The Trilogy will be removed

5 minutes ago, IntroPhenom said:

11 OCT has come and gone, but the trilogy is still up on psprices.  Haven't checked the actual store, though.

Yeah, I thought their quote: "Week of October 11th" they said would definitely not be on the 11th, but then it really is a guessing game as to when. I'm half expecting the 15th at 5 pm EST as the work week ends for whoever pulls the plug on these things.

• Like 1

me and my brother already bought the trilogy on the ps3, and then we bought again them on the ps4, this made me not interested in this new upcoming trilogy, this new remastered trilogy is kinda shady too they announce it and never shown any game play... I bet they'll gonna censor it head to toe, removed most of the music's due to expired licenses and they'll gonna released broken and bug ridden just like the HD mobile release of San Andreas on the ps3, PC and 360.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

aren't you a little attention seeker.

He always has been, he always will be.

But anyway, I don't care whether they remove old games or not (and I certainly wasn't going to buy these), but I often muse on the following: did you think that purchases of the old version would cannibalize purchases of the new ones? That seems weird; surely the newfangled version offers a significantly improved experience. 

If not, do you think gamers are just too stupid to realize the difference between the old version and the new, and purchase the old by mistake? That too seems weird (though, with my recent excursions on gamefaqs, maybe not as weird as you'd think).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, westersburg said:

You could definitely be right on this one, but i think it can also confuse a lot of people if you have both versions available with the same name. I heared from a lot of cases where people bought the wrong "destroy all humans" since both versions are available in the store and even some people were thinking modern warfare remastered would be the newer title, even tho modern warfare (2019) came out 3 years later and is a completely other game.

That would be on the consumer then to be mindful; anybody who didn't manage to grab these at the lower, more reasonable price, or who wanted an authentic or nostalgic experience, no longer even has a choice in the matter.

On 08/10/2021 at 11:00 PM, Desavenencia said:

Will we ever see the entire GTA saga remastered on a single PlayStation platform?

Grand Theft Auto, GTA London 1969/1961, GTA 2, GTA III, GTA Vice City, GTA San Andreas, GTA Advance, GTA Liberty City/Vice City Stories, GTA IV, GTA The Lost and Damned, GTA Chinatown Wars, GTA The Ballad of Gay Tony, GTA V, etc.

It would be great to see them all on PS5.

It is a crime that Chinatown Wars hasn’t been remastered for the PS Vita, or consoles in general.

22 hours ago, Moostache7 said:

We do have industry precedent, developer precedents, and the sudden uptick in information all at once to go off of.

Bandai Namco released Dark Souls Remastered and removed legal access to Prepare to Die Edition, an arguably superior and more authentic experience, on PC, and it was a massive disappointment.

If these remasters were good enough on there own, that would imply that there'd be no good reason for a removal for the ports. If they're substantial enough of a difference that the upgrade is worth a purchase, this would be distinct content that couldn't be confused with the original.

We can also look at the quantity and arguable decline in quality for R* since the launch of the PS4.

There's plenty good argument for concern.

Dark Souls Remastered was a massive disappointment?

The jump from the PS3 game where Blighttown ran at 15 frames per second, to the silky smooth remaster running at 60FPS, was absolutely massive. They also added bonfires and a password system that actually works this time.

I don’t know what you were expecting, but I got exactly what I was anticipating. The definitive way to play Dark Souls on console.

I cannot speak for PC players though.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, LoveInHell said:

Wouldn't it seem logical that the new version will be much more expensive than the old trilogy? :/

maybe thats the reason for deleting. og trilogy is cheaper, so players would choose cheaper og version over definitive version

funny, that this ps2 emulated trilogy was already too costly, tbh. i would like to have some extra plats in those classics, but rockstar just lost their minds with greed...

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, arcanehornet_ said:

The jump from the PS3 game where Blighttown ran at 15 frames per second, to the silky smooth remaster running at 60FPS, was absolutely massive. They also added bonfires and a password system that actually works this time.

I don’t know what you were expecting, but I got exactly what I was anticipating. The definitive way to play Dark Souls on console.

I cannot speak for PC players though.

I played DSR a few months ago after playing the original PS3 version a few years back, and I certainly appreciated the changes. It seems like a lot of people had unrealistic expectations for DSR, like it was going to have a bunch of new content or updates or something along those lines. I’m not really sure why.

The changes they did make are seemingly minor, but actually made a big difference. The 60FPS really enhanced the overall experience, as did the dedicated PvP servers and some of the minor quality of life stuff like, like being able to switch covenants at bonfires, password matchmaking for private games, phantoms being able to heal themselves in co-op etc.

Honestly I think the entire point of even bothering with remastering the game was simply to bring it to modern platforms so the large number of players whose entry point in the Soulsborne series was with the modern games (DS3, Bloodborne etc.) would have a chance to experience the original game that kicked it all off. It wasn’t supposed to be anything fancy.

