Run on Sentence bug

El_Trophynador

• 5 weeks later...

Trying to pass DLC1 in one sitting, the game regularly crashed. Nothing helped: save, restart the console, or DLC2 playthrough. But during the first playthrough there were no crashes at all, and I wondered - why?

The fact that during the first playthrough I (and probably many others) finished DLC1 in slow pace, putting the game on pause, watching videos with collectibles and other trophies. I noticed that when I paused the game, my console was making quite a loud noise, and when paused, it "calmed down". My hunch is that the crashes were due to console overheating, and pausing prevents the crashes.

So I decided to follow the hunch - for 5 attempts of playing with a periodic pause the game never crashed. After fifth successful attempt the trophy was obtained.

Of course, there are no guarantees, but it's worth the shot.

• Like 2

I had the exact same issue and it kept crashing under the church. I decided to restart my PS4 and took my time going through it. Like in the above post, I think there is some truth to not skipping scenes and running through it. I did speed run under the church to the climb sign though, just in case the game was thinking about crashing.

I was very relieved to finally get the trophy!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Tried it again with 1.05 and it still crashes.  I even got my original ps4 out to try it and it crashed right at the end.

Edit:  I FINALLY got it.  Used my original ps4, reinstalled the game and turned off my network connection.  Skipped all but the last cutscene too.  I never want to play this game again.

Edited by Fryerisgod
Update
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I don't know if I'm going to suffer this bug too, but I got annoyed while attempting "An idyllic small town". Game kept crashing during chapter 5 in several places,

I tried to uninstall/install the game, nothing changed.

I tried to uninstall/install the game OFFLINE, avoiding to load patch 1.05, playing OFFLINE, and it worked.

I don't know if I must continue to play it this way for my nightmare run and the DLCs, or if I can restore that last patch.

Game ran like a breeze during my entire normal playthrough. That's weird.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 2021-10-20 at 0:01 AM, Redgrave said:

I never had it crash on me. I did play on Performance mode

The game has a Performance mode? Couldn't find it in the options. My PS5 is set to favour performance, but I was under the impression it's for games with multiple quality modes.

7 hours ago, Jakkal_SWE said:

The game has a Performance mode? Couldn't find it in the options. My PS5 is set to favour performance, but I was under the impression it's for games with multiple quality modes.

I played it on a PS4 Pro so I wouldn't know if the option shows up on PS5 but I don't see why it wouldn't.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Redgrave said:

I played it on a PS4 Pro so I wouldn't know if the option shows up on PS5 but I don't see why it wouldn't.

Ok, I guess it's an option in the native PS4-version. I'm playing the native PS5-version, makes sense considering the horsepower of the PS5, no modes since it plays the game at maximum output (resolution and framerate) without issues.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 28/06/2023 at 0:21 PM, HuntingFever said:

Did they they ever fix the stability problems with this game or is it still a crapshoot as to if this DLC will be unplayable or not?

No, they didn't fix anything, and they never will, they are too busy releasing Alan Wake 2, which probably will have tons of bugs as well.

The Signal DLC still a fuckfest of crashes. I did the first run without crashes or 1, can't remember, but I'm trying now to get the no-death trophy, but it's fucking impossible. The game crashes everywhere no matter what I do. I tried deleting the save file, I restarted the console, I tried to go slow so the game would render better, nothing fixed. It's hilarious that they put a no-death trophy for a DLC that it's impossible to play and that crashes all the time, especially when there are tons of enemies, which is something the game itself forces you to go through. So who knows, maybe persistence and luck will net me the trophy, but I won't count on the help of Remedy. Rarely a developer cares about such stuff, and if they never fixed it since release it's not now that they will do it. The DLC remains a shitshow, so here's the warning for any trophy hunter who tries to get it.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Boni_Neto said:

No, they didn't fix anything, and they never will, they are too busy releasing Alan Wake 2, which probably will have tons of bugs as well.

The Signal DLC still a fuckfest of crashes. I did the first run without crashes or 1, can't remember, but I'm trying now to get the no-death trophy, but it's fucking impossible. The game crashes everywhere no matter what I do. I tried deleting the save file, I restarted the console, I tried to go slow so the game would render better, nothing fixed. It's hilarious that they put a no-death trophy for a DLC that it's impossible to play and that crashes all the time, especially when there are tons of enemies, which is something the game itself forces you to go through. So who knows, maybe persistence and luck will net me the trophy, but I won't count on the help of Remedy. Rarely a developer cares about such stuff, and if they never fixed it since release it's not now that they will do it. The DLC remains a shitshow, so here's the warning for any trophy hunter who tries to get it.

