The Trilogy will be removed

On 12/10/2021 at 8:23 PM, arcanehornet_ said:

It is a crime that Chinatown Wars hasn’t been remastered for the PS Vita, or consoles in general.

On 13/10/2021 at 2:25 AM, StewartBros said:

Would it though?

A dozen or more entries from the same series, all in one place? 

Bleugh.  No thanks.  Personally, I wouldn't buy any of them.

On 13/10/2021 at 2:49 AM, AJ_Radio said:

The first few GTA titles I wouldn't consider to be good in any way shape or form. But I honestly think the PSP GTA games along with GTA IV deserve a much needed re-release. I don't think anyone wants to play GTA IV on the old PS3 at this point, nor do I think it should just be left on PS Now. Re-releasing GTA IV with 4K resolution and 60 FPS would be fantastic, but I doubt it will happen.

Rockstar can also do something similar to what was done with Zone of the Enders HD Collection. A single launcher containing all the titles in the series, each with its own independent trophy list.

That way you wouldn't have to bother buying them separately and you could always choose to play whatever you wanted.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Desavenencia said:

Rockstar can also do something similar to what was done with Zone of the Enders HD Collection. A single launcher containing all the titles in the series, each with its own independent trophy list.

That way you wouldn't have to bother buying them separately and you could always choose to play whatever you wanted.

Weren't they also released separately? I bought the HD Collection and have ZOE1 from Plus, too.

On 10/13/2021 at 9:11 PM, Johnno87 said:

You can still buy them on PS3 :)

Yea but the PS3 versions don't have trophies. I didn't know this and I bought GTA III (the PS2 Classics version). 

Anyways, they took 'em down in Italy (talking about the PS4 versions). 

1 hour ago, BlueFoxYOT said:

I MISSED IT I HOPE THEY SHARE THE SAME TROPHY LIST

Nope, they're coming with new lists and additional trophies.

The icons got leaked:

https://mobile.twitter.com/GTASeries/status/1445468345042497541

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 13.10.2021 at 6:47 PM, Se7en said:

Funny, that someone finds $5-6 for classic AAA game to be too costly, but blames greed on the publisher.

Funny, that someone thinks that every country have USA prices(and salary lol)

to be clear, in my country GTA Trilogy even with 50% off - actually costs as 1/3 of new AAA game. Regional pricing rarely logical, but here they gone wild for sure

Edited by Voland44
  • Like 3

21 hours ago, Voland44 said:

Funny, that someone thinks that every country have USA prices(and salary lol)

to be clear, in my country GTA Trilogy even with 50% off - actually costs as 1/3 of new AAA game. Regional pricing rarely logical, but here they gone wild for sure

Funny, that I haven’t said anything about USA or your salary. Just converted Russian PS Store price into USD based on average ruble exchange rate.

And to be clear, I knew exactly how much GTA Trilogy cost in Russia and how many times it was on sale with 60% off which is around 1/4 of a new release price in the region. Also, three AAA classics for a fourth of what a new game costs is a bargain, should’ve bought it there and then instead of waiting for even bigger discount and eventually blaming greed on the publisher, lol.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2021 at 3:33 PM, N1NJ4_V4MP1R3 said:

I’m guessing the Remasters will be pretty low effort if they are worried about having the originals available on the store at the same time

I would say to mark your words because you seem to have traveled time and say exactly what's happening right now. 

While I can support all the panning that remasters are getting, you truly nailed the very core reason for the delisting. Thankfully I got them long ago, and seeing all the treatment they are getting by the fandom indeed is unforgiving and with reason. 

• Like 2

On 09.11.2021 at 0:07 AM, Se7en said:

Just converted Russian PS Store price into USD based on average ruble exchange rate.

Thats why you know nothing about regional pricing and economy in different countires.

Firstly, 66% was only certain period. Secondly, even 1/4 price of fullprice AAA game for EMULATED(not even simpliest ports) PS2 games, are no way justified price tag. There much better ports and even for lower price.

In any way, removing those versions from purchase for new remasters release, still greedy move. I cant understand whats the point of defending Rockstars. Esp. consindering how awful those new fullpriced remasters, that i wouldnt play even for free...

6 hours ago, kevao97 said:

removing the original trilogy was a stupid and bad decision.

For players? Yeah. For Cockstars? Actually thats smart and good decision for them. Just like banning modifications, lol.

11 hours ago, Voland44 said:

Thats why you know nothing about regional pricing and economy in different countires.

Why do you keep inventing arguments I didn’t make? I never claimed anything about “regional pricing and economy in different countries”.

You were wrong about price tag for the games in your own country (which PS Store I also use as my primary btw), so I corrected your false statement.

Firstly, 66% was only certain period.

