TownGo Master Trophy - why has it not popped?

PotrikBerger

Ive got all gold medals for all missions in the shop, city and school missions and have the respective trophies for each. Ive just popped the 100% skills trophy whilst in my legend run for the final trophy, but the TownGo Master Trophy hasnt popped? What is happening here does anyone know?

Was i Supposed to get all the skills before starting the legend difficulty run? I fear its something to do with this, but not sure what i need to do now to get the game to realise ive already done everything. Will i need to unlock all school missions again in the legend run difficulty or something? Even though when looking at the TownGo app it says school missions are 100% complete already?

Thanks dude - I have all the skills, but are you saying i needed to get all the skills unlocked before starting legend run?

Can i get this to pop by just opening up the school mission routes in legend difficulty do you know? I dont really wanna grind xp in premium adventure with no missions left to do, that sounds way more boring than just doing a few school missions in legend run. But  i dont wanna waste time unlocking the school missions if this wont work in legend run to make it pop.

If anyone in the know can confirm?

Thanks for your reply (ies), much appreciated

36 minutes ago, PotrikBerger said:

Thanks dude - I have all the skills, but are you saying i needed to get all the skills unlocked before starting legend run?

Can i get this to pop by just opening up the school mission routes in legend difficulty do you know? I dont really wanna grind xp in premium adventure with no missions left to do, that sounds way more boring than just doing a few school missions in legend run. But  i dont wanna waste time unlocking the school missions if this wont work in legend run to make it pop.

If anyone in the know can confirm?

Thanks for your reply (ies), much appreciated

Grinding XP isn't terrible in this game, you can easily get minimum 3k sp each encounter even without sp boosting items. The person who replied before me made a great guide on it earlier:

but as long as you have all the skill books necessary I think you're good to carry over to legendary and get the sp there. you get at least 500k sp just from the story alone so you probably wouldn't even need to do side stuff.

Of course make sure to double check to see if your stuff has carried over. If not, the grind is really not as bad as you think.

Thanks guys but i think something keeps getting missed.

I have all the skill books, Ive unlocked the skills 100% already, i have tens of thousands of xp as i have nothing left to spend it on. The 100% skills trophy has popped.

My issue is that the TownGo trophy hasnt popped despite having all the skills, all the school missions, all the city missions and all the shop missions completed

1 hour ago, PotrikBerger said:

Thanks guys but i think something keeps getting missed.

I have all the skill books, Ive unlocked the skills 100% already, i have tens of thousands of xp as i have nothing left to spend it on. The 100% skills trophy has popped.

My issue is that the TownGo trophy hasnt popped despite having all the skills, all the school missions, all the city missions and all the shop missions completed

Have you done all the school missions too? If you look at the TownGo App it should immediately say what percentage you are on overall, if you've started Legend already the substories and school stories won't be completed, that's why it's important to get the 100% on your first playthrough or you'll need to do all substories again on Legend

ok - I'm on legend difficulty run now

I completed all of the school missions, all of the shop missions and all of the city missions in my first run, before completing the game the first time and before starting legend run.

Right now I am on last mission of the game on legend run. I completed 100% of the skills early on in my legend run.

i was expecting the TownGo Master trophy to pop when the 100% skills completion trophy popped - it didnt.

So right this moment I am on legend run, with school, city and shop missions completed, all skills completed but app says 96.6% complete. Ive unlocked the school missions up to the biker gang currently (in legend run) but the percentage in the Go App is not increasing. 

When you say substories do you mean the school missions? Because im doing them in legend run but the percentage is not increasing.

Ultimately are we saying that the only way i am going to get the TownGo Master trophy is load back up clear save and grind xp in a world with no missions left??

If so, i may just have to stop after legend is done. I cannot abide grinding. Just fighting the same fights over and over and over for incremental xp increase. There should be a ban on games requiring this - to my mind there is no bigger waste of time that actively feels like wasting time whilst you are doing it. Its absolute tedium, never a challenge and I just hate it. So i was trying to find any other way of getting this trophy to pop during legend run without having to just walk around in premium adventure grinding the same fight over and over?

