Aliens: Fireteam Elite low playerbase

You

At this very moment, there are only 244 people in-game for the PC version. This is what happens when you ship a game without basic online features that have been standard for 20+ years, has less content than a McDonald's chicken nugget (even after the embarrassingly bad "Season 1" content drop), a painfully short and paper thin story with plot holes and cardboard cutout characters you don't care about, don't fix the numerous gamebreaking bugs and balance issues that have been around launch, treat your playerbase like dirt, hire devs who were fired from other companies for treating customers like shit and refusing to fix critical issues, release patches that rarely fix anything important but break things instead etc. etc.

The Steam forums and official Discord for this game are run like a police state by the devs where you can be banned for pointing out their incompetence, yet they do nothing about the angry ass kissing fanboys who frequently harass anyone who dares to point out the glaring issues this game has.

1 hour ago, APCGrayLocked said:

next PS Plus/Game Pass title. And if even this doesn't save the game, well, server closure (maybe in December) incoming.

The servers are P2P, which is part of the reason why the game runs so badly on the PS4 when you're in co-op.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

Interestingly the game is on sale at the moment for Playstation and XBox, but ONLY for the Deluxe Edition.

You know, the completely useless Deluxe Edition which ONLY contains clothes and emotes and no actual game content aside from the 1 weapon pre order dlc of old shotgun weapon.

Which even if you bought (at time of writing this post) the trophies are glitched so you wouldn't even unlock any trophies by buying the DLC, Infact it might even make your save data more glitchy since the game probably doesn't recognise downloaded DLC properly and only recognises items you earned ingame.

• Like 2

I'd play it more, but the AI even on Standard mode is dumb as hell. I know it's a coop game, but I like to get the hang of things and experience the level layouts before I jump online and not screw up.

I really wouldn't judge the game's health by Steam numbers though, specially since Steam users tend to drop games in a matter of days and just return to old favorites.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

Hopefully it does come to PS Plus. Looks good from what I've seen. 

Trust me, it's not. I stupidly paid full price for this turd and by the end of what the game laughably calls a story (which is approx 6 hours of plot holes, bad dialogue and the biggest cop-out ending in recent memory), I was bored stiff and felt very cheated by the chronic lack of content. If you must get this, wait for a deeeeeeeeeeep sale and for the trophies to be fixed. Alternatively, get Alien: Isolation instead - it's a lot cheaper and better made. The A: FE Plat is approx 10% natural progression and 90% tedious grinding for 100+ hours for RNG collectibles and mostly worthless guns whilst levelling up your character and 30 weapons. The 2 highest difficulties are unbelievably cheap and unfair for reasons I've gone into in other threads so won't repeat here.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, HuntingFever said:

Trust me, it's not. I stupidly paid full price for this turd and by the end of what the game laughably calls a story (approx 6 hours of plot holes, awful dialogue and the biggest cop-out ending in recent memory), I was bored stiff and felt very cheated by the chronic lack of content. If you just get this, wait for a deeeeeeeeeeep sale and for the trophies to be fixed. Alternatively, get Alien: Isolation instead - it's a lot cheaper and better made.

Cant do Isolation, too much anxiety lol. I wouldn't pay for this but would play it if it comes to Plus which it probably will. Hopefully by then most issues are fixed. I remember most saying Colonial Marines was bad but I really enjoyed it, recently went back and got the plat. 

• Like 3

It's a real shame. The gameplay is alright and some of the foundations are there for the makings of a good/great game. However the current state of the game and the rocky launch pretty much killed all good faith I and a whole lot of people had in the devs and their game. They can't pull a No Man's Sky as they didn't have the massive hype/sales that allowed them to support further dev time.

It's gonna be a slow death. PS+ could keep it on life support a short while, but if I was the CEO/Game Director, I'd iron out what's there, finish the promised content and move to something else as fast as possible.  

• Like 2

Yeah I also agree, I don't think the game is not crap, not at all, even on PS4. The problems and trophy glitches are bearable, but if you're a 100% competitionist, well you're definitely gonna be in for a bad time.

There's lots to do, the challenge cards are fun, and the different classes are fun to play.

If I had to pick a big flaw with the game, it's with the gameplay balance.

I chose the technician because I love turrets and how they work in Borderlands, and sure enough this game and the turrets work in exactly the same way.

Unfortunately though the Technician also has stun electric grenades, not just one but 3 of them, if the turret wasn't awesome enough, his other skill is arguably the best in the game.

He also starts off with the Magnum which ends up being the best handgun in the game, it's so powerful and also doubles up as a mini sniper rifle. Then his other weapon is the shotgun, which is somehow the best shotgun in the whole game.

The technician is such a great class. Some classes are just so much better than others, Phalanx is just utter crap, and the support classes like Doc and Recon are great but only once they have been highly levelled up and only in multiplayer.

Oh yeah that is also what is weird, by the time most of the classes become useful, you need to play as other classes and they usually seem so weak in comparison.

After getting 4 stars with Magnum and Shotgun I just didn't want to play as other weapons because they were so weak. Thankfully I managed to have 27 guns from the shop and unlocked when that update levelled up almost all of my weapons to 4 stars. I just think the weapons are really unbalance and some are awful to use, like the lazer gun.

In the end I just had to level up classes I didn't like on Casual and guns I didn't like by never using them but using only either the Magnum or Shotgun.

I also don't like the way Demolisher is the only class to use Heavy weapons, there are a lot of Heavy weapons in this game and only one class to use them in? Too many classes either have rifles, handguns or CQC weapons. I always end up playing with the default Assault Rifle because that ends up being the best one and also makes the noise of the guns from the Aliens films. I am sure most people use that gun because of the nostalgic sound.

