The racetrack is going to stop me getting the platinum

I despise racing games, this game is not a racing game, it has awful driving controls and then has two items required for fabrication for the Homo Faber trophy locked behind beating times trial with said awful driving. 

I'd been enjoying the go for platinum until realising I'd need to do the racetrack stuff and it's a shame to have it ruined that way. 

• Like 1

On 10/14/2021 at 11:25 AM, Kotiro_ said:

I despise racing games, this game is not a racing game, it has awful driving controls and then has two items required for fabrication for the Homo Faber trophy locked behind beating times trial with said awful driving. 

I'd been enjoying the go for platinum until realising I'd need to do the racetrack stuff and it's a shame to have it ruined that way. 

I am probably the worst...yes worst... racing game player that has actually ever existed.. I despise racing games.. i think the people who make and create racing games should be punished...

that being said I got thru this relatively easily... stay on boost the whole time except for the few tight corners let it off and then get back on it. you only need to do the 4 speedster races..F the rest... I found the 2 long track races took fewer tries than the 2 short tracks

Edited by DaivRules
  • Like 3

I totally felt the same way while attempting this very strange inclusion to the game, but it really does come down to finding the best path and knowing when to restart. After you finish the first lap, the phantom of your past lap will race with you which is a pretty standard inclusion to most racing games. This was the most helpful part of attempting to beat these records for me, in addition with the constant boost of course. Once I would get down a good lap, preferably one under 1 minute for the 3ish minute goals or 1:20 minutes for the 4ish minute goals, I would watch that phantom carefully and follow its every move. If I messed up and saw that my phantom got far ahead of me and my time was going to dip well below a minute or a minute and 20 seconds, I would instantly restart the race again because that would undoubtedly throw off my total time. I hadn't touched the base game since I platinumed it nearly a year and a half ago, so doing a few lengthy or heavy standard deliveries and getting a hang of the very touchy driving controls again helped a lot. Use these phantoms to your advantage, practice getting used to the drifting mechanics, and keep on keeping on!

And I do like to call it a Phantom because the racing in this game is a Pain :P

• Like 2

I thought I was going to be in for some pain after the first roadster course. First course took about 7 attempts. However, after that it was smooth sailing. Probably more to do with knowing the mechanics, how the car performs etc. 2nd roadster course got it 1st try. 3rd roadster course got it 3rd try. 4th roadster course got it 1st try. But yes, as a whole I hate time trial type trophies.

Forgive me but I'm a little confused here: I don't see any trophies related to the racing track? Now I've spent no time with it in the DC and know pretty much nothing of it but I don't see any specific trophies listed for it or any others that would relate to it?

I did do it eventually but took over an hour, almost two, on the first one to get within the time for S rank. After that the long course was actually almost easy but the short course ones were just so unforgiving. But thanks for all the advice and hope it helps others who read it. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I was kinda scared reading this thread but it was super easy. I restarted race 3 times total over all four courses because game physics stopped me when I touched a wall. Did first short circuit on my first try, lol.

Just don't break, have boost at all time and in corners let go of gas. Super easy!

Edited by Terminus124
  • Like 1

edit: no longer needed 

So I just did all 4 races and it was actually very easy. 
If you are struggling I would recommend to do the races in first person (press L1 as soon as you get control). 
In first person I could take nearly all corners without braking or even letting go of the gas. 

I would also recommend to turn of the ghost. It only distracts and if you keep an eye on your lap times (under 1 minute in the short race, under 1m14 in the long race) it really isn’t needed. 

You got this!

Edited by Larzz
  • Like 3

Turned out to be more doable than expected. My first attempts where terreble and I got scared for a sec.

But the tips here helped, just keep boosting and only let go of the gas when needed. One final point of personal advise in race 11 I used O to drift as wel.

There was one corner I had realy trouble with getting trough fast and once I manualy drifted there it went super smooth!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/11/2021 at 6:43 AM, Larzz said:

If you are struggling I would recommend to do the races in first person (press L1 as soon as you get control). 
In first person I could take nearly all corners without braking or even letting go of the gas. 

I would also recommend to turn of the ghost. It only distracts and if you keep an eye on your lap times (under 1 minute in the short race, under 1m14 in the long race) it really isn’t needed. 

You got this!

That first person tick worked great! Didn’t have to worry about lining up the roadster, just pull left or right, thanks!

• 8 months later...
On 14/10/2021 at 11:40 AM, PhantomFear94 said:

You need to boost the entire time. Never not boost, ever, even in turns if you can help it. I usually turn whilst boosting by letting go of R2, rather than letting go of boost an/or braking, and rarely crashed. You can handbrake with circle on turns with the orange 'drift' text if you think its too tight.

If you're still struggling, let go of boost in the corners and immediately re-engage when you feel its safe to do so. It's better to be slightly slower in corners than crash, as it takes an absurd amount of time to get back on the track.

Also, the long versions are easier than the short versions - you get more time for error, and IMO the turns are easier. Just keep at it. You'll get it, its only 4 races you need to do. I don't think a single track every took me more than 2-3 attempts, and I never failed the long versions, only the short, which don't have tons of room for error. 

THIS!!!! Do all of this.  Thanks to your tip I S-ranked all but the first on my first attempt. 

Edited by Fr_0zt

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/11/2021 at 5:43 PM, Larzz said:

You got this!

There are some good tips in this thread but this one made the difference for me. First person is how I play racing games and was struggling with the racing in this, until I came across your comment. Had no idea there was a first person mode! First attempt in first person - S rank. Thanks for the advice!