Tank Ace trophy

TommyG-LT

***Edited. Answering my own question.***

After a couple of days playing this great game, I found the best way to farm vehicle kills. 

•First of all make sure the game mode is Warfare. (*Doesn't work in Offensive)

•Choose armor squad and pick Tank commander or Crewman role. 

•Check the map if there's any free tanks available. If not you can swap to Commander role (available from lvl10) and spawn one yourself. 

•Once you have a tank, you'll need to drive to the other side of the map to enemy's HQ. Pick the one that's far away from the action, depending of the map and random active objectives. 

•Park your tank so you can see enemy's vehicles spawning and start farming. Be patient.  Destroyed vehicles take about 3-4min. to respawn in this mode, unless the Commander from their team spawns them more often. 

Got 31 vehicles in 1:30h with this strategy. 

***Obviously, due to this game being online multiplayer, a lot of random stuff can happen depending on other players. 

Edited by TommyG-LT
Tips
  • Like 1

So people saying to destroy unmanned enemy vehicles and this doesn't work for me does the vehicle have to be running?  I snuck all the way back to enemy hq and hit a transport with two rockets and no kill.  It caught fire and then the fire went out and it looked brand new.  Also how many damn rockets does it take to destroy a tank.  I hit two tank in the ass each twice with the big rocket with the anti tank class.  It was the medium tank and no kill.  This is bullshit.  Why have a anti tank class if the weaponry can't even destroy the fucking tank?  What is the tank weak spot?

On 10/8/2021 at 4:28 PM, TommyG-LT said:

Got 31 vehicles in 1:30h with this strategy. 

This just crushed my whole day. I got 30 kills today... as anti tank footmen... over SEVEN HOURS. SAME STRAT, I just ran across the map every time, killed 2 trucks with the Bazooka and redeployed.

Tomorrow I'll have to do your tank strat, I thought about trying that today but I felt a tank would be too easily spotted and I'd get nothing done. If you got 31 in 1:30hr then I can basically just finish this tomorrow given my free time.

Question: Did you use the fast small recon tanks? I can't imagine you'd make it across the map with anything bigger. Also did you have to keep swapping seats once you parked yourself? Or was just being in the gunner seat and moving the cannon enough to avoid being kicked for idling?

10 minutes ago, Skurkitty said:

This just crushed my whole day. I got 30 kills today... as anti tank footmen... over SEVEN HOURS. SAME STRAT, I just ran across the map every time, killed 2 trucks with the Bazooka and redeployed.

Tomorrow I'll have to do your tank strat, I thought about trying that today but I felt a tank would be too easily spotted and I'd get nothing done. If you got 31 in 1:30hr then I can basically just finish this tomorrow given my free time.

Question: Did you use the fast small recon tanks? I can't imagine you'd make it across the map with anything bigger. Also did you have to keep swapping seats once you parked yourself? Or was just being in the gunner seat and moving the cannon enough to avoid being kicked for idling?

do the trucks gotta be running like with the ignition on for them to count??????

5 minutes ago, steel6burgh said:

do the trucks gotta be running like with the ignition on for them to count??????

No. As long as it's an enemy vehicle it doesn't matter if it's on, if it's moved, or if someone's in it. You can blow them up the second they spawn, just a matter of getting to their spawn base.

12 minutes ago, Skurkitty said:

No. As long as it's an enemy vehicle it doesn't matter if it's on, if it's moved, or if someone's in it. You can blow them up the second they spawn, just a matter of getting to their spawn base.

yep just got two sneaking over i have no idea why it didn't blow up the 1st two times I tried.  But working now!  Thanks!

2 hours ago, Skurkitty said:

I used the German heavy tank in Foy map, right hand side enemy HQ. There was 2 vehicles (a tank and a truck) spawning every few mins. 

Just parked the tank, turned off the engine and switched seats to the cannon. 

There was some people spawning there, but I just destroyed vehicles. 

Did it once and now set for the whole game, getting a couple of vehicles every match will be enough. 

For tanks you need to use AT shells (otherwise they won't blow up), for anything else HE works too. 

6 hours ago, steel6burgh said:

So people saying to destroy unmanned enemy vehicles and this doesn't work for me does the vehicle have to be running?  I snuck all the way back to enemy hq and hit a transport with two rockets and no kill.  It caught fire and then the fire went out and it looked brand new.  Also how many damn rockets does it take to destroy a tank.  I hit two tank in the ass each twice with the big rocket with the anti tank class.  It was the medium tank and no kill.  This is bullshit.  Why have a anti tank class if the weaponry can't even destroy the fucking tank?  What is the tank weak spot?

The enemy vehicle does not have to be running. Make sure to check whether the vehicle is enemy or not as well. American/Allies vehicles usually have white stars on the side or some English text.

When destroying a "normal" vehicle like the supply truck or transport truck, aim for the engine at the front and you should be able to one shot it.

If you want to destroy a tank, you have to remember the many weak points. You should be able to destroy most tanks with two shots to the rear exhaust pipes. Your shot has to be right on, so aim in the middle of the two exhaust pipes. Another notable weak point one of the tank classes I noticed was the two rolls of something on the right side. I don't know which tank this is, but if you hit it twice with the panzer/bazooka you should be able to destroy it. Those are the only weak points I know, but I'm sure you could find more in some youtube video.

In my experience, the "driving a tank to the enemy hq" method worked best for me, much faster than using anti-tank role. I used a recon vehicle because it was much faster than the tanks, and still powerful enough to destroy the vehicles.

• Like 1

Just got Tank Ace, can confirm the method above is the fastest. Find any warfare map, use the recon tank and drive it to the enemy base, preferably the side away from the battle.Then just shoot truck/tanks every 5 minutes, you can get 2 vehicles per 5 minutes that way. probably best to enjoy the game every once in awhile cause it’s so tedious, and be opportunistic, There’s a couple of times where I blow up enemy trucks where my teammates are hiding under, felt like an asshole but every vehicle counts :D 

• Like 3

• 2 years later...

I'm trying to enter empty servers in far away timezones to get this achievement done, but keep getting offensive maps only. No warfare maps to be seen.

Is this method still doable?

[Edit: I was unable to find empty Warfare servers but it is possible to farm vehicles in Offensive mode too — just cap first three bases and you are good to go.]

Edited by Matekki
Update