The whole "Games Series" needs an overhaul.

On 16/09/2021 at 11:25 PM, Dreggit said:

As previously mentioned some many months ago, we only allow a game to belong to one series at this time. It was mentioned this might change when the series feature is fully public and no longer in a public beta state, but at this time, games do not share series.

This is the Game info Team's current stance on the matter. Also, see rule 7 of the Master List rules: LINK

7. Games may only belong in one series at this time. If a game would belong in two series, it is to be listed within the series that is the most prolific of the two.

13 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

This is the Game info Team's current stance on the matter. Also, see rule 7 of the Master List rules: LINK

Hence the need for the overhaul. It makes zero sense to have it set up so that a crossover game can only count towards one series. 

Plus, the idea that "Games Series" is ever coming out of a public beta is laughable. Just look at any other feature that's been abandoned on this site that's "in beta". 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

Since when do crossover events need to take place in both worlds? 
I get that some of you have been raised on the CW crossover events but that isn't how the term is define nor is it the only way that the term works.

What an absolutely condescending comment. I'm saying if a game is 50/50 on a crossover title, it belongs in both series as far as this site categorizes them. 

And since you want to be a know it all, this title takes place in a brand new world that neither series takes place in called Gameninjustri, which is a place that doesn't exist in either series. 

4 minutes ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

What an absolutely condescending comment. I'm saying if a game is 50/50 on a crossover title, it belongs in both series as far as this site categorizes them. 

And since you want to be a know it all, this title takes place in a brand new world that neither series takes place in called Gameninjustri, which is a place that doesn't exist in either series. 

Yup, that is another way to do a crossover. For example, Warriors Orichi is a crossover series that combines the Dynasty Warrior and Samurai Warrior characters in a place that doesn't exist in either series. 

Edited by TJ_Solo
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

Funnily enough, while they won't combine Demon's Souls with Dark Souls, they seemed to have no problem combining Yakuza and Judgment together.

Because Demon's Souls & Dark Souls aren't part of the same series and aren't related at all, but Judgment is a spinoff of the Yakuza series. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Helyx said:

Because Demon's Souls & Dark Souls aren't part of the same series and aren't related at all, but Judgment is a spinoff of the Yakuza series. 

I disagree.

Judgment is the spiritual successor to Yakuza, not a spinoff. It was intended to preserve the game play as Yakuza explores RPG elements. Just like how Dark Souls is the spiritual successor to Demon's Souls. There's also numerous references between the games like how Patches the Hyena exists in both titles and other references.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

This seems like one of those problems that is so meaningless that you should be thankful you could consider it a problem.

I would move it to the Neptunia series instead of Senran Kagura as it feels much more like a Neptunia game with a handful or Senran Kagura characters guest starring (they dont even drive the plot. New, original characters do that. haha. The didnt even think to include Rin in the same role Histy plays for the Neptunia group.)
But, in the end, I cant think of a more nothing problem.
You know what series it's part of.
Anyone that cares knows what series it's part of.
In this case, anyone that doesnt care would know,
There is no issue.

• Like 2

I think the main issue with the stance the site currently has is it’s opposite to what it was like before. When the game series thing launched here, they did put games in multiple series. So why the change? It was possible, it didn’t cause any problems (that I saw), it kept people happier. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

"7. Games may only belong in one series at this time. If a game would belong in two series, it is to be listed within the series that is the most prolific of the two."

hahahahaha what? since when is senran more prolific than fucking neptunia? practically everyone knows neptunia, maybe not by name but at least by "the girl with the d-pad hair"

• 7 months later...
On 2021年10月19日 at 9:25 AM, sepheroithisgod said:

I disagree.

Judgment is the spiritual successor to Yakuza, not a spinoff. It was intended to preserve the game play as Yakuza explores RPG elements. Just like how Dark Souls is the spiritual successor to Demon's Souls. There's also numerous references between the games like how Patches the Hyena exists in both titles and other references.

true, judgment is actually canon to the main yakuza/like a dragon series so it should stay lumped in with yakuza. Compare that to say fist of the north star lost paradise which dispite being a yakuza game in everything except ip exists in its own bubble where its only continuity is whatever parts of the manga that happened up to where the game is supposed to take place in the fotns timeline so of course we lump it in with kens rage 1 and 2 and not the yakuza/like a dragon franchise.