Road To The Olympics DLC has been delisted

HusKy

Originally reported by @MennoWoods2 but I'm making a separate thread because this would make 100% impossible - if you only use PSN store:

PSPrices is showing this DLC as "withdrawn from sale":

https://psprices.com/region-sk/game/1838594/steep-road-to-the-olympics

hEgKhK5.png

Also, I can't find this DLC in the stores (both EU and US). Does anyone have any info about this?

edit. PC platform links - still available:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/686890/Steep__Road_to_the_Olympics/

https://store.ubi.com/ie/steep-tm--road-to-the-olympics/59db7e4def3aa52d48bae851.html

These have been taken down as well.

edit2. Can't find it in the XBOX store either.

edit3. Info from @Aodir: some stores provide Winter Edition which includes this DLC, e.g. Brazilian PSN store:

https://store.playstation.com/pt-br/product/UP0001-CUSA05489_00-STEEPWINTERGMSBR/

(The DLC might not work on different account - see comments below.)

Edited by HusKy
  • Like 1

Still available on Steam and Ubi stores though - links in the first post. Hopefully it's just a technical issue or someone missclicked.

edit. Can't find it in the Xbox store either. ?

Edited by HusKy

I have had the Season Pass and RTTO in my wish list for quite some time now waiting for a sale. Especially with the winter season coming up, I thought for sure it would go on sale again. Not seeing RTTO in there anymore is low blow...

I've been eyeing up the Season Pass for this game for quite a while, but it is only now that I learnt that the last DLC is not even included, that sucks. Not to mention that it has been delisted, but at least in my country you can still buy the physical release with the Road to the Olympics DLC for 10 dollars.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, det_gittes said:

at least in my country you can still buy the physical release with the Road to the Olympics DLC for 10 dollars.

Steep Winter Games Edition (physical copy) includes the base game and a digital download code for the RTTO expansion. With the RTTO expansion being delisted, I'm not sure that code would even be recognized if you tried to use it now.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, GinjAJ said:

Steep Winter Games Edition (physical copy) includes the base game and a digital download code for the RTTO expansion. With the RTTO expansion being delisted, I'm not sure that code would even be recognized if you tried to use it now.

You're right, it would be great it someone could test it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GinjAJ said:

As long as it's not expired, it will work. I recently redeemed a Republique PS4 code and it has been delisted a while ago.

EDIT: If a brand new Winter Games Edition isn't an option for you, it's still available in the Brazil PSN store here. It includes Steep game + Road to The Olympics DLC and you can easily buy psn cards at nearly face value online. Should work with other US region DLC, might want to update the thread @HusKy.

Edited by Aodir

18 minutes ago, GinjAJ said:

Delisted doesn't mean removed from existence, just removed from the store. While there may be an example or two, I've never heard of codes not working because something was delisted. I've redeemed codes YEARS after delistings. 

Generally that's not how codes work. That is, even if the content is delisted, it is still "there" if you've paid for it, and by buying the code you are paying for it. Would be shocked to learn this one works differently but it's always possible.

Edit: Ninja'd x2.

Edited by RNumbers

On 10/13/2021 at 3:01 PM, GinjAJ said:

Today I picked up a pre-owned physical version from my local Gamestop and the code worked, so I got the DLC ? Not sure if the code was just unused, but you can definitely still claim the codes to download it.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Long-Ryde said:

Today I picked up a pre-owned physical version from my local Gamestop and the code worked, so I got the DLC 1f62c.png Not sure if the code was just unused, but you can definitely still claim the codes to download it.

Thanks for the heads-up :) I also just got it (a new copy) but it will only arrive in a few days.

• Like 1

Thanks for the heads up.

I bought a new copy of the game and the Olympics DLC pack from eBay for $12 including shipping.  

Honestly, not sure I will ever get to Steep because of my backlog but if I do, at least I know have the opportunity of playing the DLC.  If not, I can likely sell back for a profit as it will be in demand with the delisted DLC.

• Like 1

It's a great

On 10/14/2021 at 9:54 PM, djb5f said:

Thanks for the heads up.

I bought a new copy of the game and the Olympics DLC pack from eBay for $12 including shipping.  

Honestly, not sure I will ever get to Steep because of my backlog but if I do, at least I know have the opportunity of playing the DLC.  If not, I can likely sell back for a profit as it will be in demand with the delisted DLC.

I thought the same thing because of it's challenge, but I ended up checking it out out of boredom & wanting a hard game, and then finishing the challenges in a few days. It's great if you ever need a change of pace in what you're playing.

• Like 1

Never bothered picking up the Road to the Olympics DLC simply because it forces the dlc to only be usable with the account that purchased it (similar to how SF5 dlc works). If it could be used on other accounts on my system, like the rest of Steep's dlc, I would've picked it up a long time ago.

Grabbed my physical copy for 13 bucks. I think it got delisted because of the large amount of licensed music especially from big artists like Aphex Twin and Boards of Canada. Keeping that stuff up for long periods would be a licensing nightmare in itself, not even counting the Olympics branding! Great DLC and aforementioned soundtrack though.

Still kinda scummy of Ubisoft to not give any update as to when it was being delisted but that's the life of trophy hunting sometimes.

Edited by mighty_san1337

On 19/10/2021 at 3:41 PM, SegaJAM said:

Never bothered picking up the Road to the Olympics DLC simply because it forces the dlc to only be usable with the account that purchased it (similar to how SF5 dlc works). If it could be used on other accounts on my system, like the rest of Steep's dlc, I would've picked it up a long time ago.

100% sure about this? Can anyone else confirm this? Does that mean that even if I buy the game + DLC from the Brazil Store, I won't be able to use the RTTO content on my European account?