Have you ever Platinumed a game in your sleep?

jninja79

Like the title says, I want to hear your tales of games completed or trophies earned whilst actually sleeping and what you did to acheive them.

For me Ive earned the platinum trophy for Rocket League, and all 3 versions of Minecraft, whilst sleeping. Minecraft is pretty obvious, I just had the 100 days trophy left so blocked myself in and left the console on overnight, woke up to a shiny new plat :D 

In the case of Rocket League, it was back when the trophy requirement was for obtaining all items in the game and you earned an item after every game played, so I just rubber banded my controler and selotaped down the trigger then entered online matchmaking and went to bed, so all night I was loading into games and just driving round in circles. Again I woke up in the morning to a shiny new plat! (and I scored 1 goal that night somehow xD)

Hopefully I should have Saints Row 4 to add to this list in the morning too if the 40 hour trophy pops for me tonight :D

Edited by jninja79
  • Like 1

Cities Skylines is a must… The 1001 nights trophy is a killer. Takes 150 hours on the fastest speed to make it through 1001 nights. It has to be on one world aswell. So by the time you actually earn it the game time will be in the year 2400… 

Left my PS4 on for like 8 hours a night for weeks. 

Edited by SKiL_Clash
  • Like 1

Earned the trophy for 40k kills in Warhammer: 40,000 Space Marine (and the platinum) while asleep, and also the 100k kills for Helldivers.

Done several other VN platinums while not in the room (thanks turbo controller), but I was indeed awake.

I also used to fall asleep all the time playing FFXII; I'd wake up and be in a completely different area auto-fighting. The gambits system is one of the best combat systems in gaming history.

Edited by Helyx
  • Like 1

I have done that before with two games one being Everything. the game auto moves and does things for you so it is easy to plat it plus I did most things in the game that the ai couldn't do but yeah. I enjoyed the game but the music kind of made me fall asleep due to how relaxing it was. Plus, the game was fun. Also little big planet 2 as well because while I was asleep the levels I made finally got the people it needed to earn the trophies and this was all legit. No boosting just yeah. it was fun.

Edited by Lonemankane
  • Like 1

Stuff like the Explorer trophy in Mafia II, the 40 hours trophy in Saints Row IV, and collecting one million bolts in the original Ratchet & Clank I did mostly in my sleep. I had to do part of Explorer legit because the game kept pausing on the glitch.

Never earned a platinum while AFK, just individual trophies.

• Like 1

Just recently actually with Vice City for Take the Cannoli. 

Had my controller taped on the R1 button for the Sea Sparrow method and just slept like a log. When I checked back on my criminal rating after waking up I had almost 2 million, double of what was needed for the trophy lol.

• Like 1

I don’t remember but I possibly did obtain the Rocket League platinum back in 2017 while I was sleeping and doing that method where you don’t need to be touching the controller for that miles trophy which was the last trophy I needed to obtain the platinum but I definitely remember doing that method though. 

Edited by BrettyBoy
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, jninja79 said:

Like the title says, I want to hear your tales of games completed or trophies earned whilst actually sleeping and what you did to acheive them.

For me Ive earned the platinum trophy for Rocket League, and all 3 versions of Minecraft, whilst sleeping. Minecraft is pretty obvious, I just had the 100 days trophy left so blocked myself in and left the console on overnight, woke up to a shiny new plat :D 

In the case of Rocket League, it was back when the trophy requirement was for obtaining all items in the game and you earned an item after every game played, so I just rubber banded my controler and selotaped down the trigger then entered online matchmaking and went to bed, so all night I was loading into games and just driving round in circles. Again I woke up in the morning to a shiny new plat! (and I scored 1 goal that night somehow xD)

Hopefully I should have Saints Row 4 to add to this list in the morning too if the 40 hour trophy pops for me tonight :D

this one:

10S78b897.png

Long Night
Played a total of 50 hours

to get

1S80423e.png

The Night Alone
Earned all other trophies

this game is doable in less then 10 hours... so the other 40 hours...

• Like 1

Not on PSN, though I did earn some trophies in Omega Quintet while sleeping and at work.  Have 100%ed a few Steam games while asleep though by running macros for achievements like the 10k kills in FFIX and FFVIII and the max out all job levels one in FFIII.  Also used macros to obtain those stupid tails in FFIV TAY.

I've left games running in the background whilst I slept or got on with other stuff  but haven't got a platinum that way. Closest to it was the last trophy I had to get in Saints Row 4 for the platinum, which was spending 40 hours in the simulation. After getting all the others, I was at around 35.

Rubberband on right stick, controller on charge and the character in a safe spot. Left it at around 12 midday and just got on with things. Recall checking my trophies whilst I was at the pub in the evening and saw that I'd got it. Similar thing with with Gat Out Of Hell, only that was only for an hour or so.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AgentSmiz said:

Closest to it was the last trophy I had to get in Saints Row 4 for the platinum, which was spending 40 hours in the simulation.

Did the exact same thing with SR4 2 nights ago. its what inspired the topic tbh. I had 14 hours to afk for, so just stood on a roof and idled overnight.

Tales of Vesperia- Wear the rabbit ears for Yuri for 5 hours, I rubber banded this with Baul and it was my last trophy, as you can only get the rabbit ears after getting all titles which can only be done by getting all the other trophies and doing everything else the game has to offer.