Guide to platinum / trophy tips

Moisturemanager

Newbie to this game, what’s everyone’s tips for specific trophies? 

im ten hours in and I can already see that the headshot trophy is going to be a pain as I’ve got 2 thus far along with destroy 100 vehicles ( I’ve destroyed none) 

forgive me for sounding vein but after the destruction Allstars flop I’d like to get these trophies done ASAP, as as soon as next months game is out and battlefield releases I think this games player base will fall significantly.

if anyone wants to play sometime to help each other out my Psn name is the same as on here 

• Like 1

You can get a lot of headshots using machine gun in any tank. 

Vehicle kills count even if no one is driving them. 

For artillery kills you don't need to be the person shooting or aiming, just keep reloading for a more experienced player and you'll get the trophy in a couple of matches. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Moisturemanager said:

Newbie to this game, what’s everyone’s tips for specific trophies? 

im ten hours in and I can already see that the headshot trophy is going to be a pain as I’ve got 2 thus far along with destroy 100 vehicles ( I’ve destroyed none) 

forgive me for sounding vein but after the destruction Allstars flop I’d like to get these trophies done ASAP, as as soon as next months game is out and battlefield releases I think this games player base will fall significantly.

if anyone wants to play sometime to help each other out my Psn name is the same as on here 

yeah the key to headshots seems to be the rapid fire weapons and getting players in a choke point.  I am also in the same position of headshots and vehicle kills being what I need most of.  I figure I'll get what I can while playing and clean up the rest at the end.  My advice is to just play the game and focus on engineer a lot because a lot of the grind is stuff you gotta do with the engineer.  Once you finish off the engineer stuff then focus on the rest.  I say this because you are going to get a lot of it naturally along the way.  Capturing points, playing the maps, xp will  all come naturally.  I basically break the game down into 3 steps.  1. Engineer  2.headshots and vehicle kills 3. everything else most of which should come naturally.

Edited by steel6burgh

Headshot and vehicles are definitely the most troublesome, with headshot I have been playing as riflemen and supply most of the time (for their trophies) so it’s naturally tough. May switch to assault now to increase my headshot count. Vehicles are just a pain to find. The rest are just grindy, although artillery and AT mine vehicular kill are luck based. 

- Vehicle kills are easier than it seems. Pick the anti tank class and shoot every abandoned enemy vehicle you come across. Transport and supply vehicles also count, despite the name of the trophy 

- Death from Below trophy is easiest to do on Sainte-Mères-Eglise in the narrow streets of the town. It’s very easy to sneak up on enemy tanks there. Just place down a AT mine and wait for them to back up. 

- Death from Above is a bit harder, but if you know how to read the map it’s pretty easy to determine where the enemy is and possibly a vehicle. I f you look at the map you can see where your teammates are and which direction they’re looking. So if you see a lot of teammates facing the same direction, it’s more than likely that they’re all facing the enemy. Especially if they are not moving. 

You can also ask your squad ayes to ping a camping tank for you to make it easier. 

- Both supply drop trophies can best be done on Utah Beach as the Allies. You can take the supply truck and drop the supplies right outside your HQ. I think this is a bug, because usually you have to travel further from the HQ to drop your supplies. After dropping them return to the supply station, refill and repeat. 

- The killstreak trophies are very easy to get with the artillery. Learn how to use it, learn how to read the map and you’ll get them in no time, as well as the 100 artillery trophy. 

- Headshot kills are hard to get, but if you don’t mind being an asshole there’s a sneaky way to get them. 
Try and get to the enemy’s HQ, preferably the one with artillery, find a good camping spot and try to get as many headshots as you can before you’re found out. Many times people are idling and it’s very easy to get a headshot. Players that are on the artillery are also pretty easy to get a headshot on as they intend to be stationary a lot of the time while they are aiming. 

Edited by Larzz
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, TommyG-LT said:

I got your ammo! - You can drop a box every 5 min., but if you're close to a munition node it only takes 2.5 minutes

If your support class is level 3, you can also drop an explosives ammo box as well which also counts (pick the alternate loadout).

• Like 3

Good tips, you can cheese a few of the trophies if you want to completely ruin gameplay.

Join games as support, drop supplies, respawn as engineer in same location and build node, then respawn as rifleman and drop ammo, after that leave match unless it’s got a little time to run left and you can grab a win / complete a game on a map you need a trophy for. 

join a new game, rinse and repeat. I’m sure there are quicker ways for sure but if you’re just cracking on solo these give you some progress without the cool down times for supplies etc as you can usually find a new game before that cool down period would end. 

ive joined the boosting section on this page and the guys on there seem to be doing ok, planning on playing with a big group tonight to see if we can get more of them done.

