The future of the PS4 version on the PS5

ShadowhunterrX

4 minutes ago, DarthRevan182 said:

It might have been mentioned already, but are they offering the PS5 upgrade for free?

If so then this isn't really a big issue IMO, but if they haven't they are going against the backwards compatibility advertised for the PS5.

Yes, they are.

On 10/25/2021 at 8:17 PM, madbuk said:

This isnt a glitch, this is your DualSense falling apart because it’s an awful controller. Genshin seems more sensitive than most games so it’s very noticeable. Was having that issue, then swapped to DS4, and it become perfect again. I later ended up having issues in Monkey Ball as well… until I swapped to DS4.

It's not- it's a brand new controller. Works perfectly fine on every other game

To be honest, this is a serious annoying pain. What about people who know longer have the PS4 console? I still have mine- but hate using it. Sounds like a damn jet plane when playing that game. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sealightbreeze said:

It's not- it's a brand new controller. Works perfectly fine on every other game

To be honest, this is a serious annoying pain. What about people who know longer have the PS4 console? I still have mine- but hate using it. Sounds like a damn jet plane when playing that game. 

You are describing analog creep. It is 100% your controller. As madbuk stated, some games just happen to be more sensitive so you can notice it in some, while it appears normal for other games. It does not matter that it is a relatively new controller.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
11 minutes ago, Masamune_Riku said:

I have this same exact question.

You should be able to, the trophies are tied to the in game achievements. 

Actually you can try this if you have both consoles, start the game on a dummy acc, rush to Monstadt and sit in the statues hands.  Load up the same dummy on the opposite console and it should pop

Edited by Dark_Overlord
  • Like 1

Hello everyone, guys.

I hope everyone is doing well.

Just a quick question: I'm still playing Genshin Impact on my PS4 Pro (the "Death Stranding Limited Edition" black and white one) and, judging by the way miHoYo is adding trophies, I'll be able to 100% by 2025 - when the last region will be likely added.

Until then, I won't have to sell my PS4 Pro, right?

Otherwise, moving from PS4 to PS5, the 100% won't be possible on the older console.

This is what I've been told.

Can you please confirm?

Thanks in advance, greetings from Italy and take care you all!

?

On 21/01/2023 at 8:16 AM, DiegoDolmetscher said:

Hello everyone, guys.

I hope everyone is doing well.

Just a quick question: I'm still playing Genshin Impact on my PS4 Pro (the "Death Stranding Limited Edition" black and white one) and, judging by the way miHoYo is adding trophies, I'll be able to 100% by 2025 - when the last region will be likely added.

Until then, I won't have to sell my PS4 Pro, right?

Otherwise, moving from PS4 to PS5, the 100% won't be possible on the older console.

This is what I've been told.

Can you please confirm?

Thanks in advance, greetings from Italy and take care you all!

?

The truth is there's no way to know. 2026 is the earliest it could end, given that the Teyvat Chapter Storyline Preview lists three more chapters for the three remaining regions, but that would give the game a six year life, which would be shockingly short for a live service game with this much success. MiHoYo's own Honkai Impact 3rd is still getting new story content every patch even though it's on year seven (and the fourth Honkai game is about to launch). A lot of fans online are guessing we'll probably get at least Khaenri'ah and Celestia Chapters, which would take us to 2028. FFXIV ended its main story last year after ten years, but they've already said the game will continue with further main expansions. I'd honestly expect PS4 support to stop before Genshin Impact actually ends (for reference FFXIV dropped PS3 in 2017 and based on some comments Yoshi-P has made fans expect the next expansion to be the last the PS4 gets). Games this big often outlive their launch platforms. I'm keeping my PS4 Pro under my TV (though not plugged in) for as long as the PS4 trophy list gets updated.

