Sync online trophies earned back when servers were still up?

yak0_master_666

Hello everyone, I doubt anyone will read this as the game is more or less dead now, but I wondered if its safe to sync my ps3 trophies with the server? I earned a few LBP2 trophies a long time ago but never actually bothered to sync my ps3 with the network. Now that the servers are down and you cant get the online trophies anymore, will I get flagged or something if I sync these online trophies now? Because...I earned them back when it was possible, but maybe some guy at sony sees I got an online trophy even though it shouldnt be possible as of now and I get banned?
I would be thankful if someone had experience with that issue already, doesn't have to be necessarily LBP2 but some other online game that got its servers shut down...

Just now, yak0_master_666 said:

Hello everyone, I doubt anyone will read this as the game is more or less dead now, but I wondered if its safe to sync my ps3 trophies with the server? I earned a few LBP2 trophies a long time ago but never actually bothered to sync my ps3 with the network. Now that the servers are down and you cant get the online trophies anymore, will I get flagged or something if I sync these online trophies now? Because...I earned them back when it was possible, but maybe some guy at sony sees I got an online trophy even though it shouldnt be possible as of now and I get banned?
I would be thankful if someone had experience with that issue already, doesn't have to be necessarily LBP2 but some other online game that got its servers shut down...

You'll want to discuss it with one of the Cheater Removers, who have the final say: https://forum.psnprofiles.com/staff/

2 hours ago, Squirlruler said:

Unlikely anything would happen with Sony. However, you would most likely be flagged if you sync those trophies now. You had internet connection to earn those online trophies but purposefully didn't sync? Yea. Red flag.

If they did earn them legit, since they were online trophies, the timestamps should just show up as correct wouldn't they? You would be able to see if they were edited.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MrHealthy said:

If they did earn them legit, since they were online trophies, the timestamps should just show up as correct wouldn't they? You would be able to see if they were edited.

Sync your trophies when you earn them. Syncing super late online only trophies is a huge red flag.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Squirlruler said:

Sync your trophies when you earn them. Syncing super late online only trophies is a huge red flag.

Obviously that is ideal. But I am not talking about what looks sketchy.

I am saying that in a legit situation it shouldn't cause any timestamp issues.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MrHealthy said:

Obviously that is ideal. But I am not talking about what looks sketchy.

I am saying that in a legit situation it shouldn't cause any timestamp issues.

Legit or not, late syncing is indistinguishable from CFW usage and causes a lot of headaches for the CRT (see the Timestamp Manipulation section of the rules): 

• Like 1

Flaggable Offenses

Timestamp Synchronization Manipulation

Trophies should appear on your profile as they would “if they immediately synced to the PlayStation Network.” Do not manipulate timestamps by:

Purposely waiting extended periods of time to sync your trophies in a manner that appears to break other listed rules.

The problem is, doing this mimics someone just using custom firmware and editing in a date that was possible, and checks off every CFW indicator there is. If it's a few days late, its probably okay. Offline games being synced late (to an extent) is okay.

However, extremely late after servers being closed is almost always going to be flagged. (unless you can provide a very convincing video or something, with a update date matching your claim it was actually done back then).

4 minutes ago, TheRedMaverick said:

Can you even choose to not sync a single game? I was under the impression it's either you sync all your trophies or none of them. If you've earned trophies for other games recently, wouldn't that mean that LBP2 would be forced to sync too?

This is my understanding of it as well unless I'm missing something

I have ‘with my devil dogs’ for bfbc unlocked on a separate ps3 that I purposely haven’t synced because I haven’t got time to go for that game for some time and don’t want it on my profile. When I eventually do go for it I will sync and it will be the correct time stamp (which from memory is Oct 2020). Sounds like your situation is similar so you will be fine. It’s not cheating and you shouldn’t be flagged realistically. 

22 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Two of the Cheater Removers have said no, it won't be unless they say it will.

Seems a little unfair to flag when it’s something legit. Cheater removal team shouldn’t abuse power. 

so when I decide to go for bfbc and sync those trophies to my profile will I get reported and flagged? Because that would be abusing power if so. I’ve broken no rules of Sony. I just purposely didn’t sync the trophies and haven’t switched that console on since. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, boromir120 said:

Seems a little unfair to flag when it’s something legit. Cheater removal team shouldn’t abuse power. 

so when I decide to go for bfbc and sync those trophies to my profile will I get reported and flagged? Because that would be abusing power if so. I’ve broken no rules of Sony. I just purposely didn’t sync the trophies and haven’t switched that console on since. 

This website isn't Sony and therefore has its own rules. I happen to agree with you, but if two of the CRT members say it's an issue, they're more or less the final authority on the matter.

2 minutes ago, RNumbers said:

This website isn't Sony and therefore has its own rules. I happen to agree with you, but if two of the CRT members say it's an issue, they're more or less the final authority on the matter.

Is it any wonder all I hear and see is people leaving this site for others. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, boromir120 said:

This site is not affiliated with Sony. The leaderboard here is completely contrived for this site and has it's own rules.

There is a significant difference you're overlooking in comparing your situations and your situation isn't as similar as you're making it out to be.

Oh boy, this escalated rather quickly... But I guess I just use a different profile on my ps3 on which I didnt play the game and log with my account there and continue playing on that profile, syncing and all, then I should be safe, right? That should be possible, I think... I have way too many profiles on it anyway...
Thanks for the responses though!

