Worth getting?

FocusDR

While I personally enjoyed the game a lot, I am not sure if it's worth getting at this point. I started playing it in June and got the platinum in August - at that time, the game was already dead and it took me 10 - 20 minutes to find a match. 

It's a fun game and I wish that it would have gotten better advertising (like Fall Guys did) or that it was F2P to begin with, especially with how it handled the microtransactions. 

As a warning for some people, I've played the game on and off from release and I still don't have the 1000 KO assist trophy and last time I checked I was sat at 1950 assists on my contracts page. Some of the trophies are bugged for some players. That's on the ps4 version so ps5 may hopefully be a bit better.

Edited by NUFCMoobeastie
Missed info

56 minutes ago, Izularia said:

While I personally enjoyed the game a lot, I am not sure if it's worth getting at this point. I started playing it in June and got the platinum in August - at that time, the game was already dead and it took me 10 - 20 minutes to find a match. 

It's a fun game and I wish that it would have gotten better advertising (like Fall Guys did) or that it was F2P to begin with, especially with how it handled the microtransactions. 

That’s my worry, in game purchases and/or lack of players. Kind of hoping it’ll become a ps plus so it’ll be playable. 

• Like 1

I was hoping that they would of at least sorted out the PS4 version before releasing this version.

I am one of many to be plagued with bugs especially that I'm nearly 4x the required level for the 250k trophy let alone the last few I've done that are 50-100% more than their requirements.

On the plus side to those lucky ones that have done it, it's highly likely it's a auto pop with this game being solely online PvP.

7 hours ago, Hey_Its_Mr_Jay said:

I was hoping that they would of at least sorted out the PS4 version before releasing this version.

I am one of many to be plagued with bugs especially that I'm nearly 4x the required level for the 250k trophy let alone the last few I've done that are 50-100% more than their requirements.

On the plus side to those lucky ones that have done it, it's highly likely it's a auto pop with this game being solely online PvP.

Really? Could this be a auto pop situation? I would not want to go through this buggy trophy hell again :D but I would take the auto pop trophies tho :D 

5 hours ago, turniplord said:

Would have thought the player count would be high due to it being free in EA Play on all platforms, the game can be played f2p until you reach a certain level, Prime Gaming gave it away, and it's in Game Pass Ultimate.

Sadly it's not I still log in daily in hope it will sort my platinum out that I am long overdue ? it's full of a few try hard players but even I find certain times of the day it's a bit dead.

I've played with a few friends and met up with others in my old crew while chatting to them a few times and that should say enough ? if you got six players there's a good chance you could probably boost it at certain times with ease.

All in all its genuinely a fun game but the bugs for many players make it soul crushing especially if you're like me trying for the platinum.

• Like 1

On 12/10/21 at 3:31 AM, Hey_Its_Mr_Jay said:

The trophy stats are tracked individually per platform so it might not be an auto pop. I had to do all trophies/achievements twice for PlayStation 4 and Xbox on the same EA account. It depends if PlayStation stats are tracked as one platform or if PS4 and PS5 are tracked separately. 

13 hours ago, yum9me said:

The trophy stats are tracked individually per platform so it might not be an auto pop. I had to do all trophies/achievements twice for PlayStation 4 and Xbox on the same EA account. It depends if PlayStation stats are tracked as one platform or if PS4 and PS5 are tracked separately. 

Its online saved so I really can't see why it wouldn't for at least a majority of trophies eg level, Kos and catches etc 

I don't reccomend buying this game. 

I have over 50 hours on it and 3 tracked trophies(my last ones)  are glitched for me and many more on the ps4 version. 

No response from the dev team or ea originals about the issues. 

Gameplay wise , its a fun game , very easy to understand but with long waiting for a game. 

Dont buy this game until its f2p or on a big discount, they dont deserve it.

Edited by shlomaniac
Gameplay remarks
  • Like 1

On 10/13/2021 at 4:35 PM, shlomaniac said:

No response from the dev team or ea originals about the issues.

