Endwalker Trophy Predictions

winter_bird_22

What Disciple of Magic should I stick with for MSQ EXP?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. What Disciple of Magic should I focus my MSQ EXP on?

• White Mage (Healer)
    • Black Mage (Caster)
    • Scholar (Healer) & Summoner (Caster) - leveling one will level the other
    • Astrologian (Healer, once I get to Ishgard)
    • Red Mage (Caster)

I decided to change the subject of this post to something to promote discussion since I have made a decision to do all the MSQ with my Scholar and Summoner to burn up the Road to 70 buff, which might upgrade into a "Road to 80" buff come Endwalker. So I decided to focus on that, since it is less than one month to that expansion at the time of this post edit. ;)

(Sadly, I don't think you can delete the poll. :()

Namely, my predictions to what the trophy list will be for Endwalker. Note: When I say "Trophy List for this game", this is for the PS5 version as the PS4 version will never get an update or rework due to how PS4 lists are. Also, these trophies I predict will be DLC trophy lists because there has never been a precedent for a game suddenly adding trophies to the required list for a platinum. If there is, let me know.

Now, after some thoughts, here is what I predict:

1. We get two trophy lists for Endwalker. The first will come out on the drop date or two days before(like what usually happens - Ben Qui really frustrated me because they dropped the trophy list for that before the PSN network updated so I didn't get any trophies until 24 hours later) and it will include trophies based on 6.0.
  2. Then, after 6.5 launched in 2023, they will add a new trophy list with the rest of the stuff. This is because the stuff in this second list will include everything released after 6.0.

From my experience with the FFXIV trophy list, it is broken into several sections: Story-related, normal raids, alliance raids, and grinding.

So here is what the first Endwalker trophy list will be come 6.0. The names are based off of precedents. All of these will be bronze trophies.

4 trophies

• Endwalker: Complete the main scenario quest "Endwalker." (Every expansion, not ARR - which had the quest name "The Ultimate Weapon" - has named its final X.0 MSQ as the name of the expansion, so I don't see it ever changing.)
  • The Art of War V: Reach Level 90 with any Disciple of War or Magic
  • You've Got the Touch V: Reach Level 90 with any Disciple of the Hand
  • Green Thumb V: Reach Level 90 with any Disciple of the Land (since the level cap will be raised, they'll have to add new trophies reflecting this, and will do so with every expansion they raise the level cap)

Then this is the second list they will put out after 6.5. Names are placeholders and not real because we don't anything about the raids for Endwalker. All of these will be bronze.

9 trophies

• "Raid 1": Complete the final raid of tier 1 of Endwalker 8-man
  • "Raid 2": Complete the final raid of tier 2 of Endwalker 8-man
  • "Raid 3": Complete the final raid of tier 3 of Endwalker 8-man
  • "Savage 1" Complete the final raid of tier 1 of Endwalker 8-man (Savage)
  • "Savage 2": Complete the final raid of tier 2 of Endwalker 8-man (Savage)
  • "Savage 3": Complete the final raid of tier 3 of Endwalker 8-man (Savage)
  • "Myth 1": Complete the first part of Endwalker alliance raid
  • "Myth 2": Complete the second part of Endwalker alliance raid
  • "Myth 3": Complete the third part of Endwalker alliance raid

Here is also something I would like to see, a DLC trophy list exclusive to limited jobs, because GDM, I want them to respect Blue Mage! (I know that means they will have to make the Art of War trophies nerfed so you can't get them with Blue Mage, though.) Names are my creation. Some of the trophies will reflect the eventual upgrade of Blue Mage to include Shadowbringers content and a level cap increase to 80, this is not going to happen anytime soon, I understand that, but I am sure it will happen because Yoshi-P is not going to drop Blue Mage. The reason I made the list this way is because only the leveling and spell learning(which is easy) should be bronze, everything else will be a lot more difficult especially the ones requiring a synced blue mage only party with no Echo. ;)

And this is just my "wet dream" trophy list, I know this will NEVER be reality.

