Any tips for clearing all 12 floors of the Spiral Abyss

SimmondsR

I really don't care about 3 starring each floor I just want to pass the damn thing.

Was just wondering if anyone had some good advice for passing this fucking abomination of a feature.

And please please, I know some Genshin Players are super-elite and that's great I'm really glad you've found your niche but I don't need people to tell me to spend money or fucking telling me to git gud. Only legit, advice probably more from the F2P community.

For a general idea of my damage, I can clear 95% of Domains in under a minute, and the newest weekly boss maybe under 2:30 - 3 minutes.

Edit

I should also include that currently on 19/10/2021 I have gotten up to Floor 11-3.

Edited by SimmondsR

30 minutes ago, BeautifulTorment said:

Post your characters page. It will really help if you have good team compositions with proper roles.

I just tried to link my PSN to the HoyoLabs and it gave me a fucking migraine, have no idea what backwards yokel was in charge of linking accounts but fuck me, even Ubisoft can figure that shit out. So, unfortunately, I can't post a link to my characters

31 minutes ago, Connie said:

What characters do you have on genshin impact 

So I have.... (in order of   Character > Level > Weapon > Artifact Set

My Primary Team

Klee - Lvl 90 - Skyward Atlus - 4 Set Crimson Witch of Flames

Ayaka - Lvl 90 - Amenoma Kageuchi - 4 Set Blizzard Strayer

Jean - Lvl 90 - The Black Sword - 4 Set Gladiator's Finale

Raiden - Lvl 90 - The Catch - 4 Set Emblem of Severed Fate

My Secondary Team

Mona - Lvl 88 - The Widsith - 4 Set Noblesse Oblige 

Bennet - Lvl 80 - Aquila Favonia - 4 Set Noblesse Oblige

Rosaria - Lvl 90 - Dragonspine Spear - 4 Set Gladiator's Finale

Barbara - Lvl 50 - Have no idea - (Earning the Healing artifacts right now) This is absolutely my weak point, needed a second healer so I'm currently building her.

I'm still in the process of building and perfecting my secondary Team, and I mix and match these characters from both teams when in the Spiral Abyss.

• Like 1

Agreed with the above, would add that id focus hp artifacts with energy recharge and atk% with your Bennett and try to get a min c1 if you have the opportunity again and he will become your best healer no doubt. I'd also think about replacing your Barbara with a diona or a xinqui as they'd be better support characters that can also heal if you feel you need that, you shouldn't need too healers on Bennett team 

• Like 1

I'm so damn close man..... that Maguu Kenki...... on Floor 12-2. I can get him down to quarter health and then the asshole just constantly starts warping everywhere ?

14 hours ago, Dead Weight said:

When in doubt, build the national team

Xiangling

Xingqiu

Bennett

Sucrose/Chongyun ( Raiden and Kazuha are also great characters for this flex spot)

Yeah, it's totally my own fault that I didn't work on any of the support characters early on. I've got Bennett but he's still a work in progress, I've heard Sucrose is good too and I've just recently got a C6 Xingqiu but never bothered to build him up.....it's soo long :( 

• Like 1

This is just horrible...I think I'm gonna throw in the towel....

Like I feel this whole thing is just straight up broken :/ my characters can breeze through the Campaign, Event quests, and anything else. So, I feel my characters are built somewhat well enough but the ridiculous health pool all the enemies have on Floor 12-3 is just....fucked I just don't have the DPS check characters (Eula or Hutao) whoever designed the Spiral Abyss and whoever decided to put it in the Platinum trophy list deserves a special seat somewhere in a dark fucking pit....

Out of all of the games I've ever Platinumed this one just straight feels unfair and out of reach because I didn't pay £1000+ for multiple constellation characters and weapons. Like I feel this shit should be somewhat achievable but fuck me I guess.....yet another game ruined by streamers & 'pros' because they endlessly complain that everything is too easy because they either get free shit/have multiple amounts of money to buy Constellations or have the time of day to play this shit 24/7

I apologise for the rant but this shit has left a real pile of shit taste in my mouth......Mihoyo...

