Plague Inc. The Cure DLC Guide

Anordinarybloke

• 2 weeks later...

For those who are having any trouble with unlocking the Bio-Weapon type plague I suggest having a look at Pravus' playlist on youtube below. I used these to get through normal on the first try.

This bloke knows his stuff and I used his guides for the base game if you need it for those as well.

Enjoy ?

Edited by AnOrdinaryBloke
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, AnOrdinaryBloke said:

For those who are having any trouble with unlocking the Bio-Weapon type plague I suggest having a look at Pravus' playlist on youtube below. I used these to get through normal on the first try.

This bloke knows his stuff and I used his guides for the base game if you need it for those as well.

Enjoy 1f44d.png

Thanks for this, it will come in handy :). I'm having a lot of trouble with the Nano Virus due to how quickly it spreads :(.

29 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Thanks for this, it will come in handy :). I'm having a lot of trouble with the Nano Virus due to how quickly it spreads :(.

Quarantine immediately. Just upgrade your cash benefits and keep them isolated. I had no spread and just kept them inside isolating with bribes.

2 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

By Quarantine, do you mean full continental Lockdown for the affected region?

Yes, everything. Lockdown, land, sea and air borders. In my scenario, Central Africa infected first and i immediately locked them down. For the duration of the game no other continent was infected. They were annoyed that they were locked down but i gave them assurance and handouts until all of Africa died out.

On 10/29/2021 at 9:15 PM, AnOrdinaryBloke said:

Yes, everything. Lockdown, land, sea and air borders. In my scenario, Central Africa infected first and i immediately locked them down. For the duration of the game no other continent was infected. They were annoyed that they were locked down but i gave them assurance and handouts until all of Africa died out.

Having played a handful of games of cure mode, my experience is exactly the opposite of yours. I've found that the entire quarantine tab is good for nothing but wasting my resources and destroying my authority, and no matter how many yellow options I purchase the disease always breaks out and spreads to the rest of the world.

The problem is, these guides are out of date, the cure has been patched a few times since initial release.  This is most noticable in the nano virus mode, where Kill Code Super Computing went from costing 25, to 35, to 30, but it's far from the only change.

Even on regular Brutal, a Mega Brutal Guide may not work out.  So I think before we can have a reliable guide, we need to wait for the constant hotfixing to die down a bit.

16 minutes ago, g34hgfggn said:

The problem is, these guides are out of date, the cure has been patched a few times since initial release.  This is most noticable in the nano virus mode, where Kill Code Super Computing went from costing 25, to 35, to 30, but it's far from the only change.

Even on regular Brutal, a Mega Brutal Guide may not work out.  So I think before we can have a reliable guide, we need to wait for the constant hotfixing to die down a bit.

Even with some differences, the videos in Post 2, worked just fine for me when going for the 100% a few days ago :).

14 minutes ago, g34hgfggn said:

The ONE video that only addressed the Bacteria?  I mean, Bacteria is easy, you can just use a normal strategy and beat it, even without advisors.

I did try Pravus' Nano Virus one, it didn't seem to help, I got just as "close" as I always do.

That video is also the link to a playlist which contains videos for every disease in the DLC. I used the ones for the Nano Virus and Bio Weapon and completed them first try with no issues, after spending hours trying to do just the Nano Virus via other worthless Guides: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLNn7c31H7NjlS8L8VJPRPLF2ch4cmGj0q

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.

15 minutes ago, FocusDR said:

Has this game ever gone on sale? Currently £11.99 on the UK store.. I wouldn’t pay that much but I’d love to play one day 

This was last on sale late last month but it gets discounted semi frequently so you shouldn't have to wait long for another sale.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

• 2 weeks later...

So I DID the Nano-Virus on Brutal the other day but just focusing more on Contact Tracing.  I think I largely followed Praus' guide, except for that, and the fact I used the fundraisers and advisors to speed up the Kill Code.

Interestingly, it didn't take me too many tries to get BioWeapon Brutal.  Didn't need Extreme Measures or lockdowns, just let it spread and censorship/fake news once it starts quickly engulfing the world population.  Got Doomsday Save naturally this way.