Is the level of difficulty 10/10? What do you all think?

Kazya-_-

24 minutes ago, I-FaNTaSTiCzZ-l said:

It's not really that big of a deal, it's just a hard game in general. I just slapped the 10 on there cause I've played 7-8s and the odd 9-10 and they don't come close to this so far. Lets just settle for a 9.5 1f44d.png

Yeah, I don't care what the difficulty of this game is.
I was just curious about the opinions of users who experienced the nightmare difficulty level of this game.
A few people are still replying here only by their imagination without experiencing the nightmare difficulty of the game.

lol?

43 minutes ago, Kazya-_- said:

Yeah, I don't care what the difficulty of this game is.
I was just curious about the opinions of users who experienced the nightmare difficulty level of this game.
A few people are still replying here only by their imagination without experiencing the nightmare difficulty of the game.

lol1f602.png

Nah they are right, there are games that are way harder that are a 10 but theres games at a 9 which are easier. The evil within is a 9, but its really not that difficult when you learn it, more like a 3-4, same with fall guys, which was atleast for me never a 10 at its hardest. Then you have 7-8s like Re revelations and Bo3, which are a joke and are pretty easy. At the end of the day this game is fun, regardless of difficulty ?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, I-FaNTaSTiCzZ-l said:

Nah they are right, there are games that are way harder that are a 10 but theres games at a 9 which are easier. The evil within is a 9, but its really not that difficult when you learn it, more like a 3-4, same with fall guys, which was atleast for me never a 10 at its hardest. Then you have 7-8s like Re revelations and Bo3, which are a joke and are pretty easy. At the end of the day this game is fun, regardless of difficulty 1f642.png

Right.

This game is really fun.

But it feels more difficult because there is no perfect tip for nightmare difficulty yet.

When I finished the veteran level, I thought I could win the Platinum Trophy quickly, but when I started the nightmare level, it was my misunderstanding.

I didn't know the nightmare level would be this difficult.

Someday, YouTube will update a lot of tips to succeed in this.

I'm just enjoying it now.

Let's cheer up.??

2 hours ago, Kazya-_- said:

I'm curious about the opinions of users who experienced the nightmare difficulty level of this game.

I'm sorry, but you didn't do the nightmare level either.

You are still incomplete, even the lowest difficulty level.

And did your friend complete the nightmare level of this game? What are you looking at and believing in your friend?

Please experience it yourself and give me an opinion later.

Ok bud.

But would like to to point out that my comment was more a question then a answer.

Heres the thing if quick match does give you trophies for completing acts then it would be a trivial plat at best anyways cus you could just join random match's and earn trophies.

Mind you that would be much later when ppl get better at the game and have learned it inside and out.

It would allow new players to earn the plat quicker without much effort tho.

Edited by Wild-Arms-R
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Aim-Dat-PaiN said:

i've finished all acts on Nightmare difficulty and imo it's def a 10/10, me and my teamates are all 100h+ and we had  to replay the missions alot of times to build a proper deck and learn the best strategy to move on level by level, theres no point in say it is a 6-7/10 if you didn't even have finished the veteran difficulty, the game is hard asf and you need a pretty good team to get all 4 clean up achievments, especially act 3 wich is the hardest one.

Wow, you're amazing.
You're almost done with it.
Congratulations.
Can you give me some tips on the nightmare level?

4 minutes ago, Wild-Arms-R said:

Ok bud.

Thanks ? 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, JewishPanCaKe said:

The game is imbalanced.. the only 2 ppl that have platinum have more than likely partied up with PC that used mods... I can say from personal experience even with a good team that nightmare is near impossible 

me and my squad all play on ps5, but i do agree with you about the first guy who got the nightmare achievment, the guy finished the recruit difficulty and 7 hours later he got the nightmare trophy? bro, me and my squad spent hours and hours to farm a proper deck, and i also think that the spawn of special Zombies in some parts r def broken.

10 minutes ago, Kazya-_- said:

Wow, you're amazing.
You're almost done with it.
Congratulations.
Can you give me some tips on the nightmare level?

Thanks ? 

thanks for that men!

we played in a 4-man squad

1 medic focused on reviving / heal 

2 granadier/weakpoint damage build

3 berzeker/pipebomb build

4 tanker/use velocity (i think it is the name in english)

Edited by Aim-Dat-PaiN
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, JewishPanCaKe said:

The game is imbalanced.. the only 2 ppl that have platinum have more than likely partied up with PC that used mods... I can say from personal experience even with a good team that nightmare is near impossible 

Users who have experienced this in person like you are thinking similar things to me.
That's right. The level of nightmares in this game is really hard.
Let's cheer up.
You'll make it someday.

