Hong Kong account error 80029780

dzstrpc

26 minutes ago, Letenko22 said:

Just confirming as well, my HK downloads worked flawlessly. I think it might have had something to do with the Credit/Debit Card removal from the PS3 store, but have no way to confirm it.

I believe it was actually due to the security certificate expiry that took place on September 30. It's highly possible that they didn't get around to updating it in Asian regions, hence the problems with the PS Store on the PS3 and Vita as a whole and users were reporting problems starting from the very end of September/beginning of October.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, SegaJAM said:

I believe it was actually due to the security certificate expiry that took place on September 30. It's highly possible that they didn't get around to updating it in Asian regions, hence the problems with the PS Store on the PS3 and Vita as a whole and users were reporting problems starting from the very end of September/beginning of October.

Cheers for that, it's an interesting read. I'm wondering if that 4.88 update on June wasn't connected with the certificate then. Either way this seems like a more plausible explanation then them disbaling credit/debit card use.

• 5 months later...

2 weeks ago i download some games on my HK alternate account but since april 1st 2022 it's not possible to download a game from HK account. On my discord i asked some member to try and same problem. Impossible to download a game. Everybody have an error code when the download start. Some tried on ps3 and some on vita. My problem is on vita.

Edited by Yellow_Cab_
  • Like 1