51 minutes ago, boromir120 said:

I won't go into too much detail, but one of the uses of CFW on modded consoles is being able to enter in "any" date for a trophy timestamp, including those from the past. The rule is designed as a measure for someone who attempts to do this on games where servers are shut down or trophies are no longer obtainable, and then uses an excuse, "Well I didn't sync the online only trophies, but decided to 10 years later. Itz 'possible' and LeGiT hahahahaaahh now I demand you unflag me."  There's times we can be 100% certain backdated stamps are legitimate (or not), and others where its only 99.9% certainty one way or the other. Either scenario, it's really not wanted.

46 minutes ago, boromir120 said:

Is it any wonder all I hear and see is people leaving this site for others. 

I'll also mention pretty much every trophy site has a policy similar to this.

It's sort of similar to the argument, "I broke no Sony rules by formatting my Playstation's hard drive without syncing my trophies, and then used my backed up save file to earn trophies out of order or impossibly fast compared to 'normal' play styles."  

I've gone into more detail in the past, but if you go by "What's possible with Sony" then everything (literally) is possible on a trophy list, and it'd become beyond meaningless or realistically possible to detect cheaters.

@boromir120 If you sync your trophies now, you won't be flagged, since the trophy is still obtainable, but don't do it after the servers close.

Edited by B1rvine
  • Like 1

If the OP hasn't created this thread and would proceed to syncing the trophies without letting everyone know, no one would've noticed, right?

If the OP has legit timestamps with a proper date that goes back to the time when the servers were still up, the website would place the OP in the trophy lists according to the timestamps and there would still be people who got the trophies after the OP. Therefore, the OP wouldn't appear as someone who has JUST obtained the trophies.

It's basically like when a user enters and then exits a private mode (disappears from the PSNP trophy lists first and then appears again), if I'm not mistaken? The website would track user's timestamps and place them in the trophy lists according to the date they received the trophies, not according to the time they did the sync.

Or can the website track this properly?

Just now, N1cktim said:

Or can the website track this properly?

The game would appear at the top of their trophy profile, and that could lead to someone flagging them.

The real issue with this is "we can't prove you cheated, but we're flagging you anyway".

• Like 1

You earned every online trophy on little big planet 2

What takes some good time.....but the game isn't on your account?

How many ps3 do you have....why suddently you after a lot of time that the server are down....you want to sync ...now?

And most dam important....why you didn't sync them in so much time having inthernet access by doing the online?

Man....you aren't going to sync already earned trophies,we all now what you gonna do 

Edited by AmazingNoeder

34 minutes ago, Helyx said:

The game would appear at the top of their trophy profile, and that could lead to someone flagging them.

The real issue with this is "we can't prove you cheated, but we're flagging you anyway".

I m not talking about this guy

But of other one that i will flagg myself for something similar,i know he is hacking trophies anyway,lets suppose i don't

Do you believe that someone,would have a game with 2% on his account for 5 years.....and syncing the game  with 100% of the trophies 5 yers later?

What happened was

August 21 2021 game x have 2% completion for 2016

August 22 2021 game is 100% completed with 10% of the last trophies earned in August 22 2021 and all others in lower dates.....

Do you really believe this isn't timestamps manipulation?

Before you ask,CRT can know on this case that in August 21 he have only 2%.....

All the timestamps are "possible" what a Great thing hum?

So in most of the cases (99,9% lets say)that people are Flagged for this.... believe on me man ,the guys are guilty,if Crt have 1% of doubt i believe they will not Flagg

This dude made this time traveler job with some games

Let's suppose that he didn't mess up with the timestamps,do you believe he is being unfairly Flagged?

42 minutes ago, Helyx said:

LBP2 servers died in April or May iirc. Why this guy would wait 6 months to sync such trophies?

I mean it, servers are down. If you got the trophy prior to the shutdown why would you risk the chance of your ps3 simply corrupting or dying with legit unobtainable trophies in there?

Moreover this guy has synced many ps3 games over the last couple months, which mean he would need to have a 2nd ps3 where the LBP2 trophies have been waiting magically to be synced after at least 6 months.

Lol dude, that's a 99.99% that he will simply CFW his way to LBP2 online trophies.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, EdinhoN said:

LBP2 servers died in April or May iirc. Why this guy would wait 6 months to sync such trophies?

I mean it, servers are down. If you got the trophy prior to the shutdown why would you risk the chance of your ps3 simply corrupting or dying with legit unobtainable trophies in there?

Moreover this guy has synced many ps3 games over the last couple months, which mean he would need to have a 2nd ps3 where the LBP2 trophies have been waiting magically to be synced after at least 6 months.

Lol dude, that's a 99.99% that he will simply CFW his way to LBP2 online trophies.

That's exactly what i meant,i m just Terrible with words,just love to see people blaming CRT to being "abusing his powers" in such a obvious case....

• 3 weeks later...

With the sync 10 years later thing and then it shows at the very top of profile, theres a contradiction too. People that have an older dates of trophy but it showing at the very top is because of cfw making it possible like that. And that guy yak0 might have had a secret in between. The older date of trophy 100% earned being at the very top of a completed trophy game shouldn't be all the way at the top even if synced late. It should be at the bottom of those old decade ago dates. Only a certain modder of cfw has a thing to change the date to a different and it brings the game to the very top regardless of date.