27 minutes ago, Aim-Dat-PaiN said:

me and my squad all play on ps5, but i do agree with you about the first guy who got the nightmare achievment, the guy finished the recruit difficulty and 7 hours later he got the nightmare trophy? bro, me and my squad spent hours and hours to farm a proper deck, and i also think that the spawn of special Zombies in some parts r def broken.

This game is definitely unbalanced, now don’t want to compare it to left 4 Dead but the games call back 4 blood(so the devs already did) 

But L4D was so much better then what ever this game is going for.

Call system to make you think your progressing, when in reality the games pading out content so it doesn’t seem more shallow.

Special infected that are pretty poorly designed(and very uninspired) with obnoxious spawn rate to boot.

Bland ass art style and gunplay.

I get they wanted to give the game a gritty take, but I feel it more to the games detriment.

This game is just L4D without any of the charm, almost like a cash grab.

And I can’t see it lasting anymore then maybe a year till it’s forgotten cus there just isn’t anything interesting to be had here. E.g Evolved.

Edited by Wild-Arms-R
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, Aim-Dat-PaiN said:

thanks for that men!

we played in a 4-man squad

1 medic focused on reviving / heal 

2 granadier/weakpoint damage build

3 berzeker/pipebomb build

4 tanker/use velocity (i think it is the name in english)

Thank you??

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Wild-Arms-R said:

This game is definitely unbalanced, now don’t want to compare it to left 4 Dead but the games call back 4 blood(so the devs already did) 

But L4D was so much better then what ever this game is going for.

Call system to make you think your progressing, when in reality the games pading out content so it doesn’t seem more shallow.

Special infected that are pretty poorly designed(and very uninspired) with obnoxious spawn rate to boot.

Bland ass art style and gunplay.

I get they wanted to give the game a gritty take, but I feel it more to the games detriment.

This game is just L4D without any of the charm, almost like a cash grab.

And I can’t see it lasting anymore then maybe a year till it’s forgotten cus there just isn’t anything interesting to be had here. E.g Evolved.

Preach on preacher man. I played on pc quite a bit while at work and I gotta say this hits the nail on the head.

It has a nostalgic effect from those of us who have poured hundreds of hours into L4D but to me that's all I feel when I play it.

I suppose I would enjoy it more if I never played L4D, but who knows. 

To stay relevant on this thread I feel like giving an unbalanced game a 10/10 could be fair, but at the same time certain rng spawning issues make it like 8/10-9/10. I've had friends play that have been incredibly lucky on nightmare runs, but thats just it...luck.

But let's be honest, how severely different is an 8/10 to a 10/10? To me anything 8 and above already shows its going to be a pain.

Last note @Kazya-_-, if you want to only hear the opinions of those who have played it, maybe state that in the title of your thread? You make good points but so do those doing thier due diligence otherwise. This is psnprofiles,  there are plenty of other threads where there are people who haven't played the game in subject yet still comment. This is to be expected. 

Edited by RoxasOnFire
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Kazya-_- said:

Hey, what's your opinion that just because this game was released and two users completed it within 10 days, it's not 10/10?
I don't really care if this game is 10/10.
I was just curious about the opinions of users who played this game with nightmare difficulty.
I think you're overreacting.
And the shortest time for users who have completed Super Meat Boy is 9 hours and 20 minutes.
Then that game isn't 10/10?
It's not easy to play games just because the time is short, I think you're mistaken.
Again, I'm just looking at the user's opinion who played this game with a nightmare level.
The user's opinion of talking in imagination like you is just an argument.
I'm not interested in your opinion.
Buy this game, play it yourself, and give me suggestions.
Then I'll sympathize with you.

ok 1st off you don't have to sympathize with me I sympathize with you you're the one having troubles with the nightmare difficulty of the game.  2nd, you haven't finished nightmare either maybe you haven't played it.  How do you know other people commenting haven't experienced it.  Lastly, it's like having a conversation with a child.  The person who completed super meat boy in 9 hours practiced the levels on another account until they mastered each one and then completed it in that time and the fact they did that is evident.  You're making a pathetic bullshit argument because you can't think up a legitimate argument to make.  Which is why I say it's like convertsating with a child.  Everybody who has the game already told you their opinion you have no idea whether they expeirxecend nightmare or not.  You have 0 acts completed on nightmare yourself so why should anyone listen to your opinion? I don't care to buy the game.  It looks like a steaming pile of shit to me.  I already did WWZ and Earthfall I really don't want another game like that right now, but if I did i'd have a solid group of people to play it with lined up instead of sitting around crying about how hard it is because I was having to play in public lobbies without a mic because i had no friends which may or may not be why it's so hard for you, you didn't answer the question.  I'm assuming you're using public lobbies possibly without a mic.