• Like 1

On 25/1/2023 at 7:09 PM, tomhannay said:

The truth is there's no way to know. 2026 is the earliest it could end, given that the Teyvat Chapter Storyline Preview lists three more chapters for the three remaining regions, but that would give the game a six year life, which would be shockingly short for a live service game with this much success. MiHoYo's own Honkai Impact 3rd is still getting new story content every patch even though it's on year seven (and the fourth Honkai game is about to launch). A lot of fans online are guessing we'll probably get at least Khaenri'ah and Celestia Chapters, which would take us to 2028. FFXIV ended its main story last year after ten years, but they've already said the game will continue with further main expansions. I'd honestly expect PS4 support to stop before Genshin Impact actually ends (for reference FFXIV dropped PS3 in 2017 and based on some comments Yoshi-P has made fans expect the next expansion to be the last the PS4 gets). Games this big often outlive their launch platforms. I'm keeping my PS4 Pro under my TV (though not plugged in) for as long as the PS4 trophy list gets updated.

Well said! That's a great strategy! ^_^

Let's cross our fingers!

• 3 months later...
On 12.10.2021 at 2:00 PM, ShadowhunterrX said:

I got a mail today in the PS4 version. Hopefully you guys still have your PS4`s at home, would suck if you miss out trophy`s bec of this move.

I got a question about all that. I finally got a PS5 today and now i'm kinda scared on how getting the trophies for both versions is going to work. So i guess since you can only play the PS5 version of Genshin on the PS5, once you transfer your Account Data from the PS4 to the PS5 you'll get already unlocked trophies again.

But if i now start playing and unlocking more trophies on the PS5 version, can i still transfer them back to my PS4? Like, to get the PS4 Trophies up to date? And if so, how do i do that? I still got my PS4 tho.

I'd appreciate it alot if someone could help me /answer me that. 

• 7 months later...

No, the PS4 will refuse to run on PS5, if you can somehow manage to even install it.

Also the PS4 version just got a "DLC" that will be required from 4.3 onwards: 

From what I understood, it will add the possibility to delete the data of cleared quests to free up storage space (after installation on 4.2, app size increased to 112 GB).

16 hours ago, Suporex said:

OK thanks, but in this case can I play interchangebly on my PS5 and PS4 and trophies would track for both? Or do I need to finish on one console and then auto pop trophies on other?

you should be able to play interchangeably and still have the trophies being tracked for both PS4 and PS5. collectable/quest data is stored on HYV servers, not in your ps4/ps5.

On 12/11/2023 at 6:05 AM, StarWolf3000 said:

From what I understood, it will add the possibility to delete the data of cleared quests to free up storage space (after installation on 4.2, app size increased to 112 GB).

Reading the article, it probably means that starting from the next version, we will have to download a patch, which is masked as DLC in the PS Store, to launch the game. It is not clear since it's not out yet, but maybe it will mean that we will not have to download the ENTIRE game again just to play the newest version. Unlike PC in PS4 you download the entire game again along with the new patch.

On PS4 the game is 95+ GB for me. Having to download a new version means that I must have 95 GB of free space in my PS4 times two, effectively needing 190 GB of free space just to get the new version. Maybe with this patch, we will be able to save more time downloading the game + more free space required to get the new version.

Personally, I would be happy if they stopped support for PS4 and support PS5 only (even if I don't have one yet). The game runs incredibly bad on PS4 now that the game has become huge and there's still two more regions to be added. You will need a separate PS4 just for Genshin the way it goes.

@Suporex you cannot play the PS4 version on PS5. You will play the PS5 version no matter what. Progress and trophies are saved on the game's servers. Personally I play on PC, then when a new trophy patch arrives, I complete the requirements on PC. Then I update the PS4 version and when I enter in the game all trophies are unlocked instantly. When I get a PS5 and download the game there as well, then all trophies will automatically unlock on PS5 version too.

EDIT: Seems like that file is already in the store, so unfortunately it is not the patch. Probably the ability to delete cleared quests as you said. We'll find out on Wednesday what it does.

Edited by ZOLANTON