goddamn T2...

Why? They don't owe anyone anything. If someone hasn't purchased them one of the 20 times they have been on sale (And still wants them) they will pay full price....knowing that it's their last chance to get them. 

Edited by DaivRules
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, Moostache7 said:

We do have industry precedent, developer precedents, and the sudden uptick in information all at once to go off of.

Bandai Namco released Dark Souls Remastered and removed legal access to Prepare to Die Edition, an arguably superior and more authentic experience, on PC, and it was a massive disappointment.

If these remasters were good enough on there own, that would imply that there'd be no good reason for a removal for the ports. If they're substantial enough of a difference that the upgrade is worth a purchase, this would be distinct content that couldn't be confused with the original.

We can also look at the quantity and arguable decline in quality for R* since the launch of the PS4.

There's plenty good argument for concern.

You could definitely be right on this one, but i think it can also confuse a lot of people if you have both versions available with the same name. I heared from a lot of cases where people bought the wrong "destroy all humans" since both versions are available in the store and even some people were thinking modern warfare remastered would be the newer title, even tho modern warfare (2019) came out 3 years later and is a completely other game.