Run on Sentence bug

El_Trophynador

Just a warning.

Up until this DLC everything was fine, I even got the platinum for the main game. I played the signal once and it played fine. Now I'm going for the no death run without reloading and the DLC is constantly crashing making the run on sentence trophy unobtainable. It always crashes around the section where the playground equipment is. Sometimes before it, sometimes a little after it. The furthest I've gotten is to the furnace section before it crashes again.

Anyone else experiencing this. I've deleted and reinstalled the game and same thing happens. On version 1.01

EDIT: if anyone else has this issue go ahead and play The Writer DLC and then come back to The Signal DLC and attempt it again. It stopped crashing and the trophy popped after skipping the ending but had to close and restart the game as it just went to a black screen afterwards, which seems to be another issue as well.

Edited by El_Trophynador
  • Like 3

I never had it crash on me. I did play on Performance mode however so I'm not sure if that makes a difference. The only technical issue I had was for some reason every time I beat the DLC and skipped the credits it would just stay on a black screen and I had to close the game. Apparently this was something that happened on Xbox too. It never happened on The Writer though.

Yeah I was having crashes in the area just before the playground. First time through was perfect but I sadly died so I didn't get it first playthrough. I attempted it another 4-5 times and it kept crashing in roughly the same spot. I thought crashes and freezes were fine since I didn't die or restart checkpoint but I got to the final boss, beat him, and it went black screen just before the credits. 

If completing The Writer fixes it, I'll take your word for it. 

1 hour ago, Bee-Tips said:

Yeah I was having crashes in the area just before the playground. First time through was perfect but I sadly died so I didn't get it first playthrough. I attempted it another 4-5 times and it kept crashing in roughly the same spot. I thought crashes and freezes were fine since I didn't die or restart checkpoint but I got to the final boss, beat him, and it went black screen just before the credits. 

If completing The Writer fixes it, I'll take your word for it. 

Yeah unfortunately even if it crashes and you continue it voids the run on sentence trophy.

I was surprised it actually worked and didn't crash at all after playing the writer DLC. I even played it twice because my first run after the writer I died at the wheels section. Started again, did it without dying and it popped like it supposed to. I just hope the no death run in the writer doesn't screw up as well.

4 minutes ago, El_Trophynador said:

Yeah unfortunately even if it crashes and you continue it voids the run on sentence trophy.

I was surprised it actually worked and didn't crash at all after playing the writer DLC. I even played it twice because my first run after the writer I died at the wheels section. Started again, did it without dying and it popped like it supposed to. I just hope the no death run in the writer doesn't screw up as well.

Did you get all the trophies in Writer before going back to Signal? I only need the trophy for beating Writer without dying now, same with Signal.

3 hours ago, El_Trophynador said:

No not all of them. I need the no death one and the tornado one in the writer. I'll attempt that today.

I did Signal after finishing Writer and it worked just like you said it would. I've just got the no-death run on writer and I'm done.

Must be a PS4 thing perhaps, I had 0 crashes on PS5. Very annoying though crashing there I bet.

I got videos btw if any1 interested for platinum, DLCs as well, on those we do all trophies in 50 mins, The Writer is very annoying trying to do all trophies at once.

The DLCs really emphasise how bad the controls are

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fr33d0mT0uch said:

DLC crashes for me too (PS4 pro) . Don't have physical version. I tried reinstalling the game and finished the other dlc. Must wait for a patch or buying the physical version....insane for a remastered an issue like that

That’s sucks man, but what you could try is deleting your save file then maybe it will work without crashing?

8 minutes ago, Fryerisgod said:

Same issue on ps4 pro.  It is the only trophy I have left to get and nothing has worked.  I tried playing without updates and it crashed more.  I beat The Writer and it still crashed.  

Dam that sucks doing the writer DLC and going back to the signal DLC doesn't solve it. 

It worked on my vanilla PS4.

My only guess is to delete the save but I'm not sure if you can do the DLC without playing the main game again. 

Maybe someone here would know if you can play the DLC without having to play the main game, I never tried it.

11 hours ago, El_Trophynador said:

Dam that sucks doing the writer DLC and going back to the signal DLC doesn't solve it. 

It worked on my vanilla PS4.

My only guess is to delete the save but I'm not sure if you can do the DLC without playing the main game again. 

Maybe someone here would know if you can play the DLC without having to play the main game, I never tried it.

You can, the dlc episodes are unlocked from the start, but you have to fully install the game before their available(I dont mean the updates btw just the full game install)

Edited by Wild-Arms-R

Naw deleting the save didn't help either.  I uploaded my save to the cloud about half way through the story so I am going to  try downloading that and playing it.  My first playthrough of the dlc went fine and didn't crash once, then after completing it and going for the Run on Sentence trophy it crashes all the time.  

Edit:  It was a bust.  Oh well guess I'll move onto something else and hope that it gets fixed.

Edited by Fryerisgod

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve had no issues whatsoever with crashes during a playthrough of the main story or my first run of The Signal DLC. But about 10 mins into my Run On Sentence run, the game crashes. Very frustrating issue to add to what is already a very frustrating and tedious game to begin with.

Going to go and skip ahead to The Writer like you guys suggested, then come back later. I’ll update my progress later if I can get it to work. Good luck to everyone else dealing with this bs.

Ultimately I was able to skirt around the crashing issue and pop the trophy by deleting & reinstalling the Alan Wake application in offline mode, and then playing in v1.00. I did not delete my save data. 

Note that this did not immediately fix the issue. It crashed on me another 2-3 times before the church, so I tried closing down the application and restarting the console, which seemed to completely fix the problem. So if it doesn’t fix the problem right away keep trying a few more times until it sticks.

Due to my own dumb ass luck I died on the final boss (lol) and once again at the street lamps section. But each time, quitting the game, restarting, and starting the episode over again allowed me to progress past the bugged area no problem.

Vanilla PS4

Physical disc version

Hope that info helps someone else who’s dealing with this buggy ass trophy. Good luck. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

Ultimately I was able to skirt around the crashing issue and pop the trophy by deleting & reinstalling the Alan Wake application in offline mode, and then playing in v1.00. I did not delete my save data. 

Note that this did not immediately fix the issue. It crashed on me another 2-3 times before the church, so I tried closing down the application and restarting the console, which seemed to completely fix the problem. So if it doesn’t fix the problem right away keep trying a few more times until it sticks.

Due to my own dumb ass luck I died on the final boss (lol) and once again at the street lamps section. But each time, quitting the game, restarting, and starting the episode over again allowed me to progress past the bugged area no problem.

Vanilla PS4

Physical disc version

Hope that info helps someone else who’s dealing with this buggy ass trophy. Good luck. 

You deleting game entirely but keeping save file helped me as well on my base ps4.

So I’ll vonch for this one.