Road To The Olympics DLC has been delisted

HusKy

I succesfully redeemed a code for The Road to the Olympics DLC via the Playstation web store, but I can't seem to access/download it anywhere via the PS5 game store or the in-game menus.

Ubisoft support site also says "To comply with third party rights the Road to the Olympics downloadable content (DLC) is unfortunately no longer available. This means that the DLC content can no longer be activated and is no longer accessible in-game."

Any ideas?

2 minutes ago, TheJimmonator said:

I succesfully redeemed a code for The Road to the Olympics DLC via the Playstation web store, but I can't seem to access/download it anywhere via the PS5 game store or the in-game menus.

Ubisoft support site also says "To comply with third party rights the Road to the Olympics downloadable content (DLC) is unfortunately no longer available. This means that the DLC content can no longer be activated and is no longer accessible in-game."

Any ideas?

I played the DLC in March and had no issues. That was already many months after the DLC was delisted.

According to latest achievers, people are still playing this DLC and earning trophies.

1 minute ago, HusKy said:

I played the DLC in March and had no issues. That was already many months after the DLC was delisted.

According to latest achievers, people are still playing this DLC and earning trophies.

Hmm, where did you redeem the DLC code and how did it present itself to be downloadable/playable? I feel like I'm missing something!

1 hour ago, TheJimmonator said:

Hmm, where did you redeem the DLC code and how did it present itself to be downloadable/playable? I feel like I'm missing something!

It shows up as a DLC when I check details of Steep. It's 3.1MB -- probably only some sort of license file.

10 hours ago, HusKy said:

It shows up as a DLC when I check details of Steep. It's 3.1MB -- probably only some sort of license file.

Ah, got it! Thanks for your help, it was under ‘manage game content’. And for anyone in the EU wanting to get the DLC, I got it here for £4: https://www.kinguin.net/category/49236/steep-road-to-the-olympics-dlc-eu-ps4-cd-key

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

So I bought the Olympic version (NA) for 12 dollars and the code said it expired in 2099 or something crazy.  It worked and everything (my favorite of the dlc's, definitely recommend it).

There was another code, a preorder bonus for an Olympic mascot outfit, but it expired in 2018.   Never tried it, since it was expired and just an outfit.  But it also worked, so now I have some weird af animal costume.

Just thought I would share in case anyone was wondering if/when the code expired.  Was worried it would be expired when I bought it, but we've got a few more decades it appears.  Honestly steep will be offline and unobtainable long before the dlc is...

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Im in the UK, couldnt find a DLC code for sale anywhere, BUT did manage to find the "Winter Games" Edition full game for sale on Amazon. 

It came sealed with a code for this DLC, which worked fine for download and trophies

Il just trade the game back in at CEX or something to recoup a bit of the cost as its free with PS Plus Extra

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
20 minutes ago, Smiddster3 said:

Thinking about getting a physical copy off of eBay. Does the physical copy come with a dlc code insert in the box? or is it tied to the disc? Wanna make sure I need to buy an actual sealed copy or if any copy of the physical game will work. TIA.

It comes with a dlc code insert in the box.

• 4 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, TristanBrown17 said:

I also can confirm that I bought a copy of the Road to the Olympics version of Steep, and have access to the DLC. So that's a current available workaround. :)

Same here. I ordered off eBay, was careful to make sure it was in Sealed Brand New condition. The DLC code said its good for a number of years yet. So you're fine as long as you get an unused code.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/10/2021 at 6:45 PM, HusKy said:

Still available on Steam and Ubi stores though - links in the first post. Hopefully it's just a technical issue or someone missclicked.

edit. Can't find it in the Xbox store either. 1f630.png

I managed to purchase it for the uk on cd keys but had to pay £24.99 to make sure I got it ??‍♂️??‍♂️

• 1 month later...

I had to create amazon account and buy winter games and gold version from amazon de since i was not able to find them from game shops i buy often, after week getting shipped all way from Germany to Finland, i installed game and redeemed codes and it worked.

Edited by JereJuhani02

• 7 months later...

Just a heads up for anyone else who wants to get the DLC through the physical copy.. I don't know when it was changed (I suspect recently) but it doesn't work anymore.

Got my physical copy, 2 differnt codes (one for the DLC and for the mascot) and I can't redeem either of them.

Don't take the risk like me..

4 minutes ago, Ledgerson93 said:

Just a heads up for anyone else who wants to get the DLC through the physical copy.. I don't know when it was changed (I suspect recently) but it doesn't work anymore.

Got my physical copy, 2 differnt codes (one for the DLC and for the mascot) and I can't redeem either of them.

Don't take the risk like me..

I assume you are saying you bought a new/sealed copy?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, timpurnat said:

You sure if wasn't just resealed? Resellers sometimes do that

I finally figured out what happened.

I live in Europe, the game is not region locked but apparently the DLCs were locked to the Canadian PS Store.. I was wondering why there was French translation on it (no region was printed btw). How did that happen, I don't know.

Just my lucky, I guess the method still works but I am the unlucky one. lol

EDIT:

UPDATE: I actually made it work! I made a Canadian PSN account, I reedeem the codes and after a bit of work of restoring licenses etc etc, it finally worked. So if anybody ends up in my position, know there's a workaround.

Edited by Ledgerson93
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Ledgerson93 said:

I finally figured out what happened.

I live in Europe, the game is not region locked but apparently the DLCs were locked to the Canadian PS Store.. I was wondering why there was French translation on it (no region was printed btw). How did that happen, I don't know.

Just my lucky, I guess the method still works but I am the unlucky one. lol

EDIT:

UPDATE: I actually made it work! I made a Canadian PSN account, I reedeem the codes and after a bit of work of restoring licenses etc etc, it finally worked. So if anybody ends up in my position, know there's a workaround.

Good to know, thanks for the update 

• Like 1