Key Dispatch Missions

• 1 month later...
On 12/10/2021 at 11:57 PM, thepeaguy83 said:

Do back up saves work effectively for key dispatch missions for MGSV?

Feedback would be most appreciative. Thank you.

They should do, but i just found that the amount of S Ranked soldiers you end up with in the end game, meant it was easy enough to just keep retrying whilst cleaning up A Ranks/Mission Tasks

Worst run for me was failing a couple of them twice at most, as even at 55% chance odds should fall in favour

• 6 months later...

I keep failing the "Recapture the oilfield" dispatch mission. Ive failed it 9 times with 64% odds of success. What the fuck man.

Edit:15 attempts later and i got it lol

Edited by The Titan
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I know this is a bit necro, but I tested this recently as part of my fastest to 100% runs.  The answer is no.  The game rolls the RNG when you start the mission, not when you finish, so if you fail a key dispatch mission and go back to a USB or cloud save, you'll just keep failing it.  I'm trying other tricks to get the completion rate higher, but so far it's pretty much just start and pray :)

If you stay on top of them while you're playing though, you'll be through all 20 during normal game play even if you fail the last one a bunch. As Hedley said there's plenty of S rank soldiers to lose without messing up your base.  The only problem is if you're trying to go fast and you can finish the rest of the game before they're all done, which I'm not good enough to do just yet anyway.  Getting close, though.

• 2 months later...
On 01/06/2022 at 3:07 AM, The Titan said:

I keep failing the "Recapture the oilfield" dispatch mission. Ive failed it 9 times with 64% odds of success. What the fuck man.

Edit:15 attempts later and i got it lol

RNG has been f-ing with you hard, thankfully it's been kind to me and I got them all at first try with s-rank team (56%).

• Like 1