Warning: This game can be very buggy

Long-Ryde

No pun intended! 

I heard that EU got a patch (1.03) that's made things tolerable. I've been playing on NA's 1.02 and have experienced a number of glitches during my playtime:

1. The mission associated with the trophy Lord Of The Flies did not appear for me (I had to buy a physical copy and downgrade to version 1.00 to make it appear)

2. When I unintentionally let my game go back to v1.02, after getting Lord Of The Flies, all of my challenges disappeared across the map, so I couldn't have a chance at finishing any challenge related trophies on that save. I had to start a new game to finish the remaining challenges I had in each category because the "Feat" progress is continuous across save files.

3. The "Edible Frog" is one of the animals needed for the trophy Gotta Catch 'Em All trophy. I was unable to get it to register. I confirmed that this is generally a glitch, from looking up a trophy guide: https://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/bee-simulator/guide/#item-284952 - Luckily you can start a new game and collect/buy animal statues again for it to count, similar to point #2.

4. The distance traveled counter for the trophy To Infinity And Beyond stopped counting at 6950m for me, I'm not sure when or what made it stop, but even though the "Statistics" page was counting. The "Feat" number never counted my flying again, no matter which save I used. I deleted my saves entirely and rubberbanded my controller in an attempt to get 10km of flying because I was just sick of the game at that point.

Good Luck to anyone else who attempts this, I personally won't support or suggest games from developers that can't get side missions and stats correct.

• 3 weeks later...

I finally got the platinum .. The counter for the flying distance stopped three times after I quit the game and reloaded it again. I finally decided upon starting yet another new save and keep the game running until I had that one done at least.
In the end I actually managed to find all the challenges. The one thing that still doesn't work is the yellow garden spider. But starting a new game on the 2nd save slot and getting any random statue there still works, so I got the platinum. I probably could have done the flying distance that way as well, oh well, it worked out in the end, somehow.

Also, the "it's a zoo out there" feat didn't check properly on my play through where I got 7 our of 8 animals correct. I still have no idea which I got wrong. I got all 8 corect on my final playthrough and they the in game feat properly checked. Trophy wise there wasn't any problem at least.

Without these glitches it's a wonderful game, real shame it wasn't bugtested properly, or maybe having bugs in it fits the theme -_-.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm playing the game now on my ps5 and it's runnen good. First I have 9/10 little bee's found, 16/17 dance challenges and i can't completed a big stink. I played first on my save from the ps4 the lord of flies trophy popped and did some trophies I needed. Them I started a new game and found 1 little bee the trophy popped completed 1 dance challenge the trophy popped.

Maybe this is a good way to try it, it worked for me 1 more trophy and platinum.

• 5 months later...

Ok, now I see what people mean, thought I'd play this on a different account first from what people have said about it being buggy and I'm so glad I did. Finished the story and most of the feats and side quests but one remained to clean up, played all day and the only thing left to do was 'Collect Pollen from 3000 Flowers' - left it at 2500 so only had a small bit of work to do the following day, came back the following day and nothing had saved even though I'd gotten the trophies, my flower count was at 1200, 6/10 Little Bees found, multiple feats I'd done yesterday greyed out. So I thought ok, I'll see if I can knock all of the now-greyed out feats in one playthrough starting with the most difficult 3000 flowers and try and force an auto-save.

Couple of hours later, 3000 is done, trophy popped, and learnt that you can purchase the 3D models from the Glossary and it will force a save. Awesome, so cleaned up the last feats I'd already done before (Spider Webs, Court Document, Street Lamp etc.) the final one needed was Little Bees - it was saying I was at 6/10. So upon revisiting the locations of all 10, none of them were appearing. The game had somehow saved that I'd gotten them all previously so wasn't loading them, yet still telling me 6/10. Rage starting to bubble now I thought no worries, everything else is done and saved, 4 more Little Bees on a new save slot and new playthrough should be fine as I know that progress of Feats carries over. Purchased a 3D model in the Glossary just to be sure of it all being saved, the save icon stops fluttering and I close and restart the game.

Check the the feats just to be sure aaaaand back to square one! 1200/3000 Flowers, all the Feats I'd just done TWICE before now greyed out again. I don't know wtf the auto-save icon is actually saving but strangely I still had over 10,000 knowledge points from the 4000+ Flowers I'd previously stored. So the platinum is unattainable even in one bulk playthrough if the Little Bees aren't appearing and nothing is saving. I literally have all of trophies for all of the feats but not the trophy to get all of the feats done which is the last one before the platinum. Wonderful.

Its buggy as Hell, I have all 11 statues for the Gotta Catch Um All trophy, but the game is saying I only have 8/11 of them And my spider webs have gone back down to 14 and bully-free zone back to 2. Even though I have popped the trophy for both

Edited by Im_Not_Banksy