The racetrack is going to stop me getting the platinum

On 14.10.2021 at 5:35 PM, craig_obviously said:

I am probably the worst...yes worst... racing game player that has actually ever existed.. I despise racing games.. i think the people who make and create racing games should be punished...

that being said I got thru this relatively easily... stay on boost the whole time except for the few tight corners let it off and then get back on it. you only need to do the 4 speedster races..F the rest... I found the 2 long track races took fewer tries than the 2 short tracks

Don't bash racing games

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

This thread had me really worried about Homo Faber so I saved the roadster blueprints until the absolute last. Turns out the races are very easy. The camera is annoying, but the handling is forgiving and the drift mechanic, specifically how you can snap the car back into control so easily, made it pretty simple. Got an S rank on the first race on my third try, one tricky turn to learn on race two, then got an S rank on races 3 and 4 first try.

Don't pass on the plat because of this trophy! It's not difficult.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I was dreading this, and aside from the 4/5 star challenge, I managed every other S rank first try including the 5/5 star challenge.

My tips (albeit obvious, they help):

• Note the S rank time in the race screen. Divide it by three to note your target lap time.
  • Your first lap will be about 2 seconds slower than laps 2 and 3.
  • Boost ASAP and only turn it off for tight corners 
  • Lifting off the accelerator will slow you down without needing to hit the brake or turning off boost and if you don't wait too long before hitting the accelerator will maintain boost
  • Turn off the ghost, it's really distracting in your third lap (laps 2 and 3 will be identical lap times) and the ghost can make it harder to tell how close to the red walls you are
  • Don't hit the walls. Obvious I know but unless you're on lap three last corner, just restart. I was able to take one minor wall hit per run and still hit S rank.
  • Aim for kiting the corners close to the apex, then floor it.
  • Not sure if there's an actual drift, but letting go of the accelerator and turning seems to maintain speed and control
  • Go with the flow. It's a sort of "turn your brain off / don't overthink it / use the force" kinda thing. Aside from sharp corners (with the orange marker on them), most of the tracks have a smooth flow. Once you're in the zone, you'll know it.

• 2 months later...

I saved the races for last…. As a reward for grinding through the other trophies :) 

I’m not the best racing game player but I’ve had my fair share of fun with them whether it be Gran Turismo, Need for speed, Dirt, F1, etc. Anyone who has played even 1 racing game before should have no problem with this. 

Although fun, these races are a joke. Too easy and not challenging at all. I must say however that I love how I could now cruise around the world in style as all the roads are now complete and I wouldn’t have to visit hard to reach hermits because everyone’s at 5 stars lol. 

• 8 months later...

Finished the Platinum tonight and yeah, the races are annoying, mostly because the car handles like shit. Persistence is key and once you get the hang of it then getting S rank shouldn’t be too hard. It took me about 90 minutes to get it done, and I hate driving games so I’m not experienced with that sort of thing.

One thing I found useful was to turn off the camera auto-position setting in the race menu. It drove me nuts having the camera adjusting all the time and personally it was easier for me when I just adjusted it myself on the fly. Also disable the race music if you find it distracting.

Don’t know why they felt compelled to add racing into what’s otherwise a pretty cool, post-apocalyptic game, but it is what it is.

15 hours ago, veryrareoriginal said:

You all struggled with the races? Are you serious?

No, people are just posting for shits and giggles. Welcome to a world where not everyone is as leet as you must be.

Edited by Swotam