Hardboiled Writer glitched?

whassupbun

Edit: Solution - If this trophy glitched on you when you know you should have unlocked it, give it a day or two, it will synch after a while.

Hi people, so I just finished the game on Normal on the PS5, saw the "Departure" and "Hardboiled Writer" trophies popped and thought "cool, now onto Nightmare difficulty". I even have the image and video capture to prove Hardboiled Writer unlocked during the credit roll:

MV0IzXo.jpeg

Then I went to sync my trophies but noticed Hardboiled Writer is still locked (see photo below):

1PpAb8U.jpeg

The trophy description got me worried. "Hard difficulty"? There's no Hard difficulty to select when I start a new game, only Easy, Normal, and Nightmare.

So then I came to this site to double check, and found the trophy description is different again, no mention of any "Hard difficulty", and Hardboiled Writer is still locked, even though I already completed the game on Normal:

3lMkkfn.png

I already tried signing off and on several times and re-syncing my trophies, no dice.

I started my Nightmare playthrough just now and am hoping it will sort itself out when I finish the game. Did anyone experience this weird glitch? Did it work out in the end?

Edited by whassupbun
Added new info

On 14/10/2021 at 11:59 AM, whassupbun said:

Hi people, so I just finished the game on Normal on the PS5, saw the "Departure" and "Hardboiled Writer" trophies popped and thought "cool, now onto Nightmare difficulty". I even have the image and video capture to prove Hardboiled Writer unlocked during the credit roll:

MV0IzXo.jpeg

Then I went to sync my trophies but noticed Hardboiled Writer is still locked (see photo below):

1PpAb8U.jpeg

The trophy description got me worried. "Hard difficulty"? There's no Hard difficulty to select when I start a new game, only Easy, Normal, and Nightmare.

So then I came to this site to double check, and found the trophy description is different again, no mention of any "Hard difficulty", and Hardboiled Writer is still locked, even though I already completed the game on Normal:

3lMkkfn.png

I already tried signing off and on several times and re-syncing my trophies, no dice.

I started my Nightmare playthrough just now and am hoping it will sort itself out when I finish the game. Did anyone experience this weird glitch? Did it work out in the end?

How did it pop for you in the end mate, I checked your profile and see it's synched.....??

I think it can happen on PS5 at times, and you need to pop another trophy for it to synch, is that when it synched for you to the servers, when u popped another trophy?

I've been hit with the same bug, with me though, I popped the Hard, Nightmare and Platinum Trophy all at once, but the Hard trophy is not synched even though I hav platinum XD, u will see if u check my profile.

I have it recorded popping anyway, just annoying though.

Hope I don't see it happen again

6 hours ago, Optinooby said:

How did it pop for you in the end mate, I checked your profile and see it's synched.....??

I think it can happen on PS5 at times, and you need to pop another trophy for it to synch, is that when it synched for you to the servers, when u popped another trophy?

I've been hit with the same bug, with me though, I popped the Hard, Nightmare and Platinum Trophy all at once, but the Hard trophy is not synched even though I hav platinum XD, u will see if u check my profile.

I have it recorded popping anyway, just annoying though.

Hope I don't see it happen again

Yeah it resolved itself after a day. I thought it was glitched so I moved on to another game, then came on here and noticed the trophy is synced. So I'm back working on the DLC and 100% now.

Mine didn't unlock yesterday after Completing Nightmare Difficulty on my 2nd Playthrough. In order to get it to pop I hit CONTINUE on the Main Menu after watching the Credits. Once I loaded in and did some of the final section from that last checkpoint the Trophy unlocked.

As this was my 2nd Playthrough I was playing with the REMASTERED commentary ON, when I loaded the checkpoint I disabled it..So i am not sure if that affected it, or if the Trophy is just glitchy.

This was on the PS5 - All other Trophies have unlocked fine so far - I just have the Coffee, signs and TV show trophies left to get in the main game.