PS4 to PS5.

IKARUS-RG

I've finished the PS4 version and earned the Platinum with 100% on the DLC and imported my save over to the PS5 version, but none of the trophies for the PS5 version have popped automatically for me.

Might do some testing with this later to see if some of the trophies can be earned by recollecting one item, but at the moment it doesn't look like a save transfer will work to autopop (noting that it just detected the PS4 save on my PS5). It might be possible to avoid entire playthroughs on the second version with this though (i.e. if your transferred save has 100% you might just be able to complete the final mission on Nightmare to unlock the trophy, etc).

If anyone else has any thoughts or findings, please share :)

EDIT:

Just some findings:

• You can load the last chapter from your PS4 save and finish it on Nightmare for that trophy.
  • If you pick up a manuscript page it will pop all the manuscript-related trophies provided you've collected them all.
  • Killing enemies with any weapon will pop the kills trophies if you have enough kills.
  • The Coffee Thermoses seem to disappear once you've collected them so it's probably not possible to collect that trophy on a PS4 save, might require another playthrough.
Edited by IKARUS-M1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Lotex-Style said:

Seems like radio shows and hidden chests don't work either and I assume it'll be the same with tv shows.

Yep, that's right. Ran through the game again on PS5 for Platinum and had to collect just about everything except manuscripts on a fresh save. If you import a completed PS4 save you can skip a second Nightmare playthrough though since that and the manuscript trophies will autopop.

5 hours ago, IKARUS-M1 said:

Yep, that's right. Ran through the game again on PS5 for Platinum and had to collect just about everything except manuscripts on a fresh save. If you import a completed PS4 save you can skip a second Nightmare playthrough though since that and the manuscript trophies will autopop.

Yeah, did that yesterday and not having to do another nightmare playthrough seems like a good thing, but overall it feels kinda half-assed what they did here. Maybe it's just me, but I feel like you either do it right with cross save support or you don't do it at all.

• Like 3

Auto-popping trophies devalues one's trophy list imo, and demotes it to a numbers game without worth.

And even though I have been guilty of this myself (i.e. borderlands), I do regret this now, and hope devs as much as possible do not follow this practice.

If u want'em, earn'em...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Lotex-Style said:

Yeah, did that yesterday and not having to do another nightmare playthrough seems like a good thing, but overall it feels kinda half-assed what they did here. Maybe it's just me, but I feel like you either do it right with cross save support or you don't do it at all.

Yeah agreed. It was basically a fresh save minus manuscripts / kills and Nightmare mode. I was happy to earn 'em all again but by the end I was so sick of Alan's lack of stamina lmao.

Edited by IKARUS-M1

I didn't even think about this, it just asked me about my PS4 save... so when I loaded the game on PS5 I pinged a bunch of random ones from the combat stats and then all 3 difficulty ones just from messing around the end with the save I had from part way through Chapter 6.

In theory between what I saw and what I've read in here... if you left the final coffee thermos which you have to reveal right at the end for your Nightmare run on PS4 and got the Hypercaffinated trophy just before the Nightmare difficulty one... and then used the save you backed up say in the logging yard just before the final part, you would likely get also the Hypercaffinated trophy from it the same way as the manuscripts one works.

Edited by estumas
  • Like 1

On 14.10.2021 at 2:31 AM, IKARUS-M1 said:

Yeah agreed. It was basically a fresh save minus manuscripts / kills and Nightmare mode. I was happy to earn 'em all again but by the end I was so sick of Alan's lack of stamina lmao.

Oh boy, that's pretty much exactly my experience with the game. I really like it, but this whole "2 seconds of running followed by 5 seconds of catching your breath" is ANNOYING, especially since running also messes up your ability to dodge properly.

11 hours ago, estumas said:

I didn't even think about this, it just asked me about my PS4 save... so when I loaded the game on PS5 I pinged a bunch of random ones from the combat stats and then all 3 difficulty ones just from messing around the end with the save I had from part way through Chapter 6.

In theory between what I saw and what I've read in here... if you left the final coffee thermos which you have to reveal right at the end for your Nightmare run on PS4 and got the Hypercaffinated trophy just before the Nightmare difficulty one... and then used the save you backed up say in the logging yard just before the final part, you would likely get also the Hypercaffinated trophy from it the same way as the manuscripts one works.

My guess would be that if you want to get the platinum for both versions it would probably be smart to just leave the first one of everything, make a backup (cloud, usb or something similar), get the collectibles trophies on the ps4 version, revert back to the original save, import to PS5 and just get the first collectible of each kind you'll and boom, you're good to go. Sadly I wasn't smart enough to do this on my playthroughs, but maybe someone else can get something out of the info here.

• Like 2