Worth getting?

FocusDR

I’m not sure if an update (patch) rolled out but a miracle happened today. I logged in and immediately unlocked Welcome to the Big Leagues and after completing one Daily Contract I unlocked Daily Doer. I’m not sure if this is a pure coincidence, but I’m gonna try getting ultimate KOs, KO Assists, and Crew Contracts completed as those are the last things needed for me to unlock the platinum. I’d like to also thank @DangerSpice for his contributions and effort in ensuring that these trophy are fixed one way or another, as us trophy hunters take these kinds of situations very seriously. Good luck to everybody! 

• Like 1

I'm also on the fence about this game. Looks fun but seems like it can tire very quickly.  Similar to Rocket Arena which I am grinding out now - fun to begin with, but very much a chore to pop the last remaining trophies (even after the quality of life improvements and extra xp!)

I will wait on this. If it pops up on PS Plus then sure, I'll sink some hours in. 

On 10/25/2021 at 10:30 PM, LOWERCASESUCKS said:

I'm also on the fence about this game. Looks fun but seems like it can tire very quickly.  Similar to Rocket Arena which I am grinding out now - fun to begin with, but very much a chore to pop the last remaining trophies (even after the quality of life improvements and extra xp!)

I will wait on this. If it pops up on PS Plus then sure, I'll sink some hours in. 

This game is better than rocket arena for sure as someone that played it for over 100 hours but the bugged trophies will annoy you. (Update 3.10. Fixed nothing)

Its free on PS plus next week .

Edited by shlomaniac
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, shlomaniac said:

This game is better than rocket arena for sure as someone that played it for over 100 hours but the bugged trophies will annoy you. (Update 3.10. Fixed nothing)

Yeah, just seen the lineup. I will give it a try I think, there wil be a surge in player base too

Honestly not worth it if you're just in it for the achievements. Both ps4 versions have buggy lists (ps4 does not completely autopop, see other thread). I have about 230h in actively do dailies and am missing the 100 daily contracts trophy (among 2 others, of which 1 I've definitely completed) 

However it is great fun, especially if you're playing with friends (which is possible now!). I've been playing very regularly since season 1 and I've never had long waiting times. (just don't turn off crossplay. Sometimes it's obvious that you're playing against PC but that's better than waiting 10mins for a match.) 

One downside the last months were ping issues that caused incredibly laggy games. However, since it's free on PS plus we haven't had this issue anymore, since we can always find people with good enough ping to us. 

If you're thinking of trying it out, now is the time to do it since you're gonna get matched with a lot of beginners as well. If you meet some people who absolutely destroy you, don't feel too bad. This is a game with a steep learning curve so it becomes fun quickly. 

29 minutes ago, Tepp-a said:

Honestly not worth it if you're just in it for the achievements. Both ps4 versions have buggy lists (ps4 does not completely autopop, see other thread). I have about 230h in actively do dailies and am missing the 100 daily contracts trophy (among 2 others, of which 1 I've definitely completed) 

However it is great fun, especially if you're playing with friends (which is possible now!). I've been playing very regularly since season 1 and I've never had long waiting times. (just don't turn off crossplay. Sometimes it's obvious that you're playing against PC but that's better than waiting 10mins for a match.) 

One downside the last months were ping issues that caused incredibly laggy games. However, since it's free on PS plus we haven't had this issue anymore, since we can always find people with good enough ping to us. 

If you're thinking of trying it out, now is the time to do it since you're gonna get matched with a lot of beginners as well. If you meet some people who absolutely destroy you, don't feel too bad. This is a game with a steep learning curve so it becomes fun quickly. 

As I predicted it was a ps plus for ps5. Pretty fun game but I’m not going for platinum. Just something different to play :) 

Find this game rather repulsive, one of the worst experiences I’ve seen. Can see why the game has the same users I run into constantly all the time, aka it’s dead. Even as a plus game I’m getting the same users. That’s pretty bad. It’s just not fun at all to me.

Okay.. with about 5 more hours of gameplay I finally find it fun. But it is frustrating at times. Hm. I still be warn people that’s probably not worth a $20+ purchase (think it was $20 regular? If so that’s decent I guess.)

Definitely grab it right now for plus though, it’s enjoyable for free especially!

On 10/28/2021 at 10:58 AM, shlomaniac said:

I preferred rocket arena. Different strokes for different folks I guess. Lol

Edited by Dangisuckatgamin
Change of opinion