Original Mass Effect gamer: Liking the new tweaks :D

Hi everyone, 

I was gonna hold off on this as I intended to leave the trilogy behind and keep amazing memories, but after chewing through my fingers after watching some trailers I just had to buy the set. 

I knew about the fresh lick of paint and it really does show. I've only touched down on Eden Prime but it does indeed add new life to the environments. I was also surprised that they tweaked the gunplay. Do you original guys remember how friggin awful the sniper rifle was in that game before you upgraded the skill? Sheesh! Now though its just a really nice weapon to enjoy from the off. The running seems better too.

It was only a test though on my none completion account just to get a glimpse of it on my first ever 4K TV and I am impressed. Obviously its not a 2021 impressed type feeling, but I still remember how it looked for the original and its been nicely worked on. Can't wait to get some quality time put into it. I did notice even on insanity mode though that the first few enemies were falling down easily, don't remember them being that easy in the original game, or it could be that the gunplay as been tweaked so much that your shots don't miss as much. 

Whilst I am here though, what is with that classic thing. It reads weird or maybe its just me. But classic allows you to level up to level 60 whilst legendary edition only allows up to level 30. I don't get why you would want less levels to upgrade. Any info on that?

• Like 4

You get the same number of skill points and everything either way, but less total levels means more skill points per level. More skill points means you can get more abilities faster in a single go early on, rather than gradually over time. It helps to make upgrades feel more impactful, and feel like you're getting stronger each level. Rather than having growth be more gradual. It also means that at the later levels there aren't going to be a bunch of levels where you can't get anything. Which means you're less likely to accidentally forget to spend your skill points because you haven't checked if you have enough for something in a while. I personally think 30 makes for a significantly better overall experience, but it's really just a preference thing.

The new gameplay has made the game significantly better, and easier. It's like the other games now, it's skill based. You don't just randomly miss for no reason. If they're in your sights, you're going to hit them. It's unfortunate that the trophy list has problems though. For me, completionist just never popped. Even though I did every single mission except the one for finding all of the keepers, because I didn't want to deal with it. Others have had the same problem and had to restart. Hopefully it doesn't screw up for you. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ExHaseo said:

You get the same number of skill points and everything either way, but less total levels means more skill points per level. More skill points means you can get more abilities faster in a single go early on, rather than gradually over time. It helps to make upgrades feel more impactful, and feel like you're getting stronger each level. Rather than having growth be more gradual. It also means that at the later levels there aren't going to be a bunch of levels where you can't get anything. Which means you're less likely to accidentally forget to spend your skill points because you haven't checked if you have enough for something in a while. I personally think 30 makes for a significantly better overall experience, but it's really just a preference thing.

The new gameplay has made the game significantly better, and easier. It's like the other games now, it's skill based. You don't just randomly miss for no reason. If they're in your sights, you're going to hit them. It's unfortunate that the trophy list has problems though. For me, completionist just never popped. Even though I did every single mission except the one for finding all of the keepers, because I didn't want to deal with it. Others have had the same problem and had to restart. Hopefully it doesn't screw up for you. 

Oh thats a nice touch indeed then. Legendary mode it will be then. 

Shame about the trophy glitches though, I hate that crap when it happens and really hope this gem of a collection isn't what screws up my completion. Thanks for the info man. 

@ExHaseo Got the platinum earlier today mate. 

I had no problems/bugs with the completion trophy. Before hand I did take a look around the net as this wasn't a thing on the original game for bugging, but after rescuing Liara, I basically got to work on all available side quests, then did Noveria and the side content that unlocks after that. Then I went onto Feros and when I did the assignments for the settlers for fixing the water, food and power sources thats when the trophy popped. The count at time was Missions = 15 completed - Assignments = 54. Then I just carried on with the game and everything else popped as normal. 

Now on Mass Effect 2 and this is my most favourite game of all time.