But i cant seem to work out what the game wants from me in legend run, as im working through the school stories and the 96.6% of Go App is not increasing.

Thanks so much for your replies, it is appreciated. I didnt mean to moan off. but i really hate grinding. more than happy to pass a platinum to not have to grind.

Ok, ive found the answer to what the choices are to get this trophy now that I'm in legend mode. I just completed a side mission and the GoApp percentage went up 0.1% from 96.6% to 96.7%

So i either need to re-do all 42 side cases in legend mode run or i need to re-load my clear save and just grind away to farm enough xp to buy the remaining skills on that save file.

neither seem particularly attractive.

But at least i can confirm for anyone else who gets in this position that the school missions have no effect in increasing the percentage of GoApp if you already got 100% on these on your first playthrough. The side missions however do. The 42 of these are what you will need to re-do if you want to hit 100% in GoApp in the legend run playthrough. Time-wise grinding is probably gonna be quicker, but side missions will be more interesting and therefore may not feel as long as it does grinding.

Anyway, thanks for you help and advice, was much appreciated.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PotrikBerger said:

Ok, ive found the answer to what the choices are to get this trophy now that I'm in legend mode. I just completed a side mission and the GoApp percentage went up 0.1% from 96.6% to 96.7%

So i either need to re-do all 42 side cases in legend mode run or i need to re-load my clear save and just grind away to farm enough xp to buy the remaining skills on that save file.

neither seem particularly attractive.

But at least i can confirm for anyone else who gets in this position that the school missions have no effect in increasing the percentage of GoApp if you already got 100% on these on your first playthrough. The side missions however do. The 42 of these are what you will need to re-do if you want to hit 100% in GoApp in the legend run playthrough. Time-wise grinding is probably gonna be quicker, but side missions will be more interesting and therefore may not feel as long as it does grinding.

Anyway, thanks for you help and advice, was much appreciated.

Yeah sorry I meant side cases, been playing 0 and kiwami recently ? 

I'd advise doing the SP grind, if you take a look at the video I made it shouldn't take you long to do, definitely quicker than doing all side cases again

Yeah it didnt take too long at all. When i re-loaded my clear save and looked, i only had 14 more skills to buy anyway. So i just gave the pad to my 6 year old, told him to walk around the city and just fight anyone he could. 90mins later he had enough SP and the plat was done. Plus he had no idea he was grinding lol, everybody wins

• Like 2

19 hours ago, PotrikBerger said:

Yeah it didnt take too long at all. When i re-loaded my clear save and looked, i only had 14 more skills to buy anyway. So i just gave the pad to my 6 year old, told him to walk around the city and just fight anyone he could. 90mins later he had enough SP and the plat was done. Plus he had no idea he was grinding lol, everybody wins

Haha now that is the best grinding method I've ever heard of?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This has got to be the worst worded trophy yet. Now I have to finish my simple playthrough to get a clear save so that I can start another legend then do all the side quests. All I have left is this and equipment. Gun grabber is causing quite the conundrum too!

Wait does the final one HAVE to be legend or can I do all 42 cases on this simple playthrough?

• 1 year later...
On 10/9/2021 at 10:20 AM, PotrikBerger said:

Thanks for posting this issue and figuring it out because I ran into the same thing.  Unfortunately, I screwed myself saving over my clear file with my legend run in NG+ thinking the game would remember my 99.9% TownGo completion because it's NG+ and the only thing I had left to complete was to use extracts 100 times.  It didn't.  Once I cleared legend, I was able to switch the file back to premium adventure, but I still had to do all the side stuff again.  And you are correct in that redoing the side cases is all that's needed for 100%, but the issue is the last 2 side cases require all the school missions to be complete to show up.  So you gotta do them too.

So fair warning for anyone that beats the game:  Do all your towngo shit 1st before doing your legend run.  100% everything you need to and run legend after or else you may end up having to do all the main / school / and side missions twice like I did to get the 100% clear trophy,

• Like 1