I think this will end up being a super rare plat, so it’s worth the grind. Most of the free Psn games end up being super rares as the vast majority play for a bit then get bored and never complete 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TommyG-LT said:

I got your ammo! - You can drop a box every 5 min., but if you're close to a munition node it only takes 2.5 minutes

Even faster way is to leave and rejoin games. I did 100 boxes in about 1.5hrs. Join, spawn, drop box, leave, repeat. Sometimes you get put back into the same game and your cool down is still there, but this was still far faster then waiting around imo.

12 hours ago, Larzz said:

- Vehicle kills are easier than it seems. Pick the anti tank class and shoot every abandoned enemy vehicle you come across. Transport and supply vehicles also count, despite the name of the trophy.

One important note here. Always shoot the engine! Transport / Supply in the front, tanks in the back. Also check your map to see if it's a friendly vehicle.

I've wasted so much ammo shooting bazooka rounds incorrectly.

Edited by Skurkitty
  • Like 2

The games not that hard, just takes time but everything can be done solo.

Tank kills can be any vech, shoot the pipes in the back x2 on big tanks. Once on small tanks and once head on with trucks.
You NEED to be dead on, if it's not a perfect dead on angle the rocket will just bounce off and not do any damage, it's kinda dumb. Just redeploy after you blow something up so you always have 2 rockets on you. No point having 1 rocket, running into a tank and not being able to destroy it.

Artillery kills/1 tank can be done with a decent squad who pings locations. Best way to pick a target is to ping the map, read the distance and use a "hell let loose artillery calc" to work out the exact distance. You can open the map, ping a location where you think the enemy is and then enter that into the website. Then you just set aim and fire. It's REALLY not hard. I had a 79kill game the first time I used artillery.

Head shots just play defence, wait near the defence point and headshot people as they come to attack. It doesn't take long to get 100, just take your time and only fire when you think you'll hit them. Don't just panic fire and give your position away.

100 nodes x 3 -  ever map the middle spawn has a supply truck. You can drive the trucks as the eng, drop the supplies and build/dismantle nodes. Takes awhile but isn't hard. Some maps you can even spam supply drops in your base, just drop a tonne and build for the whole game.

Everything else will just come naturally. You can boost to make trophies faster but everything can be done solo. Hardest part is just staying connected to the servers. 

Edited by Deadvember
more info
  • Like 2

Vehicle kills is pretty easy if you can find a deadish server late at night/early morning and just drive straight to the enemy base in a tank or light vehicle and then destroy the empty respawning trucks in the enemy base. move between their HQ's to get faster respawns.
If you're playing offensive you need to be on the attacking team and have captured at least the halfway point before you can reach the enemy HQ. Warfare is all good though.

is anyone having xp issues not saving after match? It seems to happen 50% of the time for me, especially when I have higher amount of xp post game, it’s really frustrating, could have been in the late 40s now but still stuck at 35 because of xp not registering 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, LKY616 said:

is anyone having xp issues not saving after match? It seems to happen 50% of the time for me, especially when I have higher amount of xp post game, it’s really frustrating, could have been in the late 40s now but still stuck at 35 because of xp not registering 

After receiving xp leave the server instead of starting the next match.

36 minutes ago, LKY616 said:

the xp doesn't accumulate on the home screen after each match.  Pay attention to your rank tonight and then when you wake up it will be different sometimes its off by a few ranks.  It updates just not right away.

46 minutes ago, LKY616 said:

10 minutes ago, Thrillhelm said:

After receiving xp leave the server instead of starting the next match.

I've found it to be the opposite, if I continue into the next game and then quit, my XP saves.
If I leave before starting the next match, I return to the home screen with nothing.
I've also tried waiting for the next day to see if it was a case of the rank not updating but I've never had any luck with that.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Martyy23 said:

I've found it to be the opposite, if I continue into the next game and then quit, my XP saves.
If I leave before starting the next match, I return to the home screen with nothing.
I've also tried waiting for the next day to see if it was a case of the rank not updating but I've never had any luck with that.

Yeah same for me. I consistently lose xp if I leave on the end game screen. Waiting until the next match and leaving has been working well for me. for the last few days.

6 hours ago, Skurkitty said:

Am I the only one who seems to never see Hill 400? I've only seen it ONCE among all my games.

I've had quite a few matches on Hill 400 actually, I play on Australian servers if that matters. Over the last week however I played about 60 matches and did not get a single one on Foy. I'm at 4/5 matches played on Foy and I'm hoping I can get it done soon because I don't want to be stuck with that as my last trophy 

7 hours ago, Skurkitty said:

Am I the only one who seems to never see Hill 400? I've only seen it ONCE among all my games.

I had the same with Purple Heart Lane, but once I had all the other map trophies done it magically started appearing every other match.