[NA] Extended Play Sale | Ends 10/28

Neocarleen

3 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

That is true, unfortunately :(.

Yes, unfortunate indeed. I do try and fully complete games when I can, and typically with Borderlands the DLCs have been decent and given me an excuse to continue playing so I don’t think I’d settle for any less than 100% completion with BL3.

But all this multiple season pass nonsense is really fucking irritating. I’m seeing this become more and more common over time and it really irks me. It seems like the good old days of being able to purchase a full and complete game are ancient history, with the days of being able to purchase a full and complete DLC package soon to follow.

Anyways that’s my morning rant out of the way. I need a coffee ASAP before I risk spouting off another one.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, JourneySilvers said:

Whats the Council about? It looks interesting but I've never heard of it until now

Its the slowest and driest version of a telltale game, padded ad nauseum with some of the worst dialogue and voixe acting you'll ever encounter. 

It is about a fictional meetup of prominent historicsl figures in an illuminati-esque whodunnit. 

Its awful and incredibly boring. Its like Telltale, but with politics. And an RPG-like levelling system purely for your dialogue options so you can become better at lying, etc. I highly suggest avoiding it at any price point.

2 hours ago, JourneySilvers said:

Whats the Council about? It looks interesting but I've never heard of it until now

I strongly disagree with @BeautifulTorment - but it shows that you may either love or hate it!

It's a narrative game (I'd compare it to Call of Cthulhu or the Sherlock Holmes games), and you walk around looking for clues as to a character's disappearance at first, and a broader unfolding mystery later. Without spoiling anything, The Council is a bit of a secret society for famous people (of 2-300 years ago) on a retreat. Think olden' times Bilderberg. I personally enjoyed the dialogue and politics, as well as the rpg-element for discussion choices, but you may definitely find it boring if you're not into it.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, ScarecrowsFate said:

@zizimonster Thanks, I think you recommended that one to me on a past status update. Thus far, I've held off on getting it, since I recall reading somewhere that it has glitched trophies. If I'm mistaken, please correct me.

It does, but only for the DLC. I ended up getting it anyhow, it looks good enough. Collapsed and Ascendance are also on the line in the broken-trophy-but-certainly-looking-good group... :)

• Like 1

On 2021-10-14 at 10:25 AM, visighost said:

The Council is a bit of a secret society for famous people (of 2-300 years ago) on a retreat. Think olden' times Bilderberg. I personally enjoyed the dialogue and politics, as well as the rpg-element for discussion choices, but you may definitely find it boring if you're not into it.

This is exactly why I’m interested in it! I love any kind of media based on history and politics, and always appreciate games that weave real life historical figures and events in to the setting, even if they’re highly fictionalized. This was one thing I always appreciated about the Assassin’s Creed series, or why a random game like Vampyr that wasn’t received that well by most (set during the bleak Spanish flu pandemic in post-war London) ended up being a big surprise hit for me. The historical backdrop always grabs my interest, even if the “history” is complete nonsense. ?

• Like 3

On 10/13/2021 at 10:41 AM, visighost said:

Has anyone here tried One Piece World Seeker? Reviews are fairly mediocre but it's pretty cheap for the complete edition...

I played World Seeker and i think it's meh. Gameplay can be pretty simple sometimes and the story is very forgettable. The game felt more like a tech demo for games like DBZ Kakarot, but at least the plat isn't too hard to get.

• Like 1