6 bronze trophies

7 silver trophies

8 gold trophies

Bronze trophies

• Blue Fields I: Reach Level 50 with Blue Mage
  • Blue Fields II: Reach Level 60 with Blue Mage
  • Blue Fields III: Reach Level 70 with Blue Mage
  • Blue Fields IV: Reach Level 80 with Blue Mage
  • Azure-o-Pedia: Learn 50 Blue Magic spells
  • Encyclo-Cerulean: Learn 100 Blue Magic spells

Silver trophies

• Behind the Mask I: Clear 10 unique stages in the Masked Carnivale
  • Behind the Mask II: Clear 20 unique stages in the Masked Carnivale
  • Behind the Mask III: Clear 30 unique stages in the Masked Carnivale
  • Battle Blue I: Complete 10 unique routine missions in the Blue Log
  • Battle Blue II: Complete 20 unique routine missions in the Blue Log
  • Battle Blue III: Complete 50 unique routine missions in the Blue Log
  • Blue Battlemaster: Complete 100 unique routine missions in the Blue Log

Gold trophies

• Mightier than the Primals: Clear all Realm Reborn Extreme Trials with a party of Blue Mages, synced, with Echo silenced
  • Mightier than the Dragon: Clear all Coils of Bahamut with a party of Blue Mages, synced, with Echo silenced
  • Mightier than Coerthas: Clear all Heavensward Extreme Trials with a party of Blue Mages, synced, with Echo silenced
  • Mightier than the Machines: Clear all Alexander trials (Savage) with a party of Blue Mages, synced, with Echo silenced
  • Mightier than the Kami: Clear all Stormblood Extreme Trials with a party of Blue Mages, synced, with Echo silenced
  • Mightier than Omega: Clear all Omegascape trials (Savage) with a party of Blue Mages, synced, with Echo silenced
  • Mightier than The First: Clear all Shadowbringers Extreme Trials with a party of Blue Mages, synced, with Echo silenced
  • Mightier than Eden: Clear all Eden trials (Savage) with a party of Blue Mages, synced, with Echo silenced

Feedback on your thoughts. Am I crazy for including a whole DLC list just for Blue Mage? DLC trophies are optional so you don't have to do them.

Edited by winter_bird_22

There isn't really a "best" of anything in FFXIV. Unlike other MMOs, you can play any class and it doesn't really matter. Just play one that's the most fun. You can freely switch between jobs, so it's not like other MMOs where you have to make a new character each time you want to try something new either. I'll say the hardest job to play is probably Black Mage though. Two of my friends quit the game because they kept getting stuck on story missions.

If you haven't even completed the base game and gotten to Ishgard, you really shouldn't worry about alts though. Especially with Endwalker coming Nov 23rd. Each expansion is essentially it's own full length game, so by the time you get to the end of Shadowbringers, Endwalker will probably be out. As you progress, you'll unlock more ways of leveling alts faster as well. Jobs are also getting reworked with Endwalker, so there's not much reason to put in the work to learn a bunch of jobs when they're about to get changes. Summoner especially apparently plays like an entirely different class in Endwalker.

3 minutes ago, ExHaseo said:

There isn't really a "best" of anything in FFXIV. Unlike other MMOs, you can play any class and it doesn't really matter. Just play one that's the most fun. You can freely switch between jobs, so it's not like other MMOs where you have to make a new character each time you want to try something new either. I'll say the hardest job to play is probably Black Mage though. Two of my friends quit the game because they kept getting stuck on story missions.

If you haven't even completed the base game and gotten to Ishgard, you really shouldn't worry about alts though. Especially with Endwalker coming Nov 23rd. Each expansion is essentially it's own full length game, so by the time you get to the end of Shadowbringers, Endwalker will probably be out. As you progress, you'll unlock more ways of leveling alts faster as well. Jobs are also getting reworked with Endwalker, so there's not much reason to put in the work to learn a bunch of jobs when they're about to get changes. Summoner especially apparently plays like an entirely different class in Endwalker.

Yes, I understand the whole concept. I said I would level up all jobs because I intend to get all the relics for every job. For the record, my story character, Cisi Arashi, is already past 5.1 so I am not worried about missing out on the story and being behind when Endwalker pops.

And yes, I know jobs are getting a rework in Endwalker. I know Summoner will be completely overhauled. But I want to enjoy old school Summoner before Endwalker.

Edited by winter_bird_22

Arcanist is always my answer for this.  Just because you get a DPS and Healer in one go.  And I used to be a Scholar main so I little bias.  Also on that note, I don't really like what Shadowbringer did with Scholar.  And Endwalker doesn't seem to have changed that much.

And Summoner is a new job with every expansion.  And I only ever bring out to do job/role quests, so I can't say much about it.

Red Mage is my second choice.  It's probably the easiest and Verraise is useful with PUGs.  Dualcast isn't too hard.  Just remember every other cast is instant.  You start with Jolt, since it has a short cast time, and then use one of the bigger spells.  And repeat.

I guess is kind of obvious: Yoshi-P said he wasn't removing the Raise spell from Arcanist, so Summoner and Red Mage(because by lore it uses both black and white magic) are the only jobs that can resurrect defeated players other than healers. So if you have a Red Mage and Summoner you have essentially two extra Panic Buttons to revive your Healers when they die due to some crappy mechanic...

