Yeah, fun and everything but...

Musous are as simple as a game can be. Just smash buttons and enjoy beating the hell out of hundreds of enemies. Berserk and the Band of the Hawk it's pretty enjoyable (if you have read the manga) while you stay playing the Story Mode. If you try to go for the platinum and venture into the Endless Eclipse Mode you will maybe have fun with characters like Guts or Griffith, maybe Zodd or Wyald, even Schierke with the spells or Serpico with the wind attacks, but there are some like Judeau or the worst for me, Casca that it's completely shit.

I mean, it's cool to play as Casca but the latest layers are just not fun but enrageous. Hitboxes from large enemies like Mozgus or The Count are probably the most stupid ones I've ever seen in a videogame. Dodging is completely useless sometimes and enemies can get you in an almost infinite combo as long as they want to. If you add Casca's low stability, defense and health, plus probably the character with the worst attack kit and for sure, the worst frenzy attack of all of the playable characters by far, this just get tedious and definetly not fun. Every boss is the same strategy as the one before from layers 60+: Just wait for the frenzy bar to fill and beat the shit out of him, over and over and over again; this can take more or less depending on the boss defense in cuestion (Mozgus for me just took like 10min because half the time I was being beaten all around in an infinite combo that I just couldn't escape). Just made it to layer 80 and was doing a behelit desire and some random NPC just fled and I lost the last 30min of absolutely terrible gameplay with this shitty character, starting again at layer 61. I love Berserk, and I enjoyed a lot going up to layer 100 and destroying everything that came to me with Guts and Griffith. Hell even Femto had it's fun in it's own way. But dude, Casca is just a pile of hot shit that it's just not fun to play. She is just miles away from the rest of the characters in absolutely every stat or skill.

Even in One Piece: Pirate Warriors series I remember every damn character fun as hell to play and so unique, being like 50 playable characters. Here you have 8 and it's almost the same all the time with very little diferences. And definetly, having to repeat the same 100 almost exact layers with all of them is nothing but a pain in the ass, and does not help to the variety of the game.

• Like 2

That's unfortunate to hear. I've been tempted to buy this game physically since I'm a huge Berserk fan. But the cost is so freaking expensive. It's like $100 dollars. If what you said is true, I might consider skipping this game.

I love my boi Guts, but he ain't worth the 100 dollars lol. 

I hope they make a proper Berserk JRPG game in the future.

18 minutes ago, Shiinjitsu said:

That's unfortunate to hear. I've been tempted to buy this game physically since I'm a huge Berserk fan. But the cost is so freaking expensive. It's like $100 dollars. If what you said is true, I might consider skipping this game.

I love my boi Guts, but he ain't worth the 100 dollars lol. 

I hope they make a proper Berserk JRPG game in the future.

I payed 50 bucks few months ago, and just because of collectable value was worth it (just seeing the absurdly high prices that cost today). I've had a good 20h with it and it's relatively respectful with the manga. It skips some interesting characters, yes, but this is a musou and you can't just introduce characters like Gambino or Foss for example. It covers from Guts joining the Band of the Hawk to the group sailing to Elfheim; and that's around 80% of the manga. Interesting and kinda rare game but I would definetly not pay a Franklin for it.

Overall, I don't see myself going through the Endless Eclipse Mode six more times just to get the 100% and the platinum.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 10/10/2021 at 9:52 PM, TheOnask said:

Musous are as simple as a game can be. Just smash buttons and enjoy beating the hell out of hundreds of enemies. Berserk and the Band of the Hawk it's pretty enjoyable (if you have read the manga) while you stay playing the Story Mode. If you try to go for the platinum and venture into the Endless Eclipse Mode you will maybe have fun with characters like Guts or Griffith, maybe Zodd or Wyald, even Schierke with the spells or Serpico with the wind attacks, but there are some like Judeau or the worst for me, Casca that it's completely shit.

I mean, it's cool to play as Casca but the latest layers are just not fun but enrageous. Hitboxes from large enemies like Mozgus or The Count are probably the most stupid ones I've ever seen in a videogame. Dodging is completely useless sometimes and enemies can get you in an almost infinite combo as long as they want to. If you add Casca's low stability, defense and health, plus probably the character with the worst attack kit and for sure, the worst frenzy attack of all of the playable characters by far, this just get tedious and definetly not fun. Every boss is the same strategy as the one before from layers 60+: Just wait for the frenzy bar to fill and beat the shit out of him, over and over and over again; this can take more or less depending on the boss defense in cuestion (Mozgus for me just took like 10min because half the time I was being beaten all around in an infinite combo that I just couldn't escape). Just made it to layer 80 and was doing a behelit desire and some random NPC just fled and I lost the last 30min of absolutely terrible gameplay with this shitty character, starting again at layer 61. I love Berserk, and I enjoyed a lot going up to layer 100 and destroying everything that came to me with Guts and Griffith. Hell even Femto had it's fun in it's own way. But dude, Casca is just a pile of hot shit that it's just not fun to play. She is just miles away from the rest of the characters in absolutely every stat or skill.

Even in One Piece: Pirate Warriors series I remember every damn character fun as hell to play and so unique, being like 50 playable characters. Here you have 8 and it's almost the same all the time with very little diferences. And definetly, having to repeat the same 100 almost exact layers with all of them is nothing but a pain in the ass, and does not help to the variety of the game.

I just beat Endless Eclipse with Casca and Judeau and I think they were really easy to complete.

I love Casca because she has the :triangle::cross::triangle: combination that makes her super useful and makes all battles super easy to complete, with Femto is a different thing. You can do that combo with the first two life bars but in the last one, as he spams the bubble attack, you have to do it slowly. 

With Judeau was different, the combo is slower but same as powerful as Casca and the ultimate attack is much better than Casca's. 

I need to complete 99 floors with Schirke, Zodd and Wyald and I am done. Love this game so far!

Edited by Carttagos
  • Like 2