There's no much stuff to grind and level up but really there is no point in doing so since you're just gonna stick to the classes and weapons you got when you first started playing the game. Also who cares about weapon skins and emotes when you're in a dark corridor and not looking at your team mates. So much unlockable stuff in this game is totally pointless.

I also wish their were more dynamic or customizable perks, like you could equip Defence UP, Atk Up, 10% Hp Up etc. So many of them are just stuff like aim +20%, handling +30 which to be honest, I can't tell any difference whatsoever. In the end (because the game is so hard) you'll end up using the exact stuff on all your weapons and use all the grid perks in the guide for each class so you can stand a chance.

I mean who isn't going to equip more ammo in your magazine, or extra cooldown on your best abilities.

Also bullet sponge enemies are not fun. Make 8 times the amount of enemies, not the same amount of enemies but with x8 HP.

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Lightsp33d1987 said:

Anyone know if the likes of 30 weapons to 4 stars would autopop if I go back to 1.00 or any of the decal, attachment etc trophies?

The collectible trophies might auto-pop but it's buggy as to if it will do so. I got lucky and the Hat trophy auto-popped but I know some friends who tried that trick and it didn't pop any of the bugged trophies for them. Also, the all weapons trophy has to be redone from scratch in the unpatched game after deleting all of your saves so you're better off waiting for a patch.

4 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

The collectible trophies might auto-pop but it's buggy as to if it will do so. I got lucky and the Hat trophy auto-popped but I know some friends who tried that trick and it didn't pop any of the bugged trophies for them. Also, the all weapons trophy has to be redone from scratch in the unpatched game after deleting all of your saves so you're better off waiting for a patch.

Alright cheers I'll just wait it out and see what happens.

3 hours ago, Lightsp33d1987 said:

Anyone know if the likes of 30 weapons to 4 stars would autopop if I go back to 1.00 or any of the decal, attachment etc trophies?

All collectables apart from weapons and intel will auto pop

Edit - Its not buggy at all

Edited by jason_trixta

20 hours ago, nickr_ said:

However the current state of the game and the rocky launch pretty much killed all good faith I and a whole lot of people had in the devs and their game.

Just to touch on this a little more, the game actually got worse after launch. Like, much worse.

• Like 3

On 10/18/2021 at 11:15 AM, Alayaes said:

Game over, man.

I Understood That Reference | Know Your Meme

I knew this was going to happen. It seems nobody learned from Evolve that a game can't stand on its own with too many issues, boring story, and overreliance on Season 1/microtranscations. It seems that most developers nowadays stopped making games enjoyable and started making them with the intention of selling you stuff piecemeal. They really should have focused more on balancing the classes and adding way more customizable features. There was a reason why Borderlands 2 was considered one of the best co-op games to date, there was a class, a build, and a gun that fits everyone's style.

I really hope this doesn't kill any interest in making Isolation 2.

Edited by dakk55
  • Like 1

I love the alien franchise and enjoy this game for what it is, but I do question some of their decision making. Like their “seasons” just being given automatically. A tier system or something to work for would appeal better to more people I’d say. Also making so many weapons 4 star so that makes the trophy take way more time than it should. 

The trophies really need to be fixed.

Glad they added quickplay but I can’t believe they made it so nobody can join when wanting to play individual missions. 

Why can’t they do a double xp/double credits event? 

It seems like they’re not bothered about trying to gain new players/keep the ones who are left. 

I still come on and play one level every 2 days or so to level up my final character but my interest is definitely fading away. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Lightsp33d1987 said:

Like Trixta says all collectables apart from weapons and intel will auto pop.

Weapons is still technically possible on but you'd need to play all of Intense with the AI and perhaps some of the Extreme levels too because unlocking more weapons requires to play on harder difficulty settings and with the AI, that's practically impossible with AI. Since to play with human buddies you need to connect online and grab the latest version.

You'd also likely need the pre order bonus DLC that has the retro shotgun since upgrading to season 1 gives you 4 extra weapons to buy in the shop but you won't have that. Otherwise you will only have 29 weapons and I think a few are unlocked when completing Extreme or Insane. I can tell you that levelling up 30 weapons on your own with AI would be very tedious.

Don't even think about going to v1.00 if all you need is 4 star weapons, we can only hope the devs patch the trophies in the future. It can't be that hard right?

(6 weeks later and nothing yet though...)

11 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

Like Trixta says all collectables apart from weapons and intel will auto pop.

Weapons is still technically possible on but you'd need to play all of Intense with the AI and perhaps some of the Extreme levels too because unlocking more weapons requires to play on harder difficulty settings and with the AI, that's practically impossible with AI. Since to play with human buddies you need to connect online and grab the latest version.

You'd also likely need the pre order bonus DLC that has the retro shotgun since upgrading to season 1 gives you 4 extra weapons to buy in the shop but you won't have that. Otherwise you will only have 29 weapons and I think a few are unlocked when completing Extreme or Insane. I can tell you that levelling up 30 weapons on your own with AI would be very tedious.

Don't even think about going to v1.00 if all you need is 4 star weapons, we can only hope the devs patch the trophies in the future. It can't be that hard right?

(6 weeks later and nothing yet though...)

You don't need to play on anything higher than Intense, in order to unlock all of the guns and cosmetics because some are bought from the Armoury but the rest are locked behind RNG mission rewards for the Standard and Intense difficulties. Whilst the 5 DLC guns do count towards the all weapons trophy, they're not essential to get it.

• Like 1