Favourite Far Cry Games In Order

Ac3dUd3-

1. FarCry2 put some major major hours into this game have a lot of fond memories despite the garbage servers and dreadful kicking system online.

2. FarCry3 great environment very enjoyable game.

3.FarCry4 for me the series started to decline here. It wasn’t a bad game but it just didn’t have the same excitement as the previous 2 and I think there was enough new changes from 3-4.

4. FarCry Classic not a bad game just on a different level visually hard to compare it with the modern releases.

5. FarCry5 absolutely despised this game. The story was absolutely dreadful which is a shame because the opening cutscene was great. Really put me off playing the next game.

Still to play

FarCry Primal

FarCry 6??

I have never played 1 or 2 so I’ll leave them out

far cry 3 both the ps3 and PS4 game, this is what really hooked me the far cry series, they had amazing characters, amazing villians, such a great game.

far cry 6 - this has easily made it into top 2, such a good game, I had a tun of fun platiniuming this game.

far cry 5 - a quite good game, not the best of the series, but sits in the top 3, funny side missions, but what annoyed me was the villians abilty to kidnap me anytime, anywhere.

then I’ll go primal, this was a fresh breath for the franchise, I had a decent time, like all the different animalsk you could use as a sidekick.

far cry new dawn, for me it’s easily the last place, dont get me wrong I liked the idea of the game, but it wasnt that great, still had a fun-ish time with it

For me in order it goes like this. From best to worse.

1. Far Cry Blood Dragon: Love this game I have not finished it due to always going back to it to just basically dick about love the game alot
  2. Far Cry 2: Love this game due to the fact I played and nearly finished it on 360 years ago and yeah I love this one but fuck the online trophies. never again.
  3. Far Cry 5: The combat was great and is one of my favs of the series I just thought the story/ bad guy was shit however I love all the crazy moments I had on it. Still need to get around to getting the dlc to play
  4. Far Cry 6: Just started and just like 5 it has great combat but not sure on story but it is fun and has not changed too much however I do like the bad guy in this more than 5s just dislike there is no skill trees.
  5. Far Cry Instincts Predator: Love and hate kind of game. I hate the bs difficulty spikes but love the duel wielding and gunning enemies down and using the animal powers you get it is great but is painful at times. 
  6. Far Cry 3: I have a kind of same like hate with this game due to the fact people go too crazy about their love for vass and I could give two shits about and the only thing I liked was that this was the first point of the series it started to up the gameplay better.
  7. Far Cry 4: It was abit dull like 3 but it was alright just meh to me felt kind of the same as 3 just yeah nothing so wowing to me but yeah. 
  8. Far Cry 1: I enjoy the fact it started the series but like Instincts it has a lot of bs difficulty spikes and bs stealth parts to the game it can be annoying to me and is only worth going to go to if you play on easy and then it is just a power fantasy at that point.
  9. Far Cry New Dawn: I liked the gameplay just like the newer games but I dislike a lot of New Dawn due to how crap the story and bad guys is like and the weapons feel and look like 3 and yeah it felt boring grinding so much to make good enough gear to use on enemies it had good ideas but it also sucks. Its far from the worse game but yeah it is to me the worse Far Cry game.

Have not played.

Far Cry Primal

Edited by Lonemankane

1. Far Cry 2- I was long out of gaming when I stumbled across this game (They had one copy on the shelf as Circuit City had it's going out of business blowout) and I fell in love with it. I've played through it so many times....I beat the game with each character on PC, and played though several times on console as well. i moved recently and had no internet...so did another playthrough. I love the mayhem. I did complete the game on 360, and had a blast messing around with MP. Yeah we boosted but I had a good group that made it fun. I haven't completed it on PS3 but I don't plan to. 

2. Far Cry 3- This game was fresh. Jason was an annoying character, but he grew on you. I'm one of the rare people that really enjoyed the co-op (Maxed out at level 75, even maxed a bunch of weapons) and the MP was fun for the 2 weeks it was active. I would have liked co-op in the remaster, even w/o the trophies.  

