What? (Game / trophy thoughts)

visighost

I went from being terrified by the game icon to laughing out loud at the trailer to being actually interested in trying it out (especially if the live action scenes are in!). Steam reviews stand at 96% positive… Not sure if it’s because it’s so bad it’s good, but I’ll take the trophy icons (and intentional typos?) as a sign it’s all wink-wink-nudge-nudge.

It’s Puppet Combo, their games are great. They made “The Glass Staircase” and “NightRipper”, and those games are excellent. I found out about Puppet Combo when I watched Super Best Friends play “Powerdrill Massacre” years ago. 

This being a Puppet Combo, game is pretty short and simple. Got the Prologue, that starts off like the beginning from Silent Hill 3 (the mall past the nightmare segment) and then besides Prologue, got the main game which takes place in a house. If playing blindly, game is still short, should take around an hour and a half, maybe 2 hours at most.

I hope they port their other games soon, they already got an impressive catalogue. I did wish they’d port the other games via a bundle, I own a physical CD for PC that has some of their first old games, it’s like a Volume 1 disc. 

• Like 1

Love this game, I look forward to do my <25 minute run tonight. I think these trophies are glitched (in a good way!) though. I got the trophy for completing the game in less than 60 minutes, but it took me 2 hours or so? 

I also got the trophy for supposedly completing the game without dying, but I died once?

This adventure was a whole lot of fun though glitched at times.

If you have Invert Look turned on in FPS mode, die or reload, the Invert Look setting functionally reverts back to an Uninverted state but the menu still says it is Inverted. Just pausing and unpausing sets it back to your desired setting.

Also, at least in FPS mode, setting the button mappings does nothing. I mapped multiple custom buttons in the settings and it didn't map at all.

Either way very enjoyable and appreciate that they brought this game to consoles. Look forward to more Puppet Combo.

This was a blast! The trophies are definitely glitched though. It took me closer to 2 hours but I got Short Film. Must have something to do with reloading your save? I died at the end and had to reload. Sometimes I noticed my save game time didn't make sense either.

For Bookworm I also had to go back and play through the Prologue and main game again, since reloading and getting the child's note that I missed wasn't working. No worries since it's very short when you know what to do. Kinda funny, in the Prologue when you hide beneath the desk, the game glitched and I got stuck in a wall. The bunny just stared at the desk until I walked through the wall and he grabbed me.

• Like 1

Yeah, for some reason I also got the Short Film trophy, though I very much doubt I finished it that quickly. I wonder if it has to do with reloading the save, or using different save slots since there are 3 save slots? Final boss killed me like 10 times before I realized I could find a First Aid Kit somewhere. The timestamps on the saved games never made much sense to me.

• 5 months later...

I just picked this up cos cheap. Got a chance to play it with Babylon's being down for maintenance to add in the Nier colab and I gotta say. Murder House is fucking incredible. Awesome game, the music is so anxiety inducing it's unreal lol. Will definitely be picking up more Puppetcombo games if they come to console. Loved this one.

5 minutes ago, Cobbsquatch said:

I just picked this up cos cheap. Got a chance to play it with Babylon's being down for maintenance to add in the Nier colab and I gotta say. Murder House is fucking incredible. Awesome game, the music is so anxiety inducing it's unreal lol. Will definitely be picking up more Puppetcombo games if they come to console. Loved this one.

Nun Massacre just came out, it has a plat too and it's much cheaper, well worth checking out imo.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...