Hotline Miami Collection Free in PS store

Ragtag_Dude

4 minutes ago, Ragtag_Dude said:

That's a shame... It seems it might be free just in UK,  for whatever reason.

It's not free in the UK, post above just said it's 3.99£... yes pounds.

Could be that you bought the PS3 versions way back and because they are crossbuy (or used to be), you get to claim the PS4 versions for free. 

7 minutes ago, Aodir said:

Could be that you bought the PS3 versions way back and because they are crossbuy (or used to be), you get to claim the PS4 versions for free. 

3 minutes ago, araujonj said:

This has happen to me also before, sometimes when you get the ps plus version, they appear free on deals/sales. And you can keep them to you forever. 

I'm so confused. I've never got the game on PS Plus, nor bought it on my own before on any system.

9 minutes ago, Aodir said:

Maybe it is a bug. Indeed I bought Hotline Miami 2 many years ago, but I only ever got the first game freeon PS+, I never bought the first game, but since I have now "purchased" the Hotline Miami collection. Perhaps, if I ever cancel my PS+ plus subscription, I should have access to both games now and not lose the first game.

Just now, StacFace92 said:

Also shows as £3.99 for me. I only checked on the phone app since I'm not on any console right now. Don't know if OP was on their PS4/5 and there's a unique bug there.

I was on PS4

Well, clearly a weird bug then...

False alarm, sorry everyone.

18 minutes ago, Ragtag_Dude said:

I was on PS4

Well, clearly a weird bug then...

False alarm, sorry everyone.

The best way to double check if something is free for everyone is to use en.psprices.com

Hotline Miami was free on PS3 and Vita with the PS+. Later, when PS4 was launched, they released a Cross-Buy version of all 3 platforms, meaning it was Free (forever) for those who had a PS+ subscription active and downloaded the PS+ version back in the day. This also happened with Super Motherload and Oddworld New and Tasty :)

HOWEVER, Hotline Miami 2 wasn't free at any moment so that collection shouldn't be "free". It's not the same case as mentioned above.

Unless... You downloaded the PSNow version and you managed to somehow bug the PS Store to give you access to the collection for free... 

• Like 2

These games are fun to play, but the second Hotline Miami is a bit frustrating due to enemy placement and some tight A+ rank requirements. You also have to play Hard difficulty, which is basically the same levels in mirrored mode and you will come across more dangerous enemies early on. 

The samurai dudes can’t be killed with guns, likewise the fat dudes can’t be killed with melee weapons. Also, killing 50,000 enemies is a grind and a half. 

I definitely recommend Hotline Miami collection. Awesome music, satisfying gameplay, well designed mechanics. 

6 hours ago, TurtlePM said:

The best way to double check if something is free for everyone is to use en.psprices.com

Hotline Miami was free on PS3 and Vita with the PS+. Later, when PS4 was launched, they released a Cross-Buy version of all 3 platforms, meaning it was Free (forever) for those who had a PS+ subscription active and downloaded the PS+ version back in the day. This also happened with Super Motherload and Oddworld New and Tasty :)

HOWEVER, Hotline Miami 2 wasn't free at any moment so that collection shouldn't be "free". It's not the same case as mentioned above.

Unless... You downloaded the PSNow version and you managed to somehow bug the PS Store to give you access to the collection for free... 

I think it happened with Zombie Driver HD, too. When they released the Immortal Edition on PS4, it was available even for owners of the PS3 version from PS+, and the PS3 version became yours to keep forever.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

I think it happened with Zombie Driver HD, too. When they released the Immortal Edition on PS4, it was available even for owners of the PS3 version from PS+, and the PS3 version became yours to keep forever.

That's correct, it was the most recent case actually (and I forgot about it) ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

These games are fun to play, but the second Hotline Miami is a bit frustrating due to enemy placement and some tight A+ rank requirements. You also have to play Hard difficulty, which is basically the same levels in mirrored mode and you will come across more dangerous enemies early on. 

The samurai dudes can’t be killed with guns, likewise the fat dudes can’t be killed with melee weapons. Also, killing 50,000 enemies is a grind and a half. 

I definitely recommend Hotline Miami collection. Awesome music, satisfying gameplay, well designed mechanics. 

How it's the game on a controller? 

I played on steam the first one to 100%, but I can't even imagine playing without kb+m, especially controlling the camera.

17 minutes ago, Clennx said:

How it's the game on a controller?

I've finished them both, and they seemed perfectly playable to me. Of course, I haven't tried the PC versions, so I don't know what I'm missing when it comes to keyboard & mouse controls.