3. Far Cry 4- This one doesn't seem as popular here, but I enjoyed every minute of it (OK, catching the plane kinda sucked). The setting, the story, all great. I enjoyed the DLC as well. I just bought a gaming PC so I look forward to another playthrough soon :) 

4. Far Cry New Dawn- Another I enjoyed a lot. I didn't like that the co-op didn't have matchmaking- but those missions were super short anyway. 

5. Far Cry Primal- This game used the same map as 4, so it was very familiar. Gameplay wise, it was fun as heck (I really loved things like bee bombs you could use to infiltrate enemy posts) and the owl was great. I liked that you had to upgrade to get to the colder parts of the map. Overall fun game, but with a less memorable storyline (The main reason it's behind New Dawn)

6. Far Cry Instincts/Predator- Haven't played it much. Dated but I do look forward to doing a proper playthrough. 

7. FC Blood Dragon. Only played the intro so I have little opinion

8. Far Cry 5. Played it a bunch and it still goes lower than the 2 I've barely touched. It's BEAUTIFUL but I really just don't like the game at all. I have TRIED to like it. I plan to complete the story someday at least, but every time I pick it up, I remember why I stopped playing in the 1st place. Up until this game, FC was my favorite franchise, and I was so looking forward to it, just a huge letdown. Luckily New Dawn was 1000x better (IMO)

Unranked- Far Cry 6 because I don't own it. I was skeptical after 5 (Even though new Dawn was good) but it seems like you guys like it a lot, so I'll likely be picking it up at some point!

1. Far Cry 3: it's not my first entry with the series but it definitely left the biggest impact and made me the fan of it that I am today. Jason's growth as a protagonist, Vaas, and the setting where what drew me in and Vaas is my second favorite antagonist after Pagan Mihn

2. Far Cry 5: the pinnacle of the series in my opinion with its skill system and large variety of activities and quests. I usually hate silent protagonists but for this game it works because of how the antagonists try to convince you, the player, that you're doing the wrong thing, over and over as you work to stop them.

3. Far Cry 4: in my top three because of Pagan alone and because of how miserable either Golden Path ending makes you which is a fresh take on game stories. Thank God the Easter Egg ending is Canon

4. Far Cry 6: I'm still playing it right now so it might go up a spot or two but I like what I'm seeing so far aside from how skills have been replaced with equipment sets which makes the game more tedious than it needs to be with swapping sets around for their effects.

5. New Dawn: considering how much I enjoyed 5, I was curious to see the effects of the ending on the world and was pleasantly surprised to a degree. The game is more or less a rehash of 5 though with a different coat of paint

6. Primal: I barely this one but it was the blueprint so to speak for their approach to Far Cry 5 and I enjoyed what little of it I played

7. Far Cry 2: My first Far Cry. it's a solid game but I  hated how weapons would deteriorate which meant constantly scrounging for new ones and looking for diamonds was a pain

8. Far Cry Classic: Barely played it and unfortunately I played it after playing my top three entrees in the franchise so I was really uninterested

Edited by majob

• 9 months later...
On 10/17/2021 at 10:23 PM, MrTacos98 said:

From the ones I've played:

1. Far Cry 5 - setting, gameplay, and characters were awesome, story was enjoyable

2. Far Cry 6 - setting and graphics were good, characters weren't that great and the gameplay was a downgrade from FC5

3. Far Cry Primal - all around solid, got boring quick though

4. Far Cry New Dawn - colors were cool and was fun to play, felt more like an expansion to FC5

5. Far Cry 4 - very boring, lack of fast travel areas, couldn't even finish it.

Haven't played:

Far Cry 3 (would probably be high on my list if I played it)

Far Cry 1

Far Cry 2

Far Cry: Blood Dragon

Having played Far Cry 3 and finished Far Cry 4, my new ranking is...

1. Far Cry 5

2. Far Cry 6

3. Far Cry 3 - the story was awesome, one of the best in the franchise, makes up for the dated gameplay.

4. Far Cry 4 - after giving this game a 2nd shot it wasn't that bad, had some fun parts but some were boring, Pagan Min wasn't as good as Vaas. 