Edited by steel6burgh
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, JewishPanCaKe said:

I looked at the trophies of one of the players who have already got the platinum, and I can tell you that it seems very strange to me, from my own experience I can tell you that it is impossible to complete the nightmare only in 7 hours, as he did, I also think he used the cross platform to play with a mod PC player. 
I've already finished the nightmare with all players playing on Ps5, and I can tell you it's a 10/10

• Like 1

I think it's safe to say we all have different opinions on what a 10/10 difficulty game looks like. For me, games like Crypt of the NecroDancer and Diablo II: Resurrected are a 10/10 difficulty and this game isn't even in the same league as either of those. It's not even close. I just don't see how it can be given the same score as them but each of us has a different opinion.

Anyway, good luck to everyone with your nightmare pursuits! I'm sure we'll start seeing more and more suggested builds and guides coming out over the next few weeks.

Edited by PeachyJacobs
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, PeachyJacobs said:

Acho que é seguro dizer que todos nós temos opiniões diferentes sobre a aparência de um jogo de dificuldade 10/10. Para mim, jogos como Crypt of the NecroDancer e Diablo II: Resurrected têm dificuldade 10/10 e este jogo não está nem na mesma liga que nenhum deles. Não é nem perto. Só não vejo como pode ser dada a mesma pontuação que eles, mas cada um de nós tem uma opinião diferente.

De qualquer forma, boa sorte a todos com suas buscas de pesadelo! Tenho certeza de que começaremos a ver mais e mais compilações e guias sugeridos saindo nas próximas semanas.

I think all the opinions of those who have already experienced the nightmare are valid, however if you think the game is not a 10/10, complete the game on this difficulty and after that come back here to say what you think, as I saw on your id that you only finished the recruit mode

• Like 2

Definitely 10/10, even the Veteran mode is crazy itself. I have been playing it with my brother and I only, some occasions we would just run the whole thing because the level has to many infinite spawns. I tried nightmare and I'll say it's brutal, dev should drop the difficulty more, or balance the spawns correctly. 

Edited by Armed_Incognito

4 hours ago, PeachyJacobs said:

I couldn't agree more with this statement. A lot of people are quick to throw their toys out of the cot and blame the devs for the difficulty being too hard. It's laughable. There is no way these people struggling on veteran and nightmare have put in the hours to get better and unlock the required cards and make the right builds etc. Maybe with randoms and no mics this could be a 10 but even still I've had some great matches with randoms where they were team players.

The game just released. Takes time to improve. I think an 8 sounds reasonable at this stage. Many builds, pipebombs, etc. will make the harder difficulties easier.

Exactly, every time one of these games comes out the same conversation happens.  i remember World War Z after they dropped the capabilities of the AI everyone thought the game became impossible.  However, with a lot of practice and getting a good team people overcame the challenge.  I remember people saying Earthfall was impossible.  More recently Aliens fire team was a 10/10 and impossible and now it's sitting at 1.62% completion rate. I believe that Back for Blood is a tough platinum for sure.  But I don't think you can assign it the highest difficulty rating after just a few weeks.  If in two months only 2 people managed the platinum maybe so.  We'll see.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, steel6burgh said:

Exactly, every time one of these games comes out the same conversation happens.  i remember World War Z after they dropped the capabilities of the AI everyone thought the game became impossible.  However, with a lot of practice and getting a good team people overcame the challenge.  I remember people saying Earthfall was impossible.  More recently Aliens fire team was a 10/10 and impossible and now it's sitting at 1.62% completion rate. I believe that Back for Blood is a tough platinum for sure.  But I don't think you can assign it the highest difficulty rating after just a few weeks.  If in two months only 2 people managed the platinum maybe so.  We'll see.

I agree with 90% of what youre saying but the reason why aliens fireteam was so low was because the devs decided to upgrade everyones guns to max level and the trophy tracker wasnt counting that.they tried to fix one trophy and messed up 3 other trophies in the process as well. 

On topic: once people unlock the better cards, start working better as a team and put together a good deck i believe it will be easier.

Edited by offdutysuperhero
  • Like 1

Gonna chime and in say nightmare is super difficult, I’d give the game a 9/10 difficulty rating. I was at the front of the leaderboards for the game in terms of progress and trophies earned for basically the whole way until the 2 people who got the plat got it. I had put in 70 hours before the early access ended and I don’t care how good someone is there is simply no way the 2 plat achievers did nightmare without having even tried or done recruit and veteran. There was a post on the Turtle Rock Studios discord showing the game CAN be modded on PC. Like someone else said they must have played with a PC hacker/modder.

