Hong Kong account error 80029780

dzstrpc

18 hours ago, JorgeSleep said:

Nope, this didn't work for me. I deactivated my HK account the way you comment and I still can't download the content that I bought on my PS3.

Okay then the only thing I can think of is if you delete the profile from your PS3 altogether and sign back in. Might be a conflict between the profile and the console causing the issue. 

I am out of ideas outside of these suggestions :(

Only because that error code the OP mentioned is what I was getting and the method I discribed worked for me and several other users over on Twitter too. 

Edited by DarkSoleride

the problem is that it´s so difficult contact playstation support in asian countries, AskPlaystation is completely useless... and the problem is not only Hong Kong, I tried with Malaysia and Indonesia accounts with the same result... so I think all asian accounts are affected by it

Edited by samishii20

1 hour ago, Lance_87 said:

The problem is worldwide not just for Asian accounts. Mine is Italian, which means EU.

really? wow i though only asian accounts are affected by, i have accounts on spain and uk... also usa and my country peru and all of them works fine 

Edited by samishii20

27 minutes ago, RokkumanZero23 said:

I remember a certain someone on reddit said this particular error code for Vita/PS3 also happens to people without active PS+ subscriptions too and bought their games digitally.

Now i'm scared, i have a secondary US account with some freebies, if something goes wrong i will lose them forever, since there's no way to contact them from outside the US.

1 hour ago, RokkumanZero23 said:

I remember a certain someone on reddit said this particular error code for Vita/PS3 also happens to people without active PS+ subscriptions too and bought their games digitally.

yep i never had a ps+ subscription in none of my accounts, my problem with this error code is only on psn asian accounts where i bought games

Edited by samishii20

8 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

Bought? Doesn't matter if i have only free content? I'm too scared to try.

yep i bought many games in asian store basically ps2 classics that couldnt find on US and Euro store (silent hill, samurai shodown, kof etc).... and cant download none of them ?

I tried downloading for the 20th time the same free dlc in Ragnarok Odyssey Ace a few minutes ago, still the same errors and it wouldn't let me download. I insisted for a good while and it worked, as I said before. The next free dlc downloaded on my third attempt (both of these were on my download list already due to trying to download them and it failing to do so).

But then, the next free dlcs started downloading without issues on my first try. It's been a streak of 11 downloads without a single problem! Hopefully it stays this way.

It must have something to do with the removal of the credit/debit cards and paypal payment options that happened today or yesterday. Also they removed FIFA 19 from the featured tab and now you see a notice about how to buy PS3 and VITA content. 

The "exclusively for you... " now greets you with a blank screen too. Maybe it was removed. What definitely was is the Sales and Deals tab, it's just no longer there. So plenty of changes recently, hopefully the download issues have been fixed.

Edited by tony_snake_24
Grammar
  • Like 1

Damn, after like 17 downloads without issue I was greeted by Mr. 80710003. It's instant upon hitting download.

And it signed me out after some retries wtf...

The dlc that gave me that error downloaded immediatly after resetting my ps3

Edited by tony_snake_24
signed me out...

Well, good news. I've managed to download a theme that i wasn't able to download due to this error for weeks. And after that, another dozen of themes, including two from PlayStation Plus.

I will test Vita content tomorrow, but so far so good on PS3. Not sure if it's related (maybe not), but yesterday i removed 2FA and all my payment methods from the account.

Can confirm as well that it works! I still have an active PS+ sub on my HK account and I was able to grab a PS+ theme to test. It downloaded without issue and my purchased games also downloaded instantly. Really glad they got this sorted and hopefully it stays this way!

• Like 1