Can I change skill set when I finish first playthrough?

blueice48

I'm near the end of my first run

I wanna do the next difficulty with the same character as Im a high level

but I want to change my two masteries, can this be done? Or would I have to create a new character to change skills

Also would it be significantly harder to do epic and legendary with a new character rather than my imported one? 

You can't change your masteries. You can only reallocate your skill points in exchange for money. If you want to try out other masteries you have to create a new char.

Also you can only access epic difficulty with a char who has done normal before. Same goes for legendary difficulty. You need to clear epic first. 

Hope that helps :)

• Like 1

On 16/10/2021 at 7:50 AM, Sardavanua said:

You can't change your masteries. You can only reallocate your skill points in exchange for money. If you want to try out other masteries you have to create a new char.

Also you can only access epic difficulty with a char who has done normal before. Same goes for legendary difficulty. You need to clear epic first. 

Hope that helps :)

Thanks, that makes sense

Would it be more difficult to do epic and legendary with a new character rather than my imported one?

4 hours ago, blueice48 said:

Thanks, that makes sense

Would it be more difficult to do epic and legendary with a new character rather than my imported one?

Hmmm I'm not sure if I understand your question correctly. 

As I said you can't play on epic or legendary with a new character. You have to beat the game on normal first, then you can access epic and after that you can play legendary. 

That's because epic and legendary aren't like traditional difficulties. Epic is basically new game + and legendary is new game ++.

You have to import a character to play them. 

The main differences between Normal and Epic are:

- The enemies are buffed up and the weakest enemies are like lvl 30+

- You have a permanent resistance debuff 

- There's 4 new bosses 

- Loot pool contains more epics and can now contain legendaries

If the game would allow you to play epic or legenadary with a new character, you wouldn't be able to kill a single enemy.

Edited by Sardavanua
typo

Oh I see now! 

So I'm

On 18/10/2021 at 8:16 AM, Sardavanua said:

Hmmm I'm not sure if I understand your question correctly. 

As I said you can't play on epic or legendary with a new character. You have to beat the game on normal first, then you can access epic and after that you can play legendary. 

That's because epic and legendary aren't like traditional difficulties. Epic is basically new game + and legendary is new game ++.

You have to import a character to play them. 

The main differences between Normal and Epic are:

- The enemies are buffed up and the weakest enemies are like lvl 30+

- You have a permanent resistance debuff 

- There's 4 new bosses 

- Loot pool contains more epics and can now contain legendaries

If the game would allow you to play epic or legenadary with a new character, you wouldn't be able to kill a single enemy.

Oh I see now 

So I have to use my current nature and earth Masteries for the next two playthroughs. 

As I cannot use a new character. 

Is there a max cap for the attributes such as health, Mana, intelligence dexterity and strength? 

17 hours ago, blueice48 said:

Oh I see now 

So I have to use my current nature and earth Masteries for the next two playthroughs. 

As I cannot use a new character. 

You got it.

By the way Earth Nature combo is a pretty good one. Especially if you go for a pet build later on.

About the stats I'm not sure if there's a cap. But I know they can go 600+. Don't bother leveling hp or mana.

Edited by Sardavanua
typo
  • Like 1