As for the actual difficulty I feel it is VERY doable after a lot of practice and finding your correct team and getting that team synergy. Unfortunately even on discord all I was paired up with was idiots, this game is full of them, game pass users flooding the nightmare quick play queues (this was useful in early access). On top of that you’ll clearly state you only want people who have done veteran to join, someone will join say they’ve done it because they’re Xbox or PC you can’t check progress. Game loads, we fail and it’s their first time playing the game or nightmare. I’ve just had go to give up for now and let people get better. I feel 6 of the difficulty rating points for this game atm are just for finding a team.   

Also would like to point out I did report one of the guys who did the plat with my thoughts and how some time stamps just really can’t be possible with how new the game is and how difficult it is also the fact they just straight up did nightmare lol, I guess they’re legit enough for PSNP.

Edited by SzzPS
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, steel6burgh said:

ok 1st off you don't have to sympathize with me I sympathize with you you're the one having troubles with the nightmare difficulty of the game.  2nd, you haven't finished nightmare either maybe you haven't played it.  How do you know other people commenting haven't experienced it.  Lastly, it's like having a conversation with a child.  The person who completed super meat boy in 9 hours practiced the levels on another account until they mastered each one and then completed it in that time and the fact they did that is evident.  You're making a pathetic bullshit argument because you can't think up a legitimate argument to make.  Which is why I say it's like convertsating with a child.  Everybody who has the game already told you their opinion you have no idea whether they expeirxecend nightmare or not.  You have 0 acts completed on nightmare yourself so why should anyone listen to your opinion? I don't care to buy the game.  It looks like a steaming pile of shit to me.  I already did WWZ and Earthfall I really don't want another game like that right now, but if I did i'd have a solid group of people to play it with lined up instead of sitting around crying about how hard it is because I was having to play in public lobbies without a mic because i had no friends which may or may not be why it's so hard for you, you didn't answer the question.  I'm assuming you're using public lobbies possibly without a mic.

If you click on the user's profile and look at the trophy, you can check whether or not you have won a veteran difficulty trophy.

And this game is more difficult than wwz and Earthfall.

I've completed the two games, too, but the nightmare level of this game is much harder than that.

Again, experience it yourself and feel how difficult it is.

If you don't want to buy this game, you don't have to pick a fight with me.

I look like a kid? Is it because I'm not good at English?

I served in the army. I'm an adult.

You seem rather pathetic when you argue with me.

Again, I'm talking about the nightmare level of this game.

You said " I don't care to buy the game.

It looks like a steaming pile of shit to me." to me.

You only hurt users who enjoy this game.

If you don't like this game, don't pay attention to it.

Don't wander around in this post. Hahaha.

Edited by Kazya-_-
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, offdutysuperhero said:

I agree with 90% of what youre saying but the reason why aliens fireteam was so low was because the devs decided to upgrade everyones guns to max level and the trophy tracker wasnt counting that.they tried to fix one trophy and messed up 3 other trophies in the process as well. 

On topic: once people unlock the better cards, start working better as a team and put together a good deck i believe it will be easier.

thanks you for seeing the point in time it all becomes easier.  if nobody can do the difficulty the devs will eventually drop it down a notch as well because it doesn't really work well for games like these if nobody can accomplish the highest difficulty.  Working through these games and advancing difficulties is the entire point and it fails as a game if people can't do it. My whole point kinda was that games similar to this i played in the past always seems impossible at first and then with time it becomes clear how to beat them.

I agree with what you said
This game on the on nightmare difficulty  is complete chaos and unbalanced difficulty and special zombie
appear from everywhere (Without any balance and chaotic).
You cannot make a clear strategy because the game is renewed with every losing attempt
and playing on nightmare difficulty does not help you become a professional in the game.
because this level does not develop your level, my evaluation of the difficulty This game is more than 10

Edited by HSN1899
  • Like 1

If you guys are struggling a lot, try the movement speed decks with sprint cancel jumping. Helped me clear the last 4 act 1 missions on nightmare and the first 2 missions on act 2 (Handy man is extremely hard on nightmare).

You need these cards as your first 4:

+15% movement speed

+10% movement speed

+40% stamina (or +60% stamina, but I find that to be more risky because of the negative slow resistance)

+30% sprint efficiency

After those 4 cards stack the other stamina and movement speed cards and cards that give more offensive slots for pipe bombs. You also need the +125% use speed card in Hell's Bells and The Sound of Thunder.

• Like 2