FocusDR

New Vita game?

10 posts in this topic

Correct me if I’m wrong but is this a new game? 
I thought the vita was very unloved with a dying marketplace/store. 
I used to get some cross buy games and I’ve played a few Vita cartridge games but for some reason I can’t get online with it anymore. 
how is the vita community these days? 

Yes, it was delayed for years. I really wanted to try this game forever. After continued delays esrb wouldn't make it anymore so they gave it to east Asia to make. Unfortunately it's so late that no more vita store and it will be physical only. Also will sell out asap and will be hard to ever try. Bummer

2 minutes ago, Camokidd87 said:

Yes, it was delayed for years. I really wanted to try this game forever. After continued delays esrb wouldn't make it anymore so they gave it to east Asia to make. Unfortunately it's so late that no more vita store and it will be physical only. Also will sell out asap and will be hard to ever try. Bummer

I have noticed this trend too.. some games are very sparse to find for sale. 

It's a Play-Asia retail exclusive, along with War Theatre: Blood of Winter. All of these games were completed and certified months ago, before the Vita Q/A department closed in July of this year and are currently sitting in a Hong Kong warehouse somewhere awaiting release. Play-Asia is sitting on several Vita games but are waiting for the right time to release them since there are only going to be a handful made of each one.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

24 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

It's a Play-Asia retail exclusive, along with War Theatre: Blood of Winter. All of these games were completed and certified months ago, before the Vita Q/A department closed in July of this year and are currently sitting in a Hong Kong warehouse somewhere awaiting release. Play-Asia is sitting on several Vita games but are waiting for the right time to release them since there are only going to be a handful made of each one.

Awesome good to know, is that the same play-Asia I get my US/HK/JP in store currency from? I’ve not ordered a physical game from there before, only currency. 

5 minutes ago, FocusDR said:

Awesome good to know, is that the same play-Asia I get my US/HK/JP in store currency from? I’ve not ordered a physical game from there before, only currency. 

Correct: https://www.play-asia.com/exclusives. Here's the official announcement but unfortunately, these two games, came and went nearly a fortnight ago so are no longer available :(https://www.eastasiasoft.com/news/393/SkullPirates-and-War-Theatre-Blood-of-Winter-Get-Physical-for-PS-Vita

3 hours ago, Camokidd87 said:

It's already long gone. There were 800 copies sold through Play-Asia and about 200 Kick Starter copies. Copies went ridiculously fast on this - I think the stock sold through in about 3 minutes.

Any Vita games that arrive from here on out are going to be physical only, and I think only Play-Asia has a few games left. These were all made months ago as Sony is no longer certifying new Vita releases, and all physical cart production stopped months ago.

14 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

It's already long gone. There were 800 copies sold through Play-Asia and about 200 Kick Starter copies. Copies went ridiculously fast on this - I think the stock sold through in about 3 minutes.

Any Vita games that arrive from here on out are going to be physical only, and I think only Play-Asia has a few games left. These were all made months ago as Sony is no longer certifying new Vita releases, and all physical cart production stopped months ago.

This^

Depending on the game, the Play-Asia Exclusives can sell out almost instantaneously if a high demand one appears but less popular ones can hang around for several days or even weeks before selling out.

Ya it kind suck there no digital ver. If by luck you do find a copy for sale. They will go for tons $ easyly 100+ and for most of this games you can get then cheaper on other platforms. 

There was a Kickstarter for this game years ago I backed it was up for over a month to back the game then playasia made some waiting for my copy