Spoiler

Like when Tsukuyomi's Pain proceeds to insta-kill everyone else due to her @$$hole moonshift mechanic which hits you with instant death if the moon phase over your head becomes either new moon or full moon because you weren't able to create the puddle of moonlight that reverses the phase from the exploding moon rock in time. That's caused me to wipe TOO MANY TIMES. I don't like having to rely on a damn guide every time I want to farm a boss for a mount. :(

Well, thanks for the advice, @Ilzaki! I probably will have Kess do the MSQ as Summoner/Scholar, because I think Scholar is my favorite job, backstory wise. The job quests involve one of Final Fantasy's mascot characters and how they appeared in Hydaelin and it's sort of tragic for cute like lizardmen with bloody chef's knives. xD Also, fairies are my favorite mythical creature. ^_^ Summoner's job storyline is also pretty cool because you get to work with Y'shtola's half-sister, who you'd only otherwise meet in one MSQ story when you use her to save Y'shtola. Can you tell Y'shtola is probably the coolest character that Yoshi-P pumped out especially since she changed jobs when Shadowbringers came out? ;)

Although I agree that Red Mage is cool, and the female Levieur handles the job well... I am not so good at Red Magic. I can never quite get the timing of Dualcast right and tend to slip up and cast a short-cast with Dualcast. This is why I have trouble with spellcasters, because it's lazier for me to just mash buttons with the non-magical jobs and do tons of weapon attacks but casting spells takes a lot of predicting skills which I sorely need practice on. This is why I am having my relic hunter do these jobs, to practice rotations and mana management.

NOTE: Since I got my answer, I will probably want this thread to fade away now. Thanks again for the feedback and I promise I won't use the forums to get feedback again. This was just a one-time thing.

Edited by winter_bird_22

• 2 months later...

As expected the majority want me to suffer through Red Mage. xD (I am not against Red Mage, but the tech is very complicated for me to handle. I guess I do need to practice with it so I will try to do Heaven on High to learn the tech. :P)

Anyways, now that the Endwalker trophy list is out, let's see how many of my predictions were correct...

On 10/16/2021 at 10:33 PM, winter_bird_22 said:
  • Endwalker: Complete the main scenario quest "Endwalker." (Every expansion, not ARR - which had the quest name "The Ultimate Weapon" - has named its final X.0 MSQ as the name of the expansion, so I don't see it ever changing.)
  • The Art of War V: Reach Level 90 with any Disciple of War or Magic
  • You've Got the Touch V: Reach Level 90 with any Disciple of the Hand
  • Green Thumb V: Reach Level 90 with any Disciple of the Land (since the level cap will be raised, they'll have to add new trophies reflecting this, and will do so with every expansion they raise the level cap)

93Sece48a.png94Se41443.png95S2bb596.png96Sf98b5a.png

Duh, no surprise here. Every expansion had a trophy dedicated to completing the MSQ of the main expansion, so it was obvious Endwalker would have one too. Also, I was correct in new trophies for getting Level 90, as a new level cap means that it was necessary to have trophies for reaching those levels. :)

4/4 Correct

On 10/16/2021 at 10:33 PM, winter_bird_22 said:
  • "Raid 1": Complete the final raid of tier 1 of Endwalker 8-man
  • "Raid 2": Complete the final raid of tier 2 of Endwalker 8-man
  • "Raid 3": Complete the final raid of tier 3 of Endwalker 8-man
  • "Savage 1" Complete the final raid of tier 1 of Endwalker 8-man (Savage)
  • "Savage 2": Complete the final raid of tier 2 of Endwalker 8-man (Savage)
  • "Savage 3": Complete the final raid of tier 3 of Endwalker 8-man (Savage)

104Sfa4e85.png105Sff0bc7.png

I was correct in there being trophies for the 8-main raids, Pandaemonium, but I didn't except them in this list but in a later list. Then again, they were unlisted when the expansion dropped and then made available once the raids came out. Also, I was surprised that there is only one trophy for normal and Savage instead of one for each tier, but then these raids have four tiers instead of three like previous raid series. Maybe because these raids are current content.

Also unexpected was the glut of trophies in this DLC List based on stuff like completing the Sightseeing Log, getting 99% of the Triple Triad cards, spawning insanely rare FATEs, and raiding the new Endwalker treasure dungeon. But then again, the alliance raids won't be until 6.1 so they wanted to fill the list out somehow. I find this refreshing as I think FFXIV is not just battle content, it's doing a lot of interesting things and this list satisfies those who love doing odd things. ;)

As for now, I dunno whether to complete that list as many of the trophies are very grindy or difficult, but I might get End in Sight as long as I don't have to do stupid jump puzzles like in Kugane to get to a sightseeing spot.