The Trilogy will be removed

16 hours ago, Voland44 said:

this is a fact, not an excuse. if 1200rub is not a big deal, where average salary is ~40k rub... well, good for you

In fact, it was 1000 rubles, there’s no reason to overblow things. Secondly, why do you keep bringing up average salary?

16 hours ago, Voland44 said:

im literally said that i even would buy it without sale

You literally said:

On 12.10.2021 at 9:34 PM, Voland44 said:

funny, that this ps2 emulated trilogy was already too costly, tbh. i would like to have some extra plats in those classics, but rockstar just lost their minds with greed...

If I misread that and the last “lost their minds” part was not about the price of classic GTA Trilogy you were talking before, but about the fact of delisting it to make way for the new defective edition, I apologize.

5 hours ago, Se7en said:

In fact, it was 1000 rubles, there’s no reason to overblow things. Secondly, why do you keep bringing up average salary?

that was only certain period of time... later it goes 1.2k only. doesnt matter though. im bringing average salary cus this is basically shows economy of country. thats why im saying that 1k is still "matters" in russia, even if for you thats not a big deal

5 hours ago, Se7en said:

If I misread that and the last “lost their minds” part was not about the price of classic GTA Trilogy you were talking before, but about the fact of delisting it to make way for the new defective edition, I apologize.

that was both. 

as i said, "ps2 emulated trilogy was already too costly, tbh". again, if that would be proper port of GTA Trilogy, and not just basic emulation, that price would be justified. lets just say, i was spoiled with majority of good PS2 ports during PS3 era. such a missed opportunity for Rockstar classics, real shame. mostly cus there so much PS2 games didnt make way on PC like GTA Stories, RD Revolver and Warriors. at least PC ports was fixed by fans. 

18 hours ago, Voland44 said:

im bringing average salary cus this is basically shows economy of country. thats why im saying that 1k is still "matters" in russia, even if for you thats not a big deal

It’s kinda pointless for our discussion of yours and mine individual opinions about justifiable pricing of games. Like bringing up average temperature in a hospital.

Yes, I didn’t find paying less than 350 rub or $5 for an iconic PS2 game such a big deal. You evidently did. On the other hand, hell no I’m spending full price on something like Far Cry 6 which is already discounted 30% in just a month after its release (does it really that desperately need boosting up sales? :huh: ). To each his own.

20 hours ago, Voland44 said:

again, if that would be proper port of GTA Trilogy, and not just basic emulation, that price would be justified. lets just say, i was spoiled with majority of good PS2 ports during PS3 era. such a missed opportunity for Rockstar classics, real shame.

Actually, a part of me is glad we could still experience these classics as PS2 originals through emulation on PS4, and Rockstar missed the opportunity to botch them up from the beginning with outsourced mobile ports like San Andreas on PS3/360 or the recent Trilogy remasters.

8 hours ago, Se7en said:

It’s kinda pointless for our discussion of yours and mine individual opinions about justifiable pricing of games. Like bringing up average temperature in a hospital.

when im pointing out that there cold in this room. and you(from another room) just trying making fun of me acting like thats not a big deal. so thats not really pointless to point out that in different rooms, could be different temperature

8 hours ago, Se7en said:

Yes, I didn’t find paying less than 350 rub or $5 for an iconic PS2 game such a big deal

correction. its not about being PS2 game but about how it was represented. again, for me, 350-500rub is justified for proper PS2 port not just basic emulation. and you also probably missed part, that i wanted to buy them only for for extra plats in beloved games. i can play fixed pc ports of them just fine.

8 hours ago, Se7en said:

hell no I’m spending full price on something like Far Cry 6 which is already discounted 30% in just a month after its release (does it really that desperately need boosting up sales?

20% for gold edition, though. and its almost two months, also.

anyway, if you like * put anything here *, why not? basically every game goes on sale in months, so you buying something fullprice only when you WANT this day one. 

also, in terms of Far Cry, im usally playing openworld games for months or even for years. so, there no reason for me to hold it off. also i dont need to wait new Far Cry for 10 years, like some GTA6

8 hours ago, Se7en said:

Actually, a part of me is glad we could still experience these classics as PS2 originals through emulation on PS4, and Rockstar missed the opportunity to botch them up from the beginning with outsourced mobile ports like San Andreas on PS3/360 or the recent Trilogy remasters.

if you dont have option to play them on pc - sure. remasters messed too much with original visuals. probably worst remaster i ever saw... even if it would be free, no way i would play this "Disgusting Edition" even for extra plats in beloved games. guess i wouldnt have ANY plats in GTA Trilogy... irony.