5. Far Cry: Primal

6. Far Cry: New Dawn

On 18/10/2021 at 10:48 PM, Vault-TecPhantom said:

I still have recency bias for FC6 right now but as it stands:

1. Far Cry 6. Really grew to love this game after initially forcing myself to play through it. Now I'm sad that it's over.  I 100% the map (well, those missions that weren't bugged)  which wasn't required for platinum but I just wasn't ready to leave Yara yet. I hope Ubisoft release a NG+ and an infamous difficulty trophy like they did with FC 5. The final act is really good but I think that's because of the order in which I chose to do the missions. Best protagonist in the series by far. In fact, I don't really care for the villains DLC; I'd rather just continue Dani's story.

2. Far Cry 5. I'm sure once the recency bias settles down this might end up taking my top spot again. I thought it was a much needed change of direction focusing more on discovery and exploration as opposed to the map just revealing everything  via climbing towers. Loved the treasure hunts and I think they nailed the oppressive nature of the cult while maintaining a consistent tone.

3. Far Cry New Dawn. Just really fun. Great RPG mechanics. Made me weirdly nostalgic for 5. Enjoyed the expeditions mode too.

4. Far Cry 3. Good campaign but the open world was very overrated even back then. It may have introduced the FC formula but Far Cry 5 perfected it. It has a lot of problems that people just tend to gloss over for some reason.

5. Far Cry Primal. I appreciate Ubisoft trying something different with this one and it was the first one I played to do way with the towers, thank goodness. Clever combat mechanics.  It's very clearly a spin-off title but a good one for its length and better than the next game on my list whose map it uses.

6. Far Cry 4. Meh. It's like a mechanically more polished Far Cry 3 but without the interesting campaign. I did enjoy Troy Baker's performance as Pagan Min. He's actually my favourite villain of the series. 

Haven't played Blood Dragon, 2 or the first one. I'll probably play Blood Dragon when I get the season pass (on sale).

Updated as I have finished Blood Dragon and, well:

1.Far Cry 6.

2. Far Cry 5.

3. Far Cry New Dawn.

4. Far Cry 3.

5. Far Cry Primal.

6. Far Cry 4.

7. Far Cry Blood Dragon. Didn't like Blood Dragon. Sorry. I know it has a bit of a cult fanbase but I found it tedious, visually difficult on the eyes and the FC gameplay style doesn't fit with the tone. This video basically sums up my thoughts on it. I agree completely. 

1. Far Cry Primal

2. Far Cry 3, awesome multiplayer good singleplayer story too.

3. Far Cry 2 nice old style of game and is a great production, but the mp is totally glitched and probably will never be fixed.

4. Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon

5. Far cry 4

6. Far Cry 5

7. Far Cry 6

Didn't play the Far Cry 6 and literally not much 4 and 5 either eventhough I have them 0% at my trophy list.

Edited by Wikkibur
Typo

I am a huge fan of the series, quirks and all, here is my list 

1. Far Cry 5 - Something about the atmosphere and vibe of 5 fills me with nostalgia that makes it my favourite Far Cry game - it was a very immersive experience for a Far Cry game and I love the premise of the Doomsday cult, the most "original" FC setting. I think 5 has the best open world, the OST is insanely good, the "key points" were memorable, and the Seed family are my 2nd favourite antagonists. DLC was hit or miss, but I quite liked aspects of what they were trying to do with the first two DLC packs. 

2. Far Cry 4 - A lot of people are down on 4 on this thread, but I absolutely loved it. I think Pagan Min is comfortably the best antagonist in the series, Troy Baker does such a good job playing him. I also love Kyrat as an open world - if not as good as Hope County. Opening cutscene is one of my favourite gaming cutscenes in general, and the game still looks brilliant to this day.

3. Far Cry New Dawn - Brilliant twist on the formula of 5, and I really liked the tiered outpost system - I wish they kept it for 6. Seeing Joseph Seed's development after the ending of 5 was quite cool.

4. Far Cry 3 - A good game, just one I think has aged unfavourably. At the time, 3 was a redefining open world game which really ignited the series, I just felt a bit flat replaying it. A certain death is also one of the most "WTF" moments I've ever played that completely ruined the story for me, but the setting and moment to moment gameplay was excellent. 

5. Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon - Fun, balls to the wall DLC I had a great deal of fun revisiting with the Classic edition, but its a bit of a one dimensional experience. Tooled Up is my least favourite achievement in the entire series, also. 

