Thoughts on the trophy list

Looks like less playthroughs than the previous entries. Only one trophy looks like it requires a non-solo playthrough and it’s purely for the Prologue.

a lot more choice-based stuff here and a lot to do with death/survival. So looks likely it’ll be a lot easier for characters to die over the course of the game.

id predict 3-4 playthroughs to Platinum. 1 experiencing it for the first time, 1 for collectibles and some divergent achievements then another playthrough each for All Head and All Heart decisions. 25-30 hour Platinum 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ChanelOberlin494 said:

Looks like less playthroughs than the previous entries. Only one trophy looks like it requires a non-solo playthrough and it’s purely for the Prologue.

a lot more choice-based stuff here and a lot to do with death/survival. So looks likely it’ll be a lot easier for characters to die over the course of the game.

id predict 3-4 playthroughs to Platinum. 1 experiencing it for the first time, 1 for collectibles and some divergent achievements then another playthrough each for All Head and All Heart decisions. 25-30 hour Platinum 

Movie night can be solo or atleast it was in the previous games you just sign everyone to 1 controller

• Like 3

Seems odd that there's an "all head decisions" trophy but not an "all heart"

But I am really glad to see the back of the darned "X is one of the top traits" or "X and X have a good relationship" trophies, haha. A Rational Mind and The Odd Couple added three playthroughs each onto my time with Little Hope even following guides.

• Like 4

It seems like it won't need as many playthroughs as Little Hope, but some of the outcome orientated trophy descriptions in House of Ashes seem to indicate one or two extra playthroughs on their own. If anything this could be the same, possibly more than the previous game.

Edit - after going through the list again, these seem like solid playthroughs

Everyone died

Everyone survived

Only one character survived

Only head decisions

But then it's difficult to tell because the context is missing around scene selection and how that might impact things in terms of partial playthroughs etc. Then you have the other trophies which seem really contextual, like

Eric and Rachel both died in the same explosion

Clarice killed Eric after becoming infected

Rachel became infected and killed Eric or Eric killed her

Which could easily be playthroughs in their own right depending on how the story plays out and how much we can leverage scene selection etc. Either way, I'm looking forward to finding out :) 

Edited by Crispy_Oglop

2 hours ago, damienjablonski said:

To be honest I’m disappointed there isn’t a shared story trophy like there was in Man of Medan. It was really fun getting to experience it with someone else during my first playthrough. 

I am quite happy that trophy requirement part is gone. Not a lot of my friends have these games or play it. So for me finding someone was bit hard. Luckily my PSN friend helped out on the other one. Otherwise I would be out of luck. I much rather prefer playing alone. 

Edited by sealightbreeze
  • Like 4

Hopefully we don’t need to play Co-Op/Curators Cut for some collectibles like in Man of Medan. 

Have a feeling this game won’t have a supernatural element either. It’s clearly based of The Exorcist: The Beginning since we see Pazuzu clearly in the trailers. Hopefully it’s not just a chemical or people going crazy and an actual real threat this time. 

• Like 4

Definitely seems easier than Man of Medan. Having recently played that, I welcome a possible easier trophy list. Haven't played Little Hope yet. What I am not clear on is the trophies that have finale in the trophy description. Does it mean the finale of the game or is this the finale in The Dark Picture Anthology? I thought there were suppose to be more games after this.

It seems as though with each release, Supermassive is slowly tweaking the trophy list to be less and less annoying. Allowing chapter select was a blessing in Little Hope, too. 

So they're listening to fan feedback, and that's great.

I had such a bad time with Little Hope mainly because the environments were just too damn DARK. I couldn't see shit for most of the game. I hope this is addressed in this game and the ones going forward. 

Also, the dialogue is cringe worthy a lot of the time. I'm not even talking about it being a little disjointed (due to the different choices available) I'm talking about stupid lines and dumb slang. 

I was so excited when they announced eight of these because Until Dawn turned out so good. I hope they get better. I sort of feel compelled to get all eight since I've already played the first two...

I didn't mind the "all heart" and "all head" decision trophies, so a little weird to see only "all head" playthrough for a trophy.  I'm so relieved to see the relationship and trait trophies gone!  They weren't terrible in Man of Medan, but oh man, Little Hope was a pain that cost me an extra playthrough for the Odd Couple.  More stones.

7 hours ago, hizi90 said:

Has anyone finished it yet? So excited what the next game will be like. I got mine today from the Bandai Namco store. It‘s pretty good so far :)

Picking my copy up later this week. Will dive in right away. Have fun!

On 10/18/2021 at 9:14 AM, snakebit10 said:

Definitely seems easier than Man of Medan. Having recently played that, I welcome a possible easier trophy list. Haven't played Little Hope yet. What I am not clear on is the trophies that have finale in the trophy description. Does it mean the finale of the game or is this the finale in The Dark Picture Anthology? I thought there were suppose to be more games after this.

There are supposed to be eight Dark Pictures games (which they also reiterated when doing an interview for House of Ashes). You can see the spaces for these eight books on the Curator's bookshelf. Well, they have eight planned, anyway. It's unclear if they will actually be able to develop all eight. Something tells me that they'll get cut off before then.

The next one is most likely called The Devil In Me.

Edited by Chaos_Bladez
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Chaos_Bladez said:

There are supposed to be eight Dark Pictures games (which they also reiterated when doing an interview for House of Ashes). You can the spaces for these eight books on the Curator's bookshelf. Well, they have eight planned, anyway. It's unclear if they will actually be able to develop all eight. Something tells me that they'll get cut off before then.

The next one is most likely called The Devil In Me.

Thanks for clearing this up. I hadn't seen these articles. I was under the impression it would only be 3 or 4 games. They looked interesting and I liked Until Dawn but never followed enough to know that 8 games are planned.

21 hours ago, hizi90 said:

Has anyone finished it yet? So excited what the next game will be like. I got mine today from the Bandai Namco store. It‘s pretty good so far :)

It's not out here in the US until Friday. They broke street date if you have it already

Edited by sealightbreeze
  • Like 1