Not getting the Robotics school story at all...

mike_87

got as far as just past the Round one of Robo Rally and thats it (50% complete). But the game is just not clicking at this point, i know you have to get to the enemy base as quick as possible with a line of blocks, so managed to get through a few of the matches but even so, im just getting slaughtered now and its hard to take in all these set ups people advise you to have on your robots etc. and many people recommend parts for the robots that I cant see available on the list. So i was wondering if someone could physically show me using shareplay and put me on the right track with this to be able to finish this story off? I agree with others too its definitely one of the worst minigames of the entire series. I am aware the game is fairly new hence there arent that many in depth guides around at the moment but theres bound to be a genius out there that really understands this lot. I am guessing its not possible to finish the entire robotics story with just your default layout either. Let me know if you can set me on the right track, thanks

I can't recall the exact model name but use the tank type as your main unit with hammer as the weapon and power motor. Use 2 speed type units that prioritize capturing blocks as your other 2 with shield as the weapon and speed motor. Basically the strategy is to focus on laying the path with your main unit while letting the ai robots collecting blocks. If enemy robots try to attack your main unit you can easily one shot them with the hammer. For chips use increase melee damage/decrease physical damage/decrease range damage for your main unit. Increase move speed/increase turn speed/decrease enemy territory effect for your ai robots. Upgrade motor/battery/model whenever there is a new one and you shouldn't have a problem beating them. Also game difficulty affects how hard this minigame is so if you are having trouble setting to lowest difficulty also helps.

21 hours ago, mike_87 said:

I am guessing its not possible to finish the entire robotics story with just your default layout either.

If you're going for completion you have to craft one of every part anyway (just like drone racing), so best to take it slow and upgrade every time new parts are available.

I assume there are a lot of strats that work but personally I just kept it simple. I did the entire thing blind, no guides, and was able to 100% it all no problem. So my strat should work for anyone. Speed body on the robot you control, second type of body (the one that looks like a robot standing up) for your 2 other robots. Specifically always giving them the one that had their AI built into the robot itself. That AI focuses on killing enemies but will still pick up blocks sometimes. I gave one of them a hammer and the other a sniper rifle. Fill in your mod slots with whatever you like, I usually just went with more damage. Oh I used a hammer on my robot as well but I rarely had to actually fight anything.

That worked for every single match for me. And it's especially effective when your team mates can one shot enemies. If you can take out all 3 enemy robots and there is an empty field your AI robots will literally spawn camp the other team and you have the field to yourself to just build a line to their base. Not exactly a fancy setup but I did not lose a single match once I started using that setup, and most matches ended very quickly. Even the highest ranked battles you don't unlock until finishing the story.

I took much the same approach as ZenaxPure . My main robot was the one that looked like a car and was fast, the other two were gun wielding robots which started off with melee weapons and then both had guns when available. I made all three super fast and pretty much breezed through with this setup. As things progressed I concentrated my robot on being able to move fast and be hardy and to not get slowed down on enemy tiles.

Be sure to look at the list in practice matches section of the robot menu. This caught me out very early on in the robot storyline as I couldn’t work out how to get parts that I needed to craft certain upgrades. The practice list offers fights against teams who don’t appear in the main storyline and these fights reward you with some materials that you can’t get in early storyline missions. Some of these you can Farm super quick to get to two gun wielding robots quicker etc.

good luck

Ive done it now thanks, it was quite a headache, i just about scraped by, it seems best to just try the luck approach and just build a line to the enemy base, that was how i got through it in the end, it seemed hardest during the middle part of the story, the courses at the end felt much easier and better laid out