Sure, like with any sale. I even can understand being frugal and keeping waiting for bigger discount.

It’s blaming the greed on someone else because of you not buying heavily discounted titles during multiple occasions throughout years that makes it funny.

Secondly, even 1/4 price of fullprice AAA game for EMULATED(not even simpliest ports) PS2 games, are no way justified price tag. There much better ports and even for lower price.

Agree to disagree, I think 3 classic masterpieces for 1/4 price of a new release is a great deal.

As for “much better ports and even for lower price” care to list a few of them?

In any way, removing those versions from purchase for new remasters release, still greedy move. I cant understand whats the point of defending Rockstars.

You can’t understand because I’m not defending it. Removing the classic Trilogy from stores is a totally different beast, and—yes—it was a bad decision for everybody.

Edited by Se7en

12 hours ago, Se7en said:

Why do you keep inventing arguments I didn’t make? I never claimed anything about “regional pricing and economy in different countries”.

You were wrong about price tag for the games in your own country (which PS Store I also use as my primary btw), so I corrected your false statement.

Sure, like with any sale. I even can understand being frugal and keeping waiting for bigger discount.

It’s blaming the greed on someone else because of you not buying heavily discounted titles during multiple occasions throughout years that makes it funny.

Agree to disagree, I think 3 classic masterpieces for 1/4 price of a new release is a great deal.

As for “much better ports and even for lower price” care to list a few of them?

You can’t understand because I’m not defending it. Removing the classic Trilogy from stores is a totally different beast, and—yes—it was a bad decision for everybody.

Cus you acting like 15$ not a big deal. But that DEPENDS cus prices hit different in different countries

Like other sale? Other sales are still "on sale" though. But GTA Trilogy never will goes on sales. Also, sales usally not jumping from 66% to 50% and 33%. Usally it works "upwards" you know...

Wait what? You crashed into conversation  judging ports prices actually know NOTHING about them? Care to google what pastgen games ported on PS3/PS4, then? So you could check how other ports goes on sale, and so you can finally see why those PS2 emulated Trilogy price is not justified.

Its not different beast cus this conversation started BECAUSE of this removing. Cus otherwise i would continue to wait for max sale. But i guess you know nothing about "max sale", yeah? Since game prices for you not a big deal in first place.

TL;DR

1) next time when you gonna call somebody "cheap", i hope you will remember that you shouldnt judge prices for other ppl by YOUR standards. again, game prices in your country hit you differently than game prices in other countries hit those people

2) i hope you make some "reserach"(lol) this time, and now see why this GTA Trilogy not justify such pricing in COMPARISON with other ports/remasters pricing with sales. hell, i wouldnt even wait for sale if GTA Trilogy get treatment like many other PS2 Classics like GOW, MGS, FF, Okami and etc

Edited by Voland44
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Voland44 said:

Cus you acting like 15$ not a big deal. But that DEPENDS cus prices hit different in different countries

We’re literally in the SAME country. What other excuses have you got?

14 hours ago, Voland44 said:

Also, sales usally not jumping from 66% to 50% and 33%. Usally it works "upwards" you know...

I know. That is why I could safely presume you were waiting for 75–80% discount. Desire to save additionally a fortune of ~$7.5 is completely understandable.

14 hours ago, Voland44 said:

Wait what? You crashed into conversation  judging ports prices actually know NOTHING about them? Care to google what pastgen games ported on PS3/PS4, then? So you could check how other ports goes on sale, and so you can finally see why those PS2 emulated Trilogy price is not justified.

Instead of answering simple question what games do you consider “much better” than three AAA titles that account for half of the top-6 best PS2 games of all times, you are again inventing what I do or don’t know, bravo. Excellent pivoting skills :D

TL;DR

Constantly waiting for desirable “max sale”, there is always a chance of never getting it. Tough luck with classic GTA Trilogy, but grow a pair.

4 hours ago, Se7en said:

We’re literally in the SAME country. What other excuses have you got?

this is a fact, not an excuse. if 1200rub is not a big deal, where average salary is ~40k rub... well, good for you

4 hours ago, Se7en said:

Desire to save additionally a fortune of ~$7.5 is completely understandable.

you still not get it? its not about "saving money", its all about justified price. im literally said that i even would buy it without sale, but i guess reading not "big deal" for you either?

4 hours ago, Se7en said:

Instead of answering simple question what games do you consider “much better”

yeah, reading clearly not "big deal" for you, since im mentioned some PS2 ports, as well

4 hours ago, Se7en said:

Constantly waiting for desirable “max sale”, there is always a chance of never getting it. Tough luck with classic GTA Trilogy, but grow a pair.

you right. there always a chance. but thats not an excuse for calling me cheap, when i claim that GTA Trilogy had greedy pricing for half assed job.