Fuck.You.

On 10/24/2021 at 3:49 PM, SimmondsR said:

Like I feel this whole thing is just straight up broken :/ my characters can breeze through the Campaign, Event quests, and anything else. So, I feel my characters are built somewhat well enough but the ridiculous health pool all the enemies have on Floor 12-3 is just....fucked I just don't have the DPS check characters (Eula or Hutao) whoever designed the Spiral Abyss and whoever decided to put it in the Platinum trophy list deserves a special seat somewhere in a dark fucking pit....

Out of all of the games I've ever Platinumed this one just straight feels unfair and out of reach because I didn't pay £1000+ for multiple constellation characters and weapons. Like I feel this shit should be somewhat achievable but fuck me I guess.....yet another game ruined by streamers & 'pros' because they endlessly complain that everything is too easy because they either get free shit/have multiple amounts of money to buy Constellations or have the time of day to play this shit 24/7

I apologise for the rant but this shit has left a real pile of shit taste in my mouth......Mihoyo...

Fuck.You.

I am a complete free to play and got the abyss trophy done right before the PS5 version came out I believe. Abyss is meant to be the real end game content, where you must have absolute builds on all your characters that you are using. You should have a shield on both teams, a healer, and a DPS with a support DPS. Some people say on certain runs, one character change makes an absolutely complete difference. Heck, there are youtubers who can beat the final abyss stage with only the beginning characters because they spent weeks to months building artifact builds for those characters.

This is a trophy you have to spend usually months on preparing for. Make sure you have the right weapons, have amazing artifact builds, have your talents all leveled up high to at least all 6-7 each. Just because you can breeze through campaign, events, and domains and bosses, doesn't mean anything. Almost anyone can do it even with half baked builds/artifacts. Every piece of content in the game is extremely easy. The only tough part is Abyss, which tests everything you know about constant elemental reactions, team building, and artifact builds with super high talent levels and the like. Abyss will tear you apart if you don't have it set up right.

It took me like 8 months I believe to get good enough builds to get the abyss done. So it takes a long time and dedication.

• Like 1

I cleared this a while ago, but yeah everytime a new character comes out the Spiral Abyss gets changed in such a way that it heavily favours that character.  I got it when Eula came out, went through 30 condensed resin to get a half decent artifact set and managed to knock it out.

Your teams are actually better than mine were/are.  I'd say another important factor to clearing the abyss is having a decent 'Blessing Of The Abyssal Moon', some are shit, but others are massively beneficial.  I believe there are ones that massively buff attack under certain circumstances, believe me they make a massive difference.

I'm with you though, it's massively unbalanced, I can still clear it, but I don't bother as I rarely earn enough stars for Primos at 11+

P.S Fuck Corrosive

On 10/24/2021 at 9:49 PM, SimmondsR said:

Fuck.You.

I personally treat Genshin Impact as though it were a subscription service. I pay for the Welkin Moon once a month and nothing else. No battle pass, no paying more for extra primos for 5 star weapons, none of that.

Since the Spiral Abyss changes what's on it every so often, i would say keep building your characters until a challenge comes up that's a bit better for your team. I've got through all 12 floors a couple of times now, but i'll be the first to admit, sometimes the setups they put in there, are far harder than others.

I've played this game literally every day since it came out, and the amount of free primo's you get from opening chests, doing challenges, playing the new updates etc. should be more than enough for getting some decent 5 star characters and plenty of 4 star constellations.

Remember, when it comes to your five stars on the pink wishes banner, you initially have a 50/50 shot at getting the banner characters, if you fail that 50/50, your next 5 star character on the pink wishes banner WILL BE that banners 5 star, so you can kinda plan ahead on which 5 star you want.

