Senna dlc championship bug/exploit

Angus1343

2 hours ago, Angus1343 said:

There is currently a bug in the game that I stumbled upon which will award you the 3 championship trophies in this dlc with very minimal effort. Start a race and at any time before crossing the finish line pause the game and press quit. The game will give you a warning that you will lose all progress so do not confirm. Instead go back and resume the race and when you cross the finish line regardless of placement you will be awarded the win and the trophy. 

This will most likely be a very common occurrence for players who try to restart a race or quit, so I expect it to be patched very quickly. Take advantage of it while you can if you are interested.

Does it have to be the last race in the championship? 

Edit: It seems that it will only pop as long as you don't win the race. Thanks for the tip!

Edited by Banana_Sausage47

This worked great and thanks for the tip!  On a side note, I did have to restart the game from the Xmb after each race, it didn't want to put the results up on the screen so it just kind of bricked.  The game, not the console.  Anyway, if anyone is reading this and worried that they're stuck on a blank results screen, just close the game and re-open it and it should be fine.

Thanks again!

Decided to experiment with this just for fun. You don't have to lose - I did the quit thing then resumed and won the race and it still popped after. So it seems like the quit/resume is all that is required, no matter what position you finish the race after or if you run out of fuel, as long as the event ends, it pops? Pretty strange bug lol. I did get a patch notification while playing btw so this may no longer work, no idea what was patched.

The results screen was also still broken despite finishing and winning the race

Edited by madbuk

I was doing the championship and the trick worked perfectly, the screen crashes when you run out of fuel and I restarted the game and it was updated to ver. 2.01 just when I was going for the championship trophy 3 in LEGEND.  IT DID NOT WORK FOR ME, the patch fixed that bug.

Edited by er_Robbens
Ver. 2.01

Tnx for the warning on the patch.  Just started the game 5 mins ago n still got the mssg for the update.  Stopped it n disconnected the ps4 from the internet.  Played game offline n popped all 3 trophies without a hitch.  Did get the black screen on results screen also, being offline I guess, just closed the game n restarted the next race was already unlocked. Huge props for finding this glitch.

Edited by hungherk