Splinter Cell Remake

ziggypossum

8 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Knowing Ubisoft, this will have tacked on MP, be open world and riddled with scummy microtransactions so hard pass.

I dont get this microtransaction stuff people talk about when it comes to Ubisoft games, which ones? In single player games, who gives a damn about that? I have played most Ubisoft games and never been bothered by those at all, just dont use it. It doesnt add anything to the game except for cosmetics. 

Or a booster in a car game cause people dont have time to grind, why would I care if they do that, in a single player game, I just dont get it?

It really feels like people are complaining just to complain. 

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Knowing Ubisoft, this will have tacked on MP, be open world and riddled with scummy microtransactions so hard pass.

The original Splinter Cell had one of the best MP experiences. Not to mention, Ubisoft is not stupid for forcing their formula on every game. Also, microtransactions? Really? They are always hidden somewhere in the submenu hardly impacting the game. No need to be an edgelord.

Edited by BloodyRutz

40 minutes ago, BloodyRutz said:

Also, microtransactions? Really? They are always hidden somewhere in the submenu hardly impacting the game. No need to be an edgelord.

Nothing edgelord about it. Microtransactions in a single player game of any kind are scummy, predatory and detrimental to the game- something has been cut down, nerfed or screwed with for them to be implemented in the first place.

• Like 3

Ugh... expect a Division/Ghost Recon/Far Cry open world, mishmash of a game with no identity of its own, with all of the usual Ubisoft tackiness included. Probably a tacked on Battle Royale mode, year 1, 2, & 3 season passes, forced online connection even for the single player, and an in-game store full of "time saver" MTXs. I don't get why people were calling for this for so long. You just know Ubisoft are going to ruin it. Ubisoft are the epitome of a creatively bankrupt developer, as proven by their recent announcements and plans for existing franchises. I honestly couldn't care any less about anything coming from them, now or in the future.

Oh wow. And here I was thinking that Ubisoft forgot about Splinter Cell outside of milking the fans for tacked on Splinter Cell references in other games. I don't really see how Splinter Cell can work in an open-world environment similar to MGSV if they take it in that direction. MGSV worked since we saw a smaller version in MGS3/4, so it made sense to make it all one big map. But the entire point of Splinter Cell is to work in darkness and take the "stealthy not flashy" route, not the "over the top" style of MGS, I mean, MGS had walking tanks of doom, nanomachines, son! and speedrunning cyborgs that constantly screams about pain.

Splinter Cell is about a dude lurking around in the dark, defusing the problem before anyone even knows he got there.

• Like 2

I kinda hope they go back to straight stealth like in the older games (Pandora Tomorrow/Chaos Theory), but if I had to guess it'll probably be more along the lines of Conviction/Blacklist style. They were all awesome games and the "Mark & Execute" feature they added in Conviction was definitely a nice welcomed change of pace at the time, but I want a straight up OG stealth Sam Fisher back. I feel like the stealth genre as a whole has been sorely lacking the last 5-8 years in comparison to RPGs/Looter Shooters/BRs. At this point though I'll be happy with any Splinter Cell game that's not the typical Ubisoft model of 100's of collectibles, climbing high toweres, and colored rarity gear.

Video game Elders God's ? please don't tease us just to end up with more Ubisoft fuckery, I beg of thee....

• Like 1

17 hours ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

I agree. Especially since it had no MP.

Pandora Tomorrow was the first SC game to have a Spies Vs Mercs mode.

By the original Splinter Cell, I meant the trilogy before the series went downhill. Since I don't remember if I liked more PT or Chaos Theory MP, I just went with "the original Splinter Cell". I'm fully aware PT was first. I knew I had to edit my comment. In the end, I'm on the internet where everybody tries to prove somebody wrong. My bad.

17 hours ago, Stan Lee said:

Nothing edgelord about it. Microtransactions in a single player game of any kind are scummy, predatory and detrimental to the game- something has been cut down, nerfed or screwed with for them to be implemented in the first place.

And I'm sure I'm not gonna like them once I'll be playing Ubisoft's single-player game and actually notice the nerf in it. So far, it didn't happen. And like I said, if I didn't know about them, I wouldn't even find them. The latest example is Valhalla, the last Ubisoft's game I played.

Edited by BloodyRutz

2 hours ago, BloodyRutz said:

By the original Splinter Cell, I meant the trilogy before the series went downhill. Since I don't remember if I liked more PT or Chaos Theory MP, I just went with "the original Splinter Cell".

Yeah... that only makes sense in your head.

2 hours ago, BloodyRutz said:

In the end, I'm on the internet where everybody tries to prove somebody wrong. My bad.

?

11 hours ago, Pray_4_the_End said:

I kinda hope they go back to straight stealth like in the older games (Pandora Tomorrow/Chaos Theory), but if I had to guess it'll probably be more along the lines of Conviction/Blacklist style. They were all awesome games and the "Mark & Execute" feature they added in Conviction was definitely a nice welcomed change of pace at the time, but I want a straight up OG stealth Sam Fisher back. I feel like the stealth genre as a whole has been sorely lacking the last 5-8 years in comparison to RPGs/Looter Shooters/BRs. At this point though I'll be happy with any Splinter Cell game that's not the typical Ubisoft model of 100's of collectibles, climbing high toweres, and colored rarity gear.

Video game Elders God's 1f64f.png please don't tease us just to end up with more Ubisoft fuckery, I beg of thee....

This.

I really hope they make a decent game, just like in the old days. With memorable ambiant music like the CIA headquarters mission. 

• Like 1

I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt. Just make a good Splinter Cell that's similar to Chaos Theory, my favorite of the series due to open level structure. I don't need Mark & Execute / Assault style, it's too aggressive for my point of view, but Ghost and Panther style is ok.

Take a look at Deus Ex Human Revolution for how to build an open minded not open too big open world

20 hours ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

Meanwhile, everyone who hasn't played Blacklist should really give it a chance, 'cause it is a great game.

One of the best looking 3rd party PS3 titles I've played. Gameplay and story are also cool.

I really wanna second this. The Blacklist singleplayer really was an enjoyable experience. Can't speak for the MP, it was empty when I played the game. Plat is actually also still possible. So give it a go if you haven't played it yet.