Having said all this, people who are free to play, have managed to do all 12 floors with just the basic 4 stars and traveler, so fortunately the game is not 'pay to win' as such.

People have already made suggestions on team comps, so i'll just throw in my two cents when it comes to damage dealing. Razor is an absolute powerhouse if you slap loads of physical damage bonus stuff onto him, forget his electricity, physical dmg is where it's at.

And here's the part where i'm gonna get a few people telling me how shit i am for using her, but don't underestimate Xinyan.

Much like Razor, i've slapped physical damage on her as well, since her pyro damage really isn't that good. But that initial hit on her ultimate, if you're close to the enemy, can do a huuuuuge amount of damage. Couple that with the fact that you can get her to do it almost constantly, and it gives you a shield, she's my frontline and center fighter, and i have almost every 5 star character going at this point. Plus you can get her for free right now with the current event going on, so don't sleep on her  :) 

You'll get it done eventually, it's a ball buster to be sure, but if you get someone like Xinyan that can shield you from up close Maguu Kenki attacks, you can get right up in his face and there's nothing he can do about it. Also don't forget to try and time your r1 dashes when he attacks, you do get split second i-frames, and that has saved my ass on more than one occasion.

27 minutes ago, Dark_Overlord said:

P.S Fuck Corrosive

I second this.

Corrosive is massively unfair, and i didn't really even bother doing Spiral Abyss at all when it was introduced, even with Kokomi as healer.

1 hour ago, Dark_Overlord said:

I cleared this a while ago, but yeah everytime a new character comes out the Spiral Abyss gets changed in such a way that it heavily favours that character. 

That's the real problem with it. 

It's annoying to spend potentially weeks or months building up a team only for it to be completely useless at tackling that particular Abyss with new enemies and conditions, especially if you were far into an existing challenge which then gets reset because you forgot or something. But hey you gotta keep those whales entertained somehow.

Anyway I did the one I think just before Sangonomiya came out and I feel that Floor 11 was a lot harder than 12, even though I got no stars on Floor 12 at all lol. If you're going for the plat then there is zero need to get any stars on 12, you just have to clear it.

I know it's tough to wait OP but I would possibly wait until Diona or another shielded character gets a rerun. They're basically essential for avoiding damage consistently. I think I even had Noelle as an emergency shielder. Xingqiu is also good. Also while artifact sets are important you need to make sure they have at the very least good primary stat buffs that compliment the character. Sub stats are also important to some degree but I would say far less so unless they're for flowers or feathers, especially if you're just looking to do the bare minimum to clear Floor 12. This is a pretty good resource to give you an idea of building a decent character and it updates all the time with new characters. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gNxZ2xab1J6o1TuNVWMeLOZ7TPOqrsf3SshP5DLvKzI/pubhtml?gid=654398186#

This is all really great advice people, just want to take a moment to appreciate that not a single person has been even remotely toxic in this thread, and reminds me why the PSNProfiles community is my favorite.

I was just super mad at the time but I realise that this is just a time sink and I'm going to have to accept that. 

I started to level up Xingqiu when I was on Floor 11 and I definitely began to see the difference he brought to the team (managed to clear Maguu Kenki so much easier).

It just seems that on Floor 12-3 I'm just unable to do really large raw damage to bring the enemies down fast enough. I feel my Healer side of things is all good now. 

I think what I need is a decent shield character (Zhongli would be a godsend) because I don't have a single one leveled up and a big-hitter, I have Klee and Ayaka so I might have to boost them up a little more.

My only hope is that they don't just keep making the Spiral Abyss harder. I feel that if I played Genshin earlier (I started playing a month after the PS5 release) I might have had an easier time but now they've added just harder enemies in general to the game it seems to have gotten harder as time has progressed. So my only hope is as people say to have a decent Blessing Of The Abyssal Moon and just smash my head through it.

Again though, you've all been really amazing for your comments and help.