6. Far Cry Primal - I really liked the premise and open world of Primal, the immersion was good. However, I didn't love the story and the gameplay was pretty boring compared to 3 - 5/New Dawn. 

7. Far Cry 6 - I was disappointed with 6. I didn't like how sparse the open world felt, I didn't like the outpost design, I thought Anton Castillo was a flat antagonist (I preferred Diego's character) and felt like content > quality. It's a fine game, but after 3 - 5, it was pretty disappointing. The only thing I really did like was the supremo abilities, and the weapon customisation. They did a good job with the combat; the writing, characters and open world were all a bit of a let down, though. Love the DLC concept, enjoyed the Vaas DLC; the other 2 copying it though ruined that. They needed to do something original with each DLC. 

8. Far Cry 2 - I love the setting idea, but the gameplay has just aged like milk, weapon management frustrating, and the game wasn't a looker even for the time. Had fun with it at the time, but my least favourite FC. 

Edited by PhantomFear94
  • Like 1

Far Cry 3

Far Cry Primal                      The only exceptionally good FC games              

Far Cry Blood Dragon

Far Cry 5

Far Cry 4                              Basically all rehashes of FC3 just with a different, more forgettable villain/story and different setting, not bad but not good

Far Cry New Dawn               Too formulaic, too much of the same. It's gotten old

Far Cry 6

Far Cry 2                              Awful, dated games that I hated every second of, never bothered to even finish

Far Cry Classic

Edited by mega-tallica

• 2 weeks later...

Far Cry 3 - Absolute gem of a game. Playing the remaster makes you realize we got some QoL improvements over the years, but nothing is quite like it. 

Far Cry 6 - I was getting a little worried about this series after 5 and the decline I felt it was one. But this one brought me back. I really enjoyed Dani as a character, I loved the setting and the urgency in the story made is engaging. 

Far Cry: Primal - Most underrated game in the series. So many people disliked this, and I don't understand why. This game has a mechanic in it, that I still wish was in more Ubisoft games...the feeling of that "crunch" sound you got when you threw a spear through an enemies skull. So satisfying.

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon - I almost didn't include this because I feel like Primal is highly underrated...while this is highly OVERrated. It's a fun little 2 hours DLC, but thats it....saying it better than FC3 is ridiculous to me. 

Far Cry 4 - Not a bad game, but it felt like a complete reskin of 3, trying so hard to recapture that same magic and it just doesn't. 

Far Cry: New Dawn - I really can't put my finger on it...but I just enjoyed this slightly more than 5. 

Far Cry 5 - Boring. That's all I felt playing this game. I was bored the whole time. And I absolutely hated the DLC. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

For me (note this includes the fun I had when playing the DLCs)

1) Far Cry 3 - best overall cast, main protagonist actually has an arc and personality

2) Far Cry 6 - while it is a buggy mess, I love the DLCs, love Castillo. I wish they didn't remove the skill trees instead of the gear build system. The side characters are memorable also.

3) Far Cry 5 - If I was not factoring in DLCs, this would be number 2, but those DLC's are the worse things I played in the whole series. Anyway, I like the skill tree system, love the guns for hire system, and I think it had the best group of villains, each with something to bring to the table. 

4) Far Cry Blood Dragon - I bought this as a separate game, but I think this game is fantastic. My biggest fault is that it is too short and not much variety. Love the story, love the jokes. No boss fights outside of the Blood Dragons

5) Far Cry New Dawn - Not bad. Love the atmosphere, but easily the worst villains of the franchise. 

6) Far Cry 4 - Let's take the 2nd half of Far Cry 3 (after Vaas) and extend it to a full game with much less interesting characters and add elephants

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

OK, here we go:

1. Far Cry 3 (2012) - 10/10

2. Far Cry 4 (2014) - 9/10

3. Far Cry Primal (2016) - 8/10

4. Far Cry 6 (2021) - 8/10

5. Far Cry 5 (2018) - 7.5/10

6. Far Cry 2 (2008) - 7/10

7. Far Cry: New Dawn (2019) - 6.5/10

8. Far Cry (2004) - 6/10

Haven't played Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon (2013).

Edited by kenseizenkai
  • Like 1