Thoughts on the trophies.

snakebit10

It will be nice to play through this series again. The original trophy list was a pain because of "dedication" and "tooled up" if it glitched on you...

6 minutes ago, kidson2004 said:

It’s the same on the PS3. Minus the MP (which wasn’t hard to do imho) this’ll be much easier to do than the PS3 version. I’ll wait for a steep sales price for this. They really missed out on an opportunity to bring people back to the MP. It was so much fun. 

...but like Kidson said, the MP was so much fun. I remember a map on the top of a building, I still remember those corridors on the lower area. The town hall too...

28 minutes ago, Stan Lee said:

Was hoping they would add some more trophies in lieu of MP but I guess not. At least I'll be able to say I have the platinum for Crysis 2 some day

Like the Modern Warfare 2 remaster did. They removed the Spec Ops but replaced those trophies with new Single player trophies.

• Like 1

So, no online trophies (they unobtainable on ps3 anyway). That means I can platinum the game pretty much now but it has to be on PS4. I hope anyone who is doing the 360 version who is doing the original version just get through it sooner than later and grab the 1000G. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, kidson2004 said:

It’s the same on the PS3. Minus the MP (which wasn’t hard to do imho) this’ll be much easier to do than the PS3 version. I’ll wait for a steep sales price for this. They really missed out on an opportunity to bring people back to the MP. It was so much fun. 

I agree completely. I got Crysis 2 via ps+ and enjoyed the multiplayer so much that I preordered the 3rd game at full price. I’d have been tempted to stump full price up for the multiplayer, hell they could have put a shared multiplayer across 2 and 3! Sadly, without the multiplayer, I’m in no rush to play through a single player I’ve already played. I’ll keep working on my current backlog and wait for a heavy price reduction on this. 

• Like 1

On 9/10/2021 at 0:31 AM, snakebit10 said:

Without the MP how difficult will this be? How hard is Supersoldier difficulty?

I only played the first one on PS3 and only a few parts were kind of tricky going for the platinum.

Supersoldier it is hard in some point of the game, in the last part of the game can be brutal.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FlareZero said:

Supersoldier it is hard in some point of the game, in the last part of the game can be brutal.

Ok. That don't sound to bad. It's been 9 years since I played the first game and I remember a couple tough parts on the hardest setting on that. The last boss gave me some trouble in it.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Honestly 2 is probably the easiest of the 3 because a lot of the firefights can be skipped and unlike 1 and 3 theres no real final boss(its been a while i could forget) and theres much less mandatory killing and in the worst case scenario you can just hide until the enemies lost thier alert.

• 4 weeks later...
On 09/10/2021 at 10:47 AM, CB7Tuner91 said:

So glad the mp trophies are gone. 

That's the only reason I bought this trilogy : no MP. On xbox360, we all got disconnected from their shitty server during one game, yet I received the XP to get to lvl 40 but not the weapon/perk for that level. I even went up to lvl 50 and got the related achievement though I was still missing the weapon for lvl 40 and couldn't get achievement for unlocking all weapons. The only solution was to reboot and restart from scratch with no guarantee this would happen again nor reward me with the missing weapon. When a trophy glitched and it's related to online servers, you can't back up your save or anything you are just screwed. Couldn't ever get the 100% achievements because of one of the many server crashes in the game. Taught me to avoid MP achievements/trophies cause it's not related to skills, it is rarely fixed by a patch and if so, few months/ years later and most of MP trophies are boosted by the trophy hunters so they really mean nothing.

Thanks to this, I can replay Crysis 2 which was a decent solo experience, without thinking too much of how terrible their network used to be.

Edited by Spike_Hostile17
  • Like 1