Earning Trophies While Banned.

During my 7 day ban back in early August, I platinumed Batman Arkham Asylum on PS3, It seems you can earn Single Player trophies while banned. I have already had 25 trophies on Call Of Duty: Ghosts, but when I am playing it while banned it restarted my trophy list for the game and I am earning trophies I already earned. Will this affect my trophies at all or my PSNProfiles? Thanks.

No one at PSNProfiles would ever know you were banned from PSN unless you bring it up. 

“Restarting a trophy list” and “earning trophies you already earned” isn’t something that has to do with a ban though and is peculiar. 

Putting together a PSN ban and strange trophy behavior certainly indicates something isn’t normal with your console/profile though.

5 hours ago, Mudkippz907 said:

Will this affect my trophies at all or my PSNProfiles? Thanks.

The answer to your question is: Maybe. If your timestamps end up looking like they violate leaderboard rules, then yes. 

1 hour ago, DaivRules said:

No one at PSNProfiles would ever know you were banned from PSN unless you bring it up. 

“Restarting a trophy list” and “earning trophies you already earned” isn’t something that has to do with a ban though and is peculiar. 

Putting together a PSN ban and strange trophy behavior certainly indicates something isn’t normal with your console/profile though.

The answer to your question is: Maybe. If your timestamps end up looking like they violate leaderboard rules, then yes. 

Yeah I just have no idea, because before I put Ghosts in my PS3 it was sitting at 23% on my Trophy list even offline. So I was shocked when I put the game in, on the same profile I use with all my trophies still there. That my Trophy list was restarted. Only thing I can think of is when I sync when I am finally unbanned is that I will keep my old timestamps + the new ones I earned, or just have new timestamps for all.

On ps3 you can get rid of trophies if you delete the profile or reset your console before you sync them. Have the original 23% been synced? Maybe your harddrive had an error and lost some memory.

happened to me once and I completely lost some umsynced trophies that way. 

2 minutes ago, Ich1994-1994 said:

On ps3 you can get rid of trophies if you delete the profile or reset your console before you sync them. Have the original 23% been synced? Maybe your harddrive had an error and lost some memory.

happened to me once and I completely lost some umsynced trophies that way. 

The original trophies were back from 2015, I am replaying the game to at least finish the campaign on Veteran and all the campaign related trophies. I am just hoping it all syncs fine and I didnt fuck myself out of my platinum lol.

56 minutes ago, Mudkippz907 said:

Yeah I just have no idea, because before I put Ghosts in my PS3 it was sitting at 23% on my Trophy list even offline. So I was shocked when I put the game in, on the same profile I use with all my trophies still there. That my Trophy list was restarted. Only thing I can think of is when I sync when I am finally unbanned is that I will keep my old timestamps + the new ones I earned, or just have new timestamps for all.

Looking at your list on here, it looks like you have the list synched with 24% of the trophies: https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/2225-call-of-duty-ghosts/Mudkippz907

If the trophies that are re-popping are the same ones as you have on that list then you don't need to worry - the trophies were already synched when you earned them, and you can't overwrite a timestamp with a later date.

If you are getting trophies not on that list above popping, then they will show up with the new 2021 date. That may be an issue if any of them are autopopping or popping out of order this way. 

Edit: Just thought I'd add:

- You may have missing timestamps for the trophies, if the PS3 lost its connection to the time on Sony's servers. Missing timestamps will overwrite existing ones. This shouldn't get you flagged if it's offline trophies, but could affect things on your profile like milestones changing or not showing how long you took to plat if you care about that stuff. You should be able to check the local list offline to see if it has timestamps.

- It sounds like you're now unbanned & can sync the list. I'd recommend doing that now (either synching as is, or if you need to delete & start again then do that & then sync your list). That way your local list & online list will match, which will stop the issue going forward.

Edited by StacFace92

• 1 year later...
12 hours ago, Anxiety said:

I needed this topic because I’m currently Permabanned for a chargeback I didn’t do. 

So reading from the posts, I can earn trophies while banned and then I can sync them? 

If you are permanently banned from PSN then I don't think you can sync your trophies, because you need to be signed in to do that.

To address some of the earlier misinformation, if a PS3 game has been synced to your PSN account, and you play that game on a different PS3 (or if you factory reset the original PS3 console or delete the user) you'll temporarily get a 0% list until you manually re-sync with PSN where it'll accurately reflect your trophy progress that was saved on Sony's end.

Continuing to play without syncing will pop trophies you've probably already earned, but once you sync to PSN their timestamps will be from their original earned date/time.

• Like 3