Edited by Voland44

13 hours ago, Voland44 said:

when im pointing out that there cold in this room. and you(from another room) just trying making fun of me acting like thats not a big deal. so thats not really pointless to point out that in different rooms, could be different temperature

Except in your analogy we are in the same room. Just react differently to the same temperature.

20% for gold edition, though.

Yeah, and the difference is still around 1350 rub—enough for purchasing trilogy when it was on sale, right?

if you dont have option to play them on pc - sure.

I do have. As well as on PS2. It’s just the question of convenience (PS4 vs PS2) and trophies (PS4 vs Steam), of course, since we are on trophy hunting site.

10 hours ago, Se7en said:

Except in your analogy we are in the same room. Just react differently to the same temperature.

you said about that later, though. so yeah, you turned this into personal beliefs and this point doesnt matter in such regard, of course

10 hours ago, Se7en said:

Yeah, and the difference is still around 1350 rub—enough for purchasing trilogy when it was on sale, right?

whats the point of comparing pricing of two different products? its like if im said "nah, those old slippers are low quality and doesnt justify their price" and you come up with "but those slippers are iconic and you buyed new sneakers at 6x higher cost". and im already explained why buying FC6 at fullprice were justified for me.

Edited by Voland44

whats the point of comparing pricing of two different products? its like if im said "nah, those old slippers are low quality and doesnt justify their price" and you come up with "but those slippers are iconic and you buyed new sneakers at 6x higher cost". and im already explained why buying FC6 at fullprice were justified for me.

The point is to illustrate the reason you didn’t purchase classic GTA Trilogy. It’s neither because for an average wage worker “1k is still "matters" in russia (sic)”, nor because 1k is somehow a big deal for you personally, as you’ve confirmed to be okay with overpaying even more money for something that you want. So with regard to classic GTA Trilogy you just didn’t want it, simple as that.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s still solely R*/T2 fault for delisting it, very poor decision for sure. But not buying it during 29 sales in 5+ years is on you.

And as for “new vs old” argument, we’ve been there already, haven’t we?

Spoiler

Yes, the former is a day one release and the latter is heavily discounted port of classic PS2 game. Hence the difference in price between $60 and $5 (which is 12 times, btw). Yet apart from mentioning some HD editions, which are essentially PS3 remasters, you haven’t named a single PS2-to-PS4 port that in your own words falls into category of

On 20.11.2021 at 3:13 PM, Voland44 said:

much better ports and even for lower price

On 26.11.2021 at 7:50 AM, Se7en said:

Yet apart from mentioning some HD editions, which are essentially PS3 remasters, you haven’t named a single PS2-to-PS4 port

it doesnt matter if you or anyone choose to call those PS3 HD editions "remasters". they still are "good quality ports" first of all. and what with PS4 again? there were some but they basically ports of PS3 HD editions. like FF/DMC/RE/Okami and etc. well, maybe there were some latecomer like Onimusha

remastering also could mean:

1)heavily upgraded old engine altering graphics. like many PS4 remasters of PS3 era(AC3 or SR3 for instance) or this GTA Trilogy Definitive for example. on the contrary PS3-PS4 era TLOU, GOW3 and Uncharted were exception and didnt upgrading engine altering graphics, so they more like "good quality ports" than remasters, as well

2)even completely new engine(MW1-2, Demons Souls, etc) with original gameplay.

TL;DR

that being said PS3 HD Editions wasnt really upgrade original engines altering graphics - so they more like "good quality ports" than "remasters"

On 26.11.2021 at 7:50 AM, Se7en said:

So with regard to classic GTA Trilogy you just didn’t want it, simple as that.

yes, i didnt want(unless with big enough discount) to buy that GTA Trilogy cus being basic PS2 emulation and not quality port. do i REALLY need to repeat that 10 times more?