Does Easy / Quick Platinums ruin a gamers reputation as a trophy hunter?

amurnin100

1 minute ago, MisterStevm said:

Noone cares about your trophies except for yourself

That being said, if I open a profile and see any of the 3 minute / 99% plat completion ones, I just close it immediately and write it off as a junk profile...not interested

To be fair I have say 20% easy plats , it depends really on how often you do them between long / hard / AAA games, if your account is over say 60% East’s, it’s junk IMO.

2 minutes ago, DJ__Beatroot said:

It's sad when someone is so worried about their "game reputation" for whichever games they enjoy because of so-called "peer pressure".  Damn, people, just play what you want and what makes you happy.

Agreed , the leaderboard does have its negative aspects and steers away from what gaming should be, enjoyment.

If your into speed runs , I can’t diss them , it’s a preference :)

• Like 2

Don't want to hurt anyone, but in my eyes it just shows that someone has developed an addiction. It is equivalent to being an alcoholic, looking for the easiest and cheapest way to get some alcohol instead of enjoying a more expensive wine or so every now and then.

If I would talk to someone about gaming and I would find out that he has hundreds of plats from games nobody even has heard of, look like they were made with paint and/or half his list is in japanese, I would be completely weirded out by them. Like seriously that would make me avoid this person, why would they spend their time and even money this way?

Yeah it destroys their reputation as a gamer imo, because they are not even gaming, they are just addicted to get quick plats

• Like 4

Nah. Easy enough to understand that somebody can be spreading their time between competing for position on the leaderboards and playing "legitimate" games. I see it as two parts of the same hobby.

I usually spend about an hour a day knocking out 2 -3 easy platinums to improve my rank. The rest of the time, I play the stuff that takes time and effort. It's a good balance.

You can have your integrity and that's cool if that's what's important to you but it won't get you anywhere of note in the leaderboards and that's a fact.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, MisterStevm said:

Noone cares about your trophies except for yourself

That being said, if I open a profile and see any of the 3 minute / 99% plat completion ones, I just close it immediately and write it off as a junk profile...not interested

Funny how you say no one cares about someone's trophies besides themselves yet you obviously care enough to judge a profile as being junk or not.

I don't actually care either way.  What annoys me more is the people who immediately write off any game with a high rarity as not being worth playing.  Rarity has absolutely nothing to do with the quality of a game.  As I've said a few times before there are people on this site who I think should need to spend more time playing their games and less time judging what other people play.

• Like 4

I've had several people friend request me over the years, usually blank requests I end up denying. But I almost always compare trophies out of curiosity. And they have hundreds of games on their profile...but like 40 Plats are all EZPZ's and everything else is at like 2% completion. I can't help but have a lack of respect for what I see. But at the end of the day, it's their profile...they can do with it what they want.

I don't like to say I don't care about other people's trophies...because otherwise, why am I here? I'm part of the trophy hunting community therefore I care to some extent. But I guess in the case above it's more curiosity as to what their mindsets are behind their profiles than anything else. 

I mean I can't talk, I play EZPZ's too...in fact this year alone, I've played at least 2 every single month in between longer/harder AAA titles. But I'm also doing it on purpose. So I don't fault people for playing them...sometimes you just want to earn some trophies but you're not really in the mood for serious, focused gaming. Rata games are perfect for this. 

• Like 4