Thanks for info, I'll scratch this game off my list since I don't have the time or patience for dealing with BS issues like this.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Thanks for info, I'll scratch this game off my list since I don't have the time or patience for dealing with BS issues like this.

I experienced a few crashes in the church basement. I think that was alleviated by completing The Writer DLC or by walking very slowly when entering the church basement. The guides rated the no-death DLC trophies as 3/10 difficulty but I had a good amount of trouble with them. I’d rate the no-death trophies at a 6.5 or 7 out of 10 difficulty, although when I finally beat them after a lot of attempts on the Ps5, my strategy clicked and I was able to beat them on the Ps4 version on my first try. The platforming is also super janky. For me, the crashes didn’t pose a significant issue but in hindsight I would avoid the game because the gameplay is really dated and gets boring fairly quickly. Add in collecting 100+ thermoses and the game starts to feel like a chore rather than a fun experience. The sequel however looks pretty awesome. 

I got the trophy finally. I came to realize that the crashes would only happen in the first half of the DLC, as I didn't experience any in the second half. What I did different to go through the first half was to take things even slower. I also avoided illuminating the first two supply words (the one inside the tool store, and the other in the small park right after that). I don't know, but almost every time that I would pick them up, the game would crash when the enemies materialized right after. Finally, the thing that I consider the most important is that every time that I hit a checkpoint, I would pause the game, wait for the save symbol to disappear, wait a few more seconds for the game to "center itself" after the checkpoint, and then proceed. I did that up until the end with every single checkpoint and finally got a crash-free run. In the church basement, I tried to take all the enemies one-by-one, or in small groups, because I also got a crash there, and I suspect that it was because I ran straight to the stairs with the world behind me, and the game simply couldn't take so much craziness at the same time.

8 hours ago, Prosser187ATX said:

The platforming is also super janky. For me, the crashes didn’t pose a significant issue but in hindsight I would avoid the game because the gameplay is really dated and gets boring fairly quickly. Add in collecting 100+ thermoses and the game starts to feel like a chore rather than a fun experience. The sequel however looks pretty awesome. 

Agreed. It's remarkable how Remedy basically copied and pasted almost every single element, aspect and mechanics from the first 2 Max Paynes into this game. I mean, even the method and sound of how Alan opens a door is the same as in Max Payne. The jumps are awful (The Writer DLC was terrible in that aspect), the voice acting is not the best, the fights are repetitive and not satisfying at all, and Alan Payne has the stamina of a person with morbid obesity.

Anyway, I did the second DLC of Max Wake, and to my surprise, I got no crashes with that one. So the problem seems to be exclusive to the first DLC. To all trophy hunters who are going for it, I can say now that it's possible, but you gotta be really careful with your steps, and even that is not guaranteed.

Edited by Boni_Neto
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Im bringing this up again as in trying to do everything that has been writing here and i cant seem to do it.

My game crashes everytime after the sequence of the flying cars right at the start of the game. Im waiting 5 mins between every checkpoint and i skipped some item bubbles to make sure its not them and i still cant seem to get a crash free run. How can they make such a buggy episode 

If someone had a successful run recently or at least knows something more than what has been writing here please say what to do as im giving up i cant do it 

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/20/2021 at 12:22 AM, El_Trophynador said:

Just a warning.

Up until this DLC everything was fine, I even got the platinum for the main game. I played the signal once and it played fine. Now I'm going for the no death run without reloading and the DLC is constantly crashing making the run on sentence trophy unobtainable. It always crashes around the section where the playground equipment is. Sometimes before it, sometimes a little after it. The furthest I've gotten is to the furnace section before it crashes again.

Anyone else experiencing this. I've deleted and reinstalled the game and same thing happens. On version 1.01

EDIT: if anyone else has this issue go ahead and play The Writer DLC and then come back to The Signal DLC and attempt it again. It stopped crashing and the trophy popped after skipping the ending but had to close and restart the game as it just went to a black screen afterwards, which seems to be another issue as well.

i can confirm this , i tried to get this trophy and each time it crashes usually  may be 6 or 7 times , then i read this advice  , So  i played the writer Episode once , closed the ps4 , open the game again and started The Signal Episode , and what a surprise it actually worked and passed the garden and church  with no Crash , but unfortunately from my joy i died twice and i had to restart the run twice till i get the trophy on the third time 

thanks for the advice it worked for me on ps4 with last update ( digital version )  

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...