Hey there, I work on the dev team at Velan. We’ve responded to issues across Twitter, Reddit, Discord, Twitch, etc., I’ve even chimed in on a bunch of threads on the PS4 forum on PSNP.

We are working on these issues, and have some big changes in the works to how trophies are tracked on the back end that should make these much more reliable. I know it’s super frustrating (I’m a huge trophy completionist myself!), but to say that we haven’t responded to issues just isn’t true. We’re working on fixing this, it ended up being a deeper issue than we originally thought, but we’ll be fixing it. Stay tuned!

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, DangerSpice said:

Hey there, I work on the dev team at Velan. We’ve responded to issues across Twitter, Reddit, Discord, Twitch, etc., I’ve even chimed in on a bunch of threads on the PS4 forum on PSNP.

We are working on these issues, and have some big changes in the works to how trophies are tracked on the back end that should make these much more reliable. I know it’s super frustrating (I’m a huge trophy completionist myself!), but to say that we haven’t responded to issues just isn’t true. We’re working on fixing this, it ended up being a deeper issue than we originally thought, but we’ll be fixing it. Stay tuned!

When The ps5 version will release?

Thx 

6 hours ago, DangerSpice said:

I sent 3 emails with a respectful manner .

I have nothing against your crew , I'm just stating a fact that happend to me. 

I hope you fix your trophies issues because i just played season 3 after the 3.01 update and my 3 big tracking trophies are still bugged.

I will occasionally look at this thread and reddit for updates, thanks.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, shlomaniac said:

I sent 3 emails with a respectful manner .

I have nothing against your crew , I'm just stating a fact that happend to me. 

I hope you fix your trophies issues because i just played season 3 after the 3.01 update and my 3 big tracking trophies are still bugged.

I will occasionally look at this thread and reddit for updates, thanks.

Where did you send the emails? We don't have a support email address, so they may not have gone to the right place. The best places to get our attention are Twitter or Discord (we also have a bug report tracking form here, although this is more for reporting issues rather than getting direct feedback from anyone on the issues).

Trophies will be fixed for sure, we actually just had a pretty good discovery literally yesterday on the road to fixing this! Stay tuned.

• Like 2

On 10/15/2021 at 8:16 AM, DangerSpice said:

Trophies should have been tracked from the challenge cards, not whatever backend, broken, system that currently tracks individual stats. Also, PLEASE get rid of the rolling around the city trophy. I've already ruined a bunch of people's good times by just....rolling around the city and not engaging with them. It's also been 5 months! 

On 10/18/2021 at 1:40 PM, PS_4Trophies said:

Trophies should have been tracked from the challenge cards, not whatever backend, broken, system that currently tracks individual stats. Also, PLEASE get rid of the rolling around the city trophy. I've already ruined a bunch of people's good times by just....rolling around the city and not engaging with them. It's also been 5 months! 

We can't track from the Career Contract cards, because cross-platform progression isn't allowed by some first-party platform policies (meaning getting 1000 assists on one platform should not pop the achievement/trophy on another platform).

An update to the Rolling Round the City trophy is something I brought up to the gameplay team, I agree that it's not a great fit for a trophy. We pulled the "Travel 250km in ballform" Crew Contract, so it makes sense to adjust here as well!

As far as the time this has taken, I hear you. When we have this fixed once and for all we'll write a little more about what happened, but the tracking issue is not a single issue, but rather multiple issues that all have the same impact. We'd fix one aspect, think we had it handled, and then there'd be another angle we hadn't covered. The most recent is actually the hardest to fix, and we're in the middle of completely rewriting how contracts work, from the ground up, to address it. That takes time, especially for an indie dev team. It will be fixed, and I've already started talking internally about how we handle folks that should have finished some of these trophies multiple times over.

Edited by DangerSpice
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, FocusDR said:

It’s the glitchy trophies that make me not want to play it. If they patch that then I’d love to give it a go, from YouTube gameplay it looks awesome.. 

Trophy issues will be fixed! We'll share more when we have a better idea on timing.

• Like 1