Holy shit getting S Rank on Tea Splasher (Hard) is no joke...

Anybody that got through it have some tips? I don't really play a lot of rhythm games like Osu and this mini game is frustrating lol. The amount of button overlap is insane to me. The best I can manage was an A, just short of the S rank indicated from the gauge at the top.

Edit: Aaaand I just managed to beat it. Guess posting here was the trick lol. Took me about 30 minutes of attempts.

Edited by PostGameBlues
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Guys I finally managed to get this trophy today so I'll give you all my tips.

Like Powerpyx said on their guide, it's all a matter of practice. Play the minigame once of twice, and then stop for a few minutes to rest since it can be unforgiving to your hands.

1) Sit straight, with the controller between your legs so you hold it tighter.

2) Use two fingers: the thumb to press O and X, and the index of your left hand to press Triangle and Square. It's faster than counting on only your thumb.

3) Practice the starting sequence until you master it. This is the bulk of your run and building your combo here is important. Also the sequence never changes so you can use it to your advantage. The start is O X Square Triangle and a sequence of 3 fast presses of each buttom. If you lose any of this START OVER. There's no point in going on. This is the easiest part so you need to master it.

4) The most important tip of all: stay calm. Don't get desperate when you see a lot of 3 sequences on the second half, and I ruined 90% of my runs when I got desperate with too many symbols flying on the screen. If you lose the timming of the first 3 sequence SKIP IT. It's not worth it trying to get the next ones because YOUR TIMMING WILL BE OFF.

EX:

You'll see 3 OOO right next to each other, but you missed the first O. IT'S NOT WORTH IT TRYING TO GET THE OTHER TWO. TRY TO GET THE OTHER SYMBOLS. This one worked for me on my last try, it may not work 100% but it may or may not work for you.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I was incredibly surprised when I got this over the weekend. I had 7 "bad" marks (mostly at the end). I honestly thought I was getting a B rank with that many bads. My advice would be to focus on as many Greats as you can at the start to get a huge combo bonus, then don't restart even if you think you had too many bads. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got the S rank with one player it took me about twenty tries, I got the gourd breaker on hard first try, even if you fail some of the mini game rhythm game you'll still get an S rank it doesn't have to be perfect. If you're not at an S rank when there is two circles left then you need to restart. 

• 11 months later...

Just accomplished the Gourd and Tea Splasher (normal and hard) earlier. The gourd one was suprisingly easier on hard for me for some reason but man-tea splasher took me about 2-3 hours with watery eyes lol 

For anyone struggling with tea splasher and you're trying to solo it, I found it best to break it into 4 parts and master them individually and then bring it together and hope for the best. Hope this helps someone!