• Like 2

damn, sad news. I just need the grand theft auto 3, I can still find it in the store though. I need to buy it as soon as possible so I want the entire platinum trilogy. 

On 11.10.2021 at 9:06 AM, StanPortrBridges said:

No they didn't, it's always been $35 for the bundle or $15 for each game separately. They've been consistently on sale nearly ever other sale for years. You had 5+ years to get these games, which were poor ports anyway.

Well, I was referring to the price on the Polish PlayStation Store. I assumed there was a price increase in other regions as well. According to PSPrices Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy has never cost more than 144 PLN since its release, and now its price is 159 PLN. It's not a huge difference, but the fact alone is annoying, especially since it happened right before delisting.

https://psprices.com/region-pl/game/127363/grand-theft-auto-the-trilogy

• Like 1

5 hours ago, arcanehornet_ said:

Many people considered it to be, yes. It was just a port with lower quality lighting, upscaled as opposed to remade textures (making them look incredibly blurry if you got too close), particle effect glitches, and little to no bug fixes. It was very similar to the issues people had with the Devil May Cry Collection, wherein it wasn't authentic to the PS2 experience since the visual quality was actually poorer in most areas.

The alleged FPS drop at particular areas on the original hardware was easily fixed by going into your PS3's settings and disabling Smoothing and keeping fewer games on your harddrive. Anyone who has 100% on Skyrim on this website should already know how that works. Regardless, I was referencing the PC release of Dark Souls, specifically the business decision to remove the PtD Edition and how that impacted players. The two versions aren't compatible with each other, meaning if your friend buys it then so do you. I won't describe the negative impact this had on the modding community because I expect the response here would be that games aren't supposed to modded or something, but the problem here is the elimination of choice for the consumer. What is identical between these two scenarios is that the newer release is more expensive. Until we see what the product actually runs like, that's a cause for concern that there's no going back for anyone who doesn't already have these titles.

On 08/10/2021 at 10:00 PM, Desavenencia said:

Will we ever see the entire GTA saga remastered on a single PlayStation platform?

Grand Theft Auto, GTA London 1969/1961, GTA 2, GTA III, GTA Vice City, GTA San Andreas, GTA Advance, GTA Liberty City/Vice City Stories, GTA IV, GTA The Lost and Damned, GTA Chinatown Wars, GTA The Ballad of Gay Tony, GTA V, etc.

It would be great to see them all on PS5.

Would it though?

A dozen or more entries from the same series, all in one place? 

Bleugh.  No thanks.  Personally, I wouldn't buy any of them.

22 minutes ago, StewartBros said:

Would it though?

A dozen or more entries from the same series, all in one place? 

Bleugh.  No thanks.  Personally, I wouldn't buy any of them.

The first few GTA titles I wouldn't consider to be good in any way shape or form. But I honestly think the PSP GTA games along with GTA IV deserve a much needed re-release. I don't think anyone wants to play GTA IV on the old PS3 at this point, nor do I think it should just be left on PS Now. Re-releasing GTA IV with 4K resolution and 60 FPS would be fantastic, but I doubt it will happen.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, xh117 said:

I was planning a vice city playthrough but now Idk if I should wait for the new remaster. I wish they showed a bit of gameplay. They should have remastered GTA IV instead so it's not left behind on ps3.

man i bought them yesterday, my reason was because the "modern" age of fool people getting offended for things, i was afraid if they decide to remove, characters, missions to not offend people that doesn't play the games... i mean Rockstar doesn't care about that but we can't know right now, so it was one of my reasons, and if the remasters sucks atleast i have the originals,

• Like 3

For anyone that was still deciding whether or not to buy the classic games before they were delisted, it seems that they're in the process of being removed today:

Since this tweet they seem to have been removed in Russia and I expect by the end of the day will be gone everywhere.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, LoveInHell said:

I'm kinda surprised no one seems bothered by it? (on the first page) They're deleting their older games so people buy the new upcoming games. What the fuck?

Previously they removed digital PS2 San Andreas from PS Store, as well as OG Xbox version, when controversial mobile-to-consoles port was released. There's nothing new here.

20 hours ago, Voland44 said:

funny, that this ps2 emulated trilogy was already too costly, tbh. i would like to have some extra plats in those classics, but rockstar just lost their minds with greed...

Funny, that someone finds $5-6 for classic AAA game to be too costly, but blames greed on the publisher.

• Like 2

They are still up in NA for some reason.

I can imagine customers would be pissed if they buy this version now not knowing a better version is coming out.

Or how about those who buy it even after the new version gets released not knowing there was a cruddy PS2 port and thinking they were getting the remastered version.

To avoid confusion, it is better they remove these old versions.  Or at a minimum, put up huge disclaimers lol.  Too easily to confuse the two if not.

Edited by djb5f
  • Like 2