Hoping I get Eula in the future both for the Spiral Abyss (and I absolutely love her in every way) hopefully they will rerun her banner soon.

On 10/26/2021 at 1:49 PM, Dark_Overlord said:

Depends how long OP wants to wait to do spiral abyss, Zhongli is def the best for shields but he's also a 5* :)

For me, I usually try and plan my 5 stars out as early as possible, this includes looking at who is coming from the beta and seeing if their kits will benefit me. I say Zhongli is a must have unit for when he comes around, so have 180 summons around for two guaranteed pities, or if you get a 50/50 months from now and fail it, save it for him.

I'm just saying months from now when he returns, he will still have amazing defense!

On 10/26/2021 at 3:17 PM, SimmondsR said:

This is all really great advice people, just want to take a moment to appreciate that not a single person has been even remotely toxic in this thread, and reminds me why the PSNProfiles community is my favorite.

I was just super mad at the time but I realise that this is just a time sink and I'm going to have to accept that. 

I started to level up Xingqiu when I was on Floor 11 and I definitely began to see the difference he brought to the team (managed to clear Maguu Kenki so much easier).

It just seems that on Floor 12-3 I'm just unable to do really large raw damage to bring the enemies down fast enough. I feel my Healer side of things is all good now. 

I think what I need is a decent shield character (Zhongli would be a godsend) because I don't have a single one leveled up and a big-hitter, I have Klee and Ayaka so I might have to boost them up a little more.

My only hope is that they don't just keep making the Spiral Abyss harder. I feel that if I played Genshin earlier (I started playing a month after the PS5 release) I might have had an easier time but now they've added just harder enemies in general to the game it seems to have gotten harder as time has progressed. So my only hope is as people say to have a decent Blessing Of The Abyssal Moon and just smash my head through it.

Hoping I get Eula in the future both for the Spiral Abyss (and I absolutely love her in every way) hopefully they will rerun her banner soon.

Ayaka will do you wonders if you build her correctly! Give her the free 4 star Inazuma sword you can get through a quest (I forget which one). Her Elemental burst with a water character for elemental reactions is super strong when you use he elemental burst. She is amazing for singular target enemies. :)

On 27/10/2021 at 7:17 AM, SimmondsR said:

Get Diona mate. She's on the current banner and both shields and heals. 

On 05/11/2021 at 5:21 AM, LunchCannon54 said:

Get Diona mate. She's on the current banner and both shields and heals. 

I would second this (if you don't already have her), got her this week and she's improved my account so much. I'm using her in a freeze comp with Ayaka, Mona & Sucrose.

• 1 month later...
On 01/01/2022 at 5:52 PM, cusman said:

I'm too new to contribute anything useful, but reading the original post and all the comments that followed has been very useful for me. Thanks to all.

It's a long long journey. In the end, I passed it with:

Team 1 - Hu Tao, Jean, Xingqiu and Ayaka

Team 2 - Klee, Raiden Shogun, Rosaria, and Bennett

So I didn't use any shield characters in the end but if you do end up getting Zhongli in the upcoming banner it may go a long way.

Due to the damage requirements that are pretty much compulsory for clearing the Abyss Bennett is a must, ideally a C4.

The most surprising change that I implemented was Xingqiu but he was a C6 and dang did he make a huge difference especially with Ayaka in tow.

There are many ways to approach Abyss but none of them are particularly short asides from spending buckets of money on the banners.

Unfortunately, it does seem Mihoyo are set on constantly making the Abyss harder every major update rather than just adding more Floors or adding a selectable Extreme difficulty for those who want to flex their $10,000s built characters which is...fantastic ?

But you will get there in the end. I went from not being able to do the Abyss at all based on the OG post to now being able to achieve all nine stars for Floors 9 & 10 and obtain eight on Floor 11 and six or five on Floor 12. 

Good luck.

Everyone's advice here was tremendously helpful so I'm glad this post helped someone else too.

Edited by SimmondsR
  • Like 1