Nightmare mode IMPOSSIBLE, RESPAWN broken!

Sauron__Hunter

The game has just released, of course you can't complete it on it's hardest difficulty setting with ease right away.

You need better cards, map knowledge, practice etc. and you will need a skilled squad of 4 as well.

It's not meant to be a walk in the park, it's called nightmare for a reason.

• Like 2

There were similar issues with Nightmare during the beta. Entire team getting wiped in really unfair/unavoidable ways.

Y'all have fun with this one. I'm stuck worrying about Aliens: Fireteam Elite, so there's no room in my life for more turmoil.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, PeachyJacobs said:

The game has just released, of course you can't complete it on it's hardest difficulty setting with ease right away.

You need better cards, map knowledge, practice etc. and you will need a skilled squad of 4 as well.

It's not meant to be a walk in the park, it's called nightmare for a reason.

Anyone who played the beta will know what he means.

The difficulty for Veteran & Nightmare has been made considerably harder than it was in the beta & special infected spawning literally right behind you as you turn away is an issue on all difficulties (that again didn't exist in the beta), I wish I could say he's exaggerating but he's not.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ObsceneSociopath said:

Anyone who played the beta will know what he means.

The difficulty for Veteran & Nightmare has been made considerably harder than it was in the beta & special infected spawning literally right behind you as you turn away is an issue on all difficulties (that again didn't exist in the beta), I wish I could say he's exaggerating but he's not.

I played the beta a lot actually. I am well aware the difficulty has been made harder. It's a good thing as the beta was too easy. He's complaining about being unable to complete the hardest difficulty in the game on the day it was released. These games take time and practice. You shouldn't be able to finish the hardest content in the game right away.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, PeachyJacobs said:

I played the beta a lot actually. I am well aware the difficulty has been made harder. It's a good thing as the beta was too easy. He's complaining about being unable to complete the hardest difficulty in the game on the day it was released. These games take time and practice. You shouldn't be able to finish the hardest content in the game right away.

i kinda disagree. I think an experienced player especially if you played games like wwz etc should be able to beat this game on veteran pretty much from the get go and might need a good built and a bit of experience for nightmare. Don't think the game was too easy in the beta especially since there were infinite spawns without letting you know. It was riddiculous how hard one section became, when you wanted to fight through that instead of ignoring all zombies and just running through them. I don't remember the name of the section tho.

Clearly the devs thought it wasn't right as they've reduced the special Ridden spawn rate across all difficulties.

I'm playing through on recruit just to get used to the game/levels and last night, I had 6 Tallboy-types spawn within the space of 30 seconds in the gas station bit so this is a welcome change. I'm not saying that the game needed to be made easier - it just needed